Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(minor) Magic-League Changes/Suggestions/Bug Fixes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Splunge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wanna fix the LRW appr patch? It has way too many bugs which really are annoying. Thanks Laplie|Gone / Laplie|NotHere / Laplie|Here / Laplie|ReallyGone / ex-MIT PIMP.
cjthedude

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My idea is this. A program on the site that turns apprentice deck codes into Mws deck codes so that you can play league games/ minis for draft on apprentice. It sees like it would be easy since there kinda is one. Like if you join a mini even if its just an apprentice mini it gives you both codes so it seems like if you made a draft deck them joined a mini it would show your already known apprentice code and your newly discovered mws code.

thats my idea
_SeBaStIaN_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this sounds stupid but maybe can make a limited draft master or make a drafts minis with magic workstation
Avata

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally love the idea of a draft trial/master, but wouldn't that be a huge logistics nightmare?

In order to maintain any sort of consistency, you'd have to re-draft every three rounds so people aren't playing people from other pods, not to mention the feature would be pretty popular and you'd have to run a ton of drafts simultaneously at the beginning of the tournament.

Still though, if this could be implemented, I'd be beside myself with joy. Very Happy
marten2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of a draft master, which would indeed be hard to organize, I would also really like a master in the form of PTQ Kuala lumpur. then you only have to organize a sealed pool once and only one draft for the top8
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
instead of a draft master, which would indeed be hard to organize, I would also really like a master in the form of PTQ Kuala lumpur. then you only have to organize a sealed pool once and only one draft for the top8

That would be easier than trying to do a draft master. Last time we tried doing a multi-pod draft mini it was an absolute nightmare to set up.
_SeBaStIaN_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if is so difficult make a draft trial/master then maybe just run draft minis but with MWS
georgjorge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you wouldn't just see the Top 4 of the last Trial on the main page, but maybe the last three Trials or so...also because then a conversation regarding the decks can be kept on a little bit longer, whereas nowadays people post the first day, then not anymore because it has vanished from the main page...
IshiIshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the main page, the most recent topics being discussed in the Forums are shown. I think the amount of topics displayed should be increased by at least five, if not more.

When a topic is displayed on the main page, it gets a lot of attention, but, once it falls off the display, no one posts on it anymore. I believe that M-L would have much better discussions if this number were increased.

It may also be a good idea if when something was posted on it got bumped to the top of the list displayed on the main page - We could show the 15 most recently posted on topics or something? I don't know, just something to think about.
ebArt_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was computing some stats on every Shards Sealed deck played on Magic-League, and noticed that Savage Lands showed up as often as the other commons, even though it is an uncommon. I'm suspecting that the rarity might be incorrect on this card, care to check this out? Thanks!
Kin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a problem with viewing Ukrainian flag at rating tables. Picture ua.gif does not opens.

Thanks from Ukrainian players! Smile
Zoom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two suggestions:

1) Recognition for mini winners in channel. It would be a nice touch to announce the winner of each mini in the channel. Folks play minis for playtesting, rating, fun and pride. Announcement of the winner for all to see would reward the last two reasons. Maybe add this function to the mini helper?

2) Searchable database for decks from minis. The only way I know of getting lists from minis is by starting at the ratings history (someone please tell me if there is a better way) Searchable mini decklists would allow us to use ML as a better research tool for preparing for real life play. Also, this could help to get a quick handle on the various offbeat formats that get played from time to time.
Laplie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zoom wrote:
Two suggestions:

2) Searchable database for decks from minis. The only way I know of getting lists from minis is by starting at the ratings history (someone please tell me if there is a better way) Searchable mini decklists would allow us to use ML

You can go through minis 1 by 1 by looking at : http://www.magic-league.com/tourney_list.php which shows the latest tournaments. You can look at the decks by clicking on a mini then on the deck link. Decks of masters and trials are all in the "Magic decks" section going back many years.

I'm not sure what you would want to search by otherwise.
totolcc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get people to write fun articles... creating a designated section and writers team, non-remunerated, of course... but a section like, mtg official has... with ppl comenting top8 decks (maybe from trials or masters), articles about the fun formats, about brewing decks, articles about limited with hints and strategies... seems kinda doable...
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi totolcc,

There's a few points here I'd like to make:

- We already have a designated section and team - the coverage department. We are working hard to develop it and appreciate all writers, regardless of what language you speak or what language you want to write in Smile
- Our coverage site is at http://weedmonkey.byethost11.com. This should hopefully answer the 'designated section' you were asking for.
- As for writing articles about various areas...we are limited by our writers and what they wish to write about. I won't force anyone to write about something they don't want to write about.

If you're interested in writing, or want more information regarding the coverage department, please email coverage@magic-league.com

Cheers,
Roo
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6