Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dragonstorm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Dragonstorm Reply with quote

//Name: Dragonstorm
1 Dreadship Reef
1 Calciform Pools
8 Island
4 Steam Vents
4 Mountain
4 Shivan Reef
4 Bogardan Hellkite
2 Hunted Dragon
4 Lotus Bloom
4 Dragonstorm
4 Telling Time
4 Seething Song
4 Sleight of Hand
4 Rite of Flame
4 Gigadrowse
4 Remand
//Sideboard:
SB: 1 Trickbind
SB: 3 Pyroclasm
SB: 1 Calciform Pools
SB: 2 Dreadship Reef
SB: 3 Ignorant Bliss
SB: 4 Repeal
SB: 1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

UR Dragonstorm, as played by Makahito Mihara. How could the deck or sideboard be changed? How could the matchups be improved? Discuss!
Colossus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently, Ignorant Bliss is the supAr tech.

Don't care if it won worlds, I still don't like the deck.
Eldar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this deck is sick consistent and doesn't lose to much it dies to martyr-tron. I have been making a deck that so far hasn't lost in like 4-5 matches vs various dstorm builds and boasts great matchups vs just about every other deck. PM me for info about it. The deck is very solid but dstorm can crap itself and die. It has some bad matchups now and honestly imo isn't the best deck anymore.
SaTiVa
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the god hand is mountain, 3x rite, seething, d-storm resulting in turn one kill....
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai_ wrote:
First , gratz to the champ (with lots of luck)

About the decklist, i dont know the use of 1 single copy of trickbind. Is it supposed to be drawn at the very exact moment you need it?

And does pyroclasm kill something nowadays? Against Glare, it kill thelonites or scryb ranger.

I would prefer to use more "storage lands" main, to get more slots in side for other copies of trickbind, or the 4th ignorant bliss...

Anyway, if he is the champ, he must have tested this list over 2 hundred games.

the 1 trickbind seems silly yes..but pyroclasm kills turn 1 elves and birds and some boro's creatures it does alot more then you think it does..just not as much as it used to do

Danny
KrovikanMist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find suspending cards quite ineffective. They always get countered
coolcreep

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dstorm is one of those decks that is easy to lose to if you arent prepared for it and easy to beat if you are. dedicating 3-6 cards in the SB to this deck makes it die.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MauJustice wrote:
I play 4x simian spirit guide instead of Gigadrowse, in hopes of a turn 1 Spirit/Rite/Rite/Song/Song/Dstorm, Turn one win without even a friggin mountain. Hey we can all dream right? Even if it does suck, it almost solidly ensures a turn 3-4 dragonstorm with 1 or 2 in your hand.

Technically the way you said it you would need a Mountain, because after Rite Rite Song Song, you only have eight mana. Razz

The point is, if everyone is boarding 3-6 slots against Dstorm, it won't win, but it facilitates other decks that you're not boarding against (Mono Black Discard, KBBK). Then when you board against those decks, Dragonstorm becomes good again. The fact that this format has so many alternate wins besides the typical agro + control (land destruction, various Storm combo, discard, etc) stretches sideboards until one deck isn't boarded against enough, and it wins. Lots of people dedicate a few slots to Dragonstorm thinking they'll be enough, don't test the matchup, and end up kicking themselves later when they lose to it.
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres not point in playing Dragonstorm in a bigger torny then FNM

vodka
shawnconnery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: SB Suggestions Reply with quote

With all the dralnu and MGA, i made the changes to the sb, that won me some tournaments, so here are the cards i added.

4 Defense Grid
3 Form of the Dragon(Aggro decks like MGA and the only flyers are scryb and when you go turn 2 rite, seething, seething, form, you pretty much win because if they play scryb ranger turn 2 you can kill it before it gets big enough to kill you and its an alternitive if you dont have Dragonstorm)
3 Bottled Cloister
4 Pyroclasm
1 Niv-Mizzet
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a list?
PsyK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a personal note. I don't like bottled cloister over ignorant bliss. Dragonstorm is consistently fast enough that i would think ignorant bliss is enough as you shouldn't need it to help multiple times
Megamarco

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think about Pact of Negation in Dragonstorm?? i think it can be a great help when you go off, but the rest of the game its a dead card in your hand

And are there any other future sight cards you think that is playable in DR?
Cosmo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pact of negation will be good, but i think that gigadrowse will be better

i try a swich SB some time ago. it was something like this:
4 boomerang
4 stone rain
4 cryoclasm
3 demolish

it was fun, they castigate/blackmail you just to see land destruction and it was like omg Shocked
Barend

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone thought of boarding in detritivore? as u can suspend for 4 on t4 quite often
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3