Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Play World of Warcraft tcg?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Anyone Play World of Warcraft tcg? Reply with quote

I haven't played the game yet, but I download it on MWS and played a few solitaire hands. If anyone wants to play, msg me in chatroom.

Last edited by Acid_Christ on Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
iKe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the game any good?
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The game in a lot of ways is like Magic.
You start out with a Main Personality. For all intent and purposes, this card is you. Sorta like an Avatar on Mtgo. They all have different life totals, and different abilities. Different trades/classes. You can only use certain cards in a deck if you have a Skill required to play it.
Sort of like that Duel whatever game, you can play any card from your hand face down for a "land". But you also have Quest cards that are face up lands, but they have different activated abilities that you can use, then flip it over after used. An example - Pay 2 to complete this quest: Draw a card. So when you got 2 extra mana to spend, you can flip it over (it can still be used for mana) and draw a card.
Instead of Instants/Sorceries, you have "ability" cards. Some can be played as instants (if it has Instant Ability in the type). Like magic, you pay the cost for it, and it goes onto the stack (although they have a different term for stack), etc.
And your creatures...They are your "allies". You play them just like in magic, but the only major differences are: Damage is permanent. No damage wearing off at end of turn, etc. Damage stays until it is either Healed or the Creature dies/leaves play. And (im guessing like You-Gay-Hoe) your creatures directly attack an enemies allies or main persona, your choice. Each creature attacks seperately. Some creatures have a "ranged" attack, and when they attack, they deal their damage to the opposing character, but don't take any in return. But a creature without ranged attacks will deal damage like regular magic.

You can check out rules at www.worldofwarcrafttcg.com as well as download/print a couple proxy decks to play with before you spend your money on it.

You can dl the MWS patch for it at www.tcgplayer.com

All in all, I think the game is great. Its alot like magic, but has its differences that makes it refreshing when you get tired of the same old magic.

I made a channel on mIRC for anyone that plays can hang out and strategize, find opponents, etc. Its #WorldofWarcraft I will be needing people who play to be ops on the channel, so anyone who plays/wants to play, join up and msg me on mIRC or email me turkeyitch@yahoo.com

An interesting article on WoW and Magic can be found here-
http://wow.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=1355
COOLBOY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play it, its really good. Infi potential. It isnt just another fly-by-night game.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are "only good games"?
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid_Christ wrote:
what are "only good games"?

naked marco polo
COOLBOY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lawlz
Koen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's "Wolrd of Warcraft tcg"?

I once heard of World of Warcraft though.

Please change your topic. Thanks.
dsad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt play it, but even if i was super gay and like world of warcrack, I wouldn't pay 6.00 for a pack.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azuRE wrote:
I wouldnt play it, but even if i was super gay and like world of warcrack, I wouldn't pay 6.00 for a pack.

I don't know where you would pay 6 bucks a pack either. You pay 4 bucks for a pack of Magic, the same price for a pack of WoW. And your ignorance is giving me a headache, please don't post anymore.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1