Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mono green beats. need advice

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: mono green beats. need advice Reply with quote

4 giant sulfuge
4 orhan viper
4 fist of iron wood
4 privileged position
4 birds of paradise
4 blanchwood armor
4 moldervine cloak
4 llanowar elves
4 yavimaya enchantress
1 wood elves
23 forest

S.B.
4 recollect
4 avoid fate
4 loaming shamin
3 tormods crypt

ok so a typicly game plays out like this. i get orhan viper or the enchantress or some other big dude, and i pump for a whole bunch with my enchantments. then i play fists of ironwood and swing with a creature around a 7/7 to about a 14/14.

my big weakness here is controll. thats why i am main bording the position. the recall is in my side for when the boomerang a creature with a whole bunch of enchantments on him.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummmm. i like your suggestions. i don't think that a defender like the caratyd would be a good pick, but silhana ledgewalker is an awsome segestion that. i will put them in right away along with call of the herd
rafaruggi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you should use Might of Oaks or Stonewood Invocation, i would use Giant Growth over Moldervine, because you have to kill the FASTEST as possible. Just a single lock or 2 wraths are gg. The Rack is really difficult to deal too. Silhana Ledgewalker is possible one of the best creatures for this deck. Might of Oak it, Stonewood It, Giant Growth it, or Blanchwood it, and it'll be GREAT in any of this situations. Priviledged Position is not thaaat good, will only be a good card against Rakdos (or Boros/Black Boros) and even against these decks, will be too late when it resolves.
Solifuge is good. Fists of Ironwood is a good filler in GW Glare-decks, but i think it should'nt be used by you.
Enchantress is BAD. At least, if you take fists from your deck. It will be blocked by that little 1/1 token from your enemy's Vitu-Ghazi's, etc...
Well, concluding. I think you should concentrate to kill the fastest as POSSIBLE.

About your side, i think recollect seems a bit lost, i would take 4, put 1 more Tormods (Solar Pox and Solar Flare play a lot. And at least you'll only see that akroma a bit later than in turn 4 Smile ) The other 3 cards i dont have any idea now.

Ah, Just My Opinions xD
fattyxp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mono green beats, which took 11th at Wash. state champs runs:

4 Ledgewalkers
3 Solifuge
4 Lanaowar Elves
3 Boreal druids
4 Yavimaya Dryads
4 Skaragan Pit Skulks. These are just omg awsome. With power less than it, BRILLIANT!
3 Unyaro Bees (great for when you don't draw pump)
4 Stonewood Invocation (OMFG DIRTY)
4 Might of old Krosa (swinging for 9 with a skulk second turn is nice)
2 Giant Growth
2 Warhammer
2 Pendalhaven

SB:
3 Defence grid. Go to hell control.
3 Avoid Fate. Screw you Faiths Fetters
3 Tormods Crypt. Why don't you go burn yourself Solar.
3 Krosan Grip. I don't think this needs explaining.
3 Whirling Dirvish. Go to hell 80% of creature removal in t2.

I only got 11th because of top decking lands against Zoo, which was my second loss. First was to Dragonstorm. The draw would have proabably still won against anything other than another fast aggro deck.

I continually was the first person to stand up round after round. Matches lasted me 15-20 minutes the entire day. This deck wins turn 4-6 nearly every game.

Definatly take out the birds. You are mono green. Lanowars and Boreals are great 12 cent replacements for a $12 card, and have an attack power. And they are elves. People hate losing to elves. But if you keep all the enchantment pump then I suppose they are ok.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pit skulls!!!! OMG that is a great idea. with blanch wood armor that would probably be game within two or three hits. but the unyaro bees not so much, they cost three and useless when you are out of mana and the shock on there turn. and finally the birds of paradise. they are staying in. manly because thay are so versitile. they can easyly be pumped for blockers, or if they pull out tefri's moat they can turn into offence.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so here is the new build with all of the suggestions
4 orhan viper
4 fist of iron wood
4 pit skull
4 silana ledge walker
4 blanchwood armor
4 moldervine cloak
4 llanowar elves
4 anceint silver back
1 birds of paradise
20 snow-covered forrest
3 mouth of ronam

the new editions. going snow has no downside and a reasonable up side. the mouth can take out a blocker. the silver back can get real mean when some trys to take it out, there is not alot of destroy effects that say it can't be regenerated (only wrath and putrify.) silana ledgewaker and the pit skull are no brainers
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unyaro Bees gets through Moat too....although who really runs that card anyways?

