Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CASUAL play

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
ColdBeer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: CASUAL play Reply with quote

I recently had a run in, 2 as a matter of fact, with a player who will not be named. First off he will not be named because that would be inappropriate, secondly he changed his name in both draft and apprentice which incidentally both differ from his name in irc (I knew it was him because he had the same intro message in apprentice).

In my first casual match with this player, I on 4 occasions (yes I am a retard) forgot until after the upkeep to add mandatory spore counters to fungi. In each case I immediately added after my draw, no harm no foul imo. On the 5th occasion he demanded game loss, and accused me of cheating. Being that I did not want to argue and would rather just finish the game I said fine, whatever, on to g3. He then proceeded to degrade me as an idiot and then disconnect. this was in a CASUAL game. game loss in casual? what?

The second time around he got on to me for putting a whispers of the muse (which I did wait for an ok conformation before drawing even though he was tapped out) in the gy immediately before drawing for the effect. He then told me told me I was not using the stack correctly and that was unacceptable. Once again mid game 2 he whined about me being an idiot and how he refuses to play with idiots and disconnected.

I am not an idiot. I know how this game works. This is CASUAL play however. It is also hindered by the fact that the computer program is cumbersome and shortcuts are taken. I want to know if anyone else has seen this kind of behavior, and if not who in the hell is this guy playing with? In my opinion this type of behavior is detremental to the league. I am slightly offended but moreso pissed that i waste my time on a draft twice so that some prick can degrade me for trying to have fun playing magic. If I knew who the guy was I would just avoid him, as such this post seemed my best option.
Paellin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its kind of hard to avoid this kind of person, based on what i've seen about 1 in 6 people do this. another thing with casual games that i've noticed, is people people freak out if you have to do somthing (yes, some of us have lives) in the middle of a game and disconnet. one time i had a guy flaming at me for 25 minutes about "not starting games then leaving halfway"
ant900

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this one game it was turn 2 and I had a shock land in play so i played another one tapped and then played a feldons cane, and he told me -2, and I was like wtf? he said it was cuz I put my land into play untapped, and I said no i didnt. so this goes on for a bit and he eventually disconnects.

the morals of the story is RTFC and dont be a n00b
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about5269.html

Kind of like this, but worse since its casual. You just have to remember that a lot of these people only win games because they are anal assholes and can't just win by skill alone. I know rules are rules and they should be strictly followed for enjoyment of the game by both players, but if you forget to draw from a howling mine or put a counter on something with not "may" instances and lose a game to it, thats just ridiculous.
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the is it geek thing, I fucking was yelling at him for being a whiny bitch. Your not one though. The moral value of ruleslawyering isn't in question imo, but when they do it like a bitch in CASUAL games, its becomes pathetic.

I do mine with happy thoughts. My oppenent declares a color Red then goes oh wait no blue!!!

I'm like hahahahaha no fucker. You are stuck with Red.

And he cries and I laugh. BUT I never insult him(sides the fucker). Its not peoples fault for making mistakes, its human nature. However its **** nature to capitalize on human nature.
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Run into a player like this in a draft (i will leave his name unmentioned) he started a draft and we were paired and about halfway through pack 2 some1 said something to the effect of "how many spiders do you have (guy's name)" all of a sudden he pauses the draft and says "don't talk about colors in draft" , now this is a somewhat legitimate Gripe but i didnt see any color talk goin on (but i may have missed it) and i cant blame him for asking the color talk to stop. but then he goes "this draft is tainted" and CLOSES It (this was a cas draft keep in mind) so we go to the chat room and i asked him why he made a big deal about it and he said "it was tainted" and kept repeating phrases like "If the cows are gone close the door" so i asked him y he didn't just warn him and keep going and he was like "it was tainted" so i asked him y he didnt use silent draft to prevent it if he cared so much about it and he's like "i did prevent it...I closed it" and i said you didnt prevent it b/c it happened and if you really didnt want it to happen you woulds closed it. it was a bunch of bs ne ways so i feel your pain all
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1