Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MBC that doesn't suck

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: MBC that doesn't suck Reply with quote

20 MI Swamp
3 TSP Urza's Factory
//\\
// Spells
4 AP Phyrexian Arena
4 TSP Phyrexian Totem
4 MI Stupor
4 US Persecute
3 TSP Tendrils of Corruption
4 TSP Smallpox
4 CS Soul Spike
4 P2 Cruel Edict
4 MR Consume Spirit
2 RAV Bottled Cloister
//\\
// Sideboard
1 TSP Tendrils of Corruption
3 RAV Nightmare Void
4 VI Funeral Charm
4 AQ The Rack
3 GP Leyline of the Void

Not the greatest deck, but I mean it's the best MBC I've seen so far and it's pretty fun.
Lord_tiamat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do Not need 23 lands, its mono color 21 should work fine.
Also where are the sudden shocks, they are much better then tentrels, also i'd run snow lands so you can mouth or scrying. But other than that you are missing the rack in main deck, why not run creatures? like Rav Rats, or anything with shadow?
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_tiamat wrote:
Also where are the sudden shocks, they are much better then tentrels, also i'd run snow lands so you can mouth or scrying. But other than that you are missing the rack in main deck, why not run creatures? like Rav Rats, or anything with shadow?

Because all that stuff would make the deck suck, I'm going for not sucking.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ith- wrote:
Gauntlet of Power?

Not really, i'm just telling you guys this list doesn't suck. Do whatever you want to it. I'm just tired of the same lame MBC decks all the time so I tried to do better. It's better, but MBC is only going to be so good not teir 1.
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are saying that snow lands in a mono colored deck suck? ok....
Spooge

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we have a perfect example of a pretencious cock sucker who posts a sht deck doesnt take advice and doesnt know wtf he is talking about congrats nah holmes
Thorns

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should play The Rack maindeck and at least sideboard some Sudden Deaths. And you'll need at least one creature maindeck, Stronghold Overseer makes a good win condition...
TheFatOne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude we all come here to get better at the game, and if you arent going to listen to what people have to say, then you arent going to get better.
Spyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

soul spike is average imo
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i rly think that creatures would make this hot, cough cough plague sliver and Skelvamp
Circa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been on teams with NahHolmes, and he is a really good player.

Which makes me wonder if this is a joke or not.

=/

But I'm willing to try it out if he honestly thinks it's good.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: that list sucks, this one is better... Reply with quote

the deck you posted isnt MBC, it has smallpox in it... That goes against what traditional mbc is supposed to do.

This is older school (oddy block ish) style mbc...

SB: 1 Wit's End
SB: 4 Withered Wretch
SB: 3 Deathmark
SB: 3 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 4 Nightmare Void
2 Dreadship Reef
3 Molten Slagheap
20 Swamp
4 Phyrexian Totem
1 Stronghold Overseer
3 Soul Spike
4 Phyrexian Arena
1 Avatar of Woe
2 Gauntlet of Power
4 Persecute
1 Helldozer
3 Darkblast
4 Cruel Edict
3 Consume Spirit
4 Diabolic Tutor
1 Mirari

its rough but it is certainly more structured than the version already posted. I do like cloister though and i would probably try to add it to the s/b. The posted deck has the amazing combo of kill my own lands then play spells geared to having alot of lands out...but its not tron so i dont get it
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circa- wrote:
Well, I have been on teams with NahHolmes, and he is a really good player.

Which makes me wonder if this is a joke or not.

=/

But I'm willing to try it out if he honestly thinks it's good.

Yeah I said it doesn't suck, I didn't say it was great, it's inbetween not sucking and being great. I don't think MonoBlack has what it takes to be teir 1 with the cards it is given but I've tested this deck and it's fun and pulls off more wins then you would expect from looking at it. Now that I'm being called a know-nothing cocksucker all let me send something back.

Lord_tiamat wrote:

Well 21 lands in a control deck where you want to drop a land every turn sounds like a good idea but I'ma have to pass seeing as how 2/3 losses come from keeping a 2 land hand and not getting to land #3 to drop an Arena or Totem ASAP. Why Snow? I mean I see what you are saying but I mean I have about 19 cards that can kill creatures so don't need Mouth and Non-Black lands that don't drop 2/2's kinda suck. Why not run Rats? Because they suck. Why not run the beast shadow guy? There's not room and once I get to 6 mana I should be in control anyways. Not to mention he's gonna bend at the waist for any deck with significant creature control.

ant900 wrote:
you are saying that snow lands in a mono colored deck suck? ok....
No I think they are cool. I ran all snowlands in my legacy burn deck for a while +50 style points. Just the part where you try to take advantage of them being snowlands is where they might suck. Now that I think about it though it might be cool to fit Ironfoot in the side for aggro but I'll have to look into that forreal the sideboard is the weakest link of the deck if you guys want to change anything start there. Scrying Sheets /= Arena or Bottle so if I was gonna add Sheets I'd just add another Bottle.

spooge wrote:
Here we have a perfect example of a pretencious cock sucker who posts a sht deck doesnt take advice and doesnt know wtf he is talking about congrats nah holmes

Whatever dude, seriously this is the last place I would come for deck advice. M-L is for playing not for serious deckbuilding discussion, everyone knows this. PS. You are named after what comes out a dick, you want me to take you seriously?

TheFatOne wrote:
Dude we all come here to get better at the game, and if you arent going to listen to what people have to say, then you arent going to get better.

I've been playing since Revised, I'm as good as I'm planning on getting.

[quote="P_P4E"] the deck you posted isnt MBC, it has smallpox in it... That goes against what traditional mbc is supposed to do. [/qoute]
Kill creatues and make them discard?
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Stinky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been like 3 MBC forums in the last week. Read one. It says the same shit over and over again.

Snow lands are good because they don't cost you anything, and you can scrying sheets for them. Gives you something to do on all those turns you have mana open at the end of their turn. And it doesn't hurt anything.

Gauntlet of Power + Consume Spirit is a very useful combo in monoblack believe it or not. 7 swamps + a gauntlet = consume for 12. That's a game breaking spell, when you can drain an opp for 12 in 1 turn. Also, Gauntlet would allow you to run more expensive win conditions.

I would splash green, since mono black has no access to mass removal. Green gives you plague boiler and access to a powerful spot removal spell, Putrefy.

You need 4x arena in here. You also probably need more life gain since your gonna be running arena. I would suggest Consume Spirit and Tendrils of Agony?

Ever since Ambition's Cost was removed from T2, this like most other decks without blue, lacks a solid way to draw cards. Arena is only 1 card, and permanent. This deck needs a way to sift through 2-4 cards in one spell. I'm sure scrying sheets would help, but ultimately, only way to really get the card advantage you would need is through blue.

Black has plenty removal available. Make sure you keep it versatile. You wanna be able to do more with your removal than just get rid of creatures. Putrefy can get rid of artifacts too. Plague Boiler can remove enchantments and artifacts. Cruel Edict removes the creatures you can't target. Sudden Death removes a creature without a response (martyr of sands). Just make sure you keep your removal package plenty varied for different situations.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3