The one Wood Elves should be a Yavimaya Dryad.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who runs moat? any good u/w controll player. everybody runs moat. in my u/w/g controll deck i have totally locked people down with moat. i wins games bud
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ment to say "it wins games"
gumonshoe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peiare17g wrote:
ok so here is the new build with all of the suggestions
4 orhan viper
4 fist of iron wood
4 pit skull
4 silana ledge walker
4 blanchwood armor
4 moldervine cloak
4 llanowar elves
4 anceint silver back
1 birds of paradise
20 snow-covered forrest
3 mouth of ronam

the new editions. going snow has no downside and a reasonable up side. the mouth can take out a blocker. the silver back can get real mean when some trys to take it out, there is not alot of destroy effects that say it can't be regenerated (only wrath and putrify.) silana ledgewaker and the pit skull are no brainers

just a question
dont you need red for pits and you only run one bird...
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a simple way to get around the card called fortune thief. lure.
i am glad you brought up the theif because i would have never thought of it. but yah i think lure gets around it. if i were to cast it on llanawar elves i could trade my alright card for there awsome card along with getting my creatures through.
oh and this deck in not turning into a R/G deck no offence to red but this is really a mono green deck that gets real mean with the enchantments. that is the purpose of this deck
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just relized that. but there is a t2 card that does the same thing and is a little better it is rimehorn aurochs.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude seresly fists of iron wood is a good card. put that baby on a viper or some other big ass creature you just laugh. and don't fool your self you are not a good player, because you would see how well fists of iron wood works in this deck. or you would have play tested it and seen how good of a card it is.
Peiare17g

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the thing with allasourus rider is that you only play 22 land so it is only going to get to a 6/6 or 7/7 witch might seem big but you spent 2 cards to get i out probalby so if they mortify or condemn or faiths fetters you have spent 3 cards and they spent 1. not good for card advantage
fattyxp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a Gruul theme, its MONO GREEN. Vipers are friggin' awesome. Destroy effects and card draw in mono green... hmm omg that card sucks.... =-/
The pit skulk is one green, not to be confused with the Scab Clan mauler, which is a creature zoo runs.

Boreal centaur sucks for this deck. Ronom us nice, but it slows you down a LOT. You should NOT need to destroy a creature so bad as to spend that much mana on it. You should have won by now and if you need the mouth you probably aren't going to win and you need to scoop. The thing with mono green aggro is if you haven't won by your 7th turn, most likely you aren't going to win. The bees are a great alternative to mouth, and get rid of the one creature this deck will have problems with... fortune theif. But hell, nobody but a rogue deck would run him.

Rider is also 100% useless in this deck. It gets rid of WAY to many cards and has no protection against every form of removal. Trust me, I did extensive testing and he sucks for this deck. And... you should only be running 20 land in this deck. MAXIMUM. You have so much mana accelleration you don't need so many lands and it opens up spaces for pump or creatures. It also gives you a slightly better chance at having higher quality draws later in the game.

Scrying sheets, once again too slow for this deck. You should be spending every last bit of your mana every turn and therefore this land is useless.

If you are only going to run Oaks run Stonewood Invocation instead. It is SOOOOO much better of a card. Can't be countered, and the creature can't be bounced back afterwards like with might. Its 2 points less, but its much better.

Sophisticates are nice in the current "omfg DUALS" metagame that we are in, and if you run them with dryads and like two duals, you can give your opponent a dual and get forestwalk and the nonbasic walk. (assuming they aren't playing non-basics)

And yes, fuck moat. You are NOT going get out Moat before I kill you.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2