Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Richards aka "Kramer" Racist Tirade

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UomfLKQr57U

Last edited by Laplie on Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
aldaryn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Kramer alive 50 years ago? .... Racism is just stupid. I just made a shift for grad school to a much more diverse campus, and I like it. Every race has something to offer, and it makes for a great culture when we melt together.
MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know but hes not that racist.

Ive met my great-grandmother, who owns garages/houses. in fulton, kentucky. And she has all blacks working for her. She seriously talks about them when they are standing next to her as if they werent there, says stuff like wasnt that a nice young nigger. And makes really racist comments.

This is the same lady who bought the house next to her when the residents died just so that black people couldn't buy it

Then again she was raised hating blacks. Personally I dont see a reason to be racist. Im more of a I hate Everybody kind of guy myself.
Quantumdemon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

First of all, I'd do the same. If someone disrespecting me, I'm going to disrespect them. He went for the guy's throat. I live in a mostly black area, where they call each other that, I call them that, and I've said nigger a bunch of times. I've heard white people say it, black people say it, mexican, asian, fillipino, I could care less about him saying the "n word" that everybody says. It's NOT racist to say that word. However, hanging the guy 50 years ago bit was over the top and stupid. But the rest of it I agree with, if a guy's disrespecting and interrupting me, I'll say whatever the hell comes to mind at the minute.

Speaking of which, youtube had a couple of other movies of Jamie Kennedy and Bill hicks ripping into hecklers, Bill Hicks went even more crazy. lol
coolcreep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to point out that the black guy being called nigger did the exact same thing. He was offended so he started calling him a cracker. If someone is being rude, why not be rude back? I think he went overboard, but is our society really that afraid of the "n word"? When Richards saw how offended the guy was he should of said something like "dont like that do ya? No? then shut the **** up!", but that guy shouldn't have been interrupting.
iKe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's obvious he was pissed off but he did react like a dumbass. But guess what noone heard anything about him until this and he ot himself on david letterman. Perhaps he did this for publicity
sui_slush

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was just a stupid move on his part. He could have said something like "If you dont like the show then get the fuck out." Instead of yelling the word nigger over and over like there isn't going to be repercussions.
Stinky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for the guys throat was not the right thing to do. He doesn't even know the guy, but he knows calling him a "nigger" will aggrivate him because millions of black people died and lived horrible lives as a result of the slave trade. It is not the word that aggravates people. It is the hate that is behind it. Black people do not help the stigma of he N word by overusing it in alot of rap and urban culture. This confuses the issue and makes some white people feel as though they should be entitled to say it. The fact remains that no one should say nigger, because white people used to call black people nigger when they worked in the fields all day and were treated as mules or property. As long as people use the word it will still be a source of tension between races. Keep in mind that the Civil Rights Movement was only 50 years ago. Racism is still a part of America, especially in the south/midwest.

The whole idea that white people are superior to black people is absurd. Everyone is different, and it is retarded to place more value on one person's life than another.

For a public figure like Micheal Richards to go on stage and publicly make racist comments is dissappointing. The only way for racism to go away is to teach our children not to view the color of people's skin as something to judge people by. To refer to the oppression of an entire race as a good thing is incredibly ignorant and completely erases any respect I had for Michael Richards.

Last edited by Stinky on Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blah234

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea everyone knows I'm black and I could care less if someone says nigger. I think Richards was just pissed. It like when you're trying to say something and you keep getting interrupted. That pisses you off greatly and he didn't want to jump in after the guy but I know he wanted the guy to feel bad for repeatedly heckling him so he said the thing that offended most black people (I say most because it doesn't offend me). The lynching part I don't really care either.

I saw some of the most offensive stuff to my asian friends and white friends but mostly joking and he was saying that becaue he got pissed to the point where he really really wanted the guy to feel bad and leave. He knows just saying "hey stfu" won't make the guy leave so he has to offend him to make him leave.

I remember when I used to get really angry I was thinking of the most offensive shit to say. I have so many offensive things to say about Dutch people Razz

Hi nico!
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my honest opinion, punishments should be equal. For example:
You steal someones car, you have to give them it back and a new one.
You rape someone, you take it up the ass.
You kill someone, Death Penalty.

You call some a nigger, they call you a cracker. The end.
Stinky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you didn't do it. But it happened. Using the word makes it seem as though you don't care or even approve that it happened. In a society with so much tension around so many different issues, race is one that requires some amount of sensitivity, which I guess alot of people resent. The fact is slavery deprived generations of black people of proper education and self respect, and that has integrated itself into many parts of the culture, even today.

The Aztecs, my ancestors, had their capital city invaded by the spaniards, all their men were slaughtered in battle, and their females raped. It really sucks to thing about things like that happening. Imagine if another country/planet came in with better weapons, killed all the men who fought against them, and raped all the women.

Even if you didn't participate in the acts of oppression, to disrespect them by using lightning rod words like nigger, is insensitive to the people who suffered and will offend alot of people.

It's a mature topic and little kids will often say the words that bring attention to themselves and give them power, just because they can.
Shagrath

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: KRAMERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Reply with quote

I <3 Kramer xD
Stinky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvish God- Making racism a joke takes away it's power to you and the people in on the joke. But not everyone shares the same sense of humor. Alot of people find it disrespectful to use deragatory words, be it nigger or cracker, in any sort of humor. No one was condoning the use of either word. Cracker represents alot of hatred and frustration towards white people and shouldn't be used either, as it is also disrespectful.

You seem really young, so maybe as you grow older, you will realize that other people view the world differently from you. It shouldn't be about making something a joke that most people can laugh at, because there will always be people that it offends. Do those people's opinion not matter? Or do you already know that they don't really care and they are just trying to "Get their way".

One of the stupidest things I have ever read on a forum is "I DON'T care that slavery happened". Things like that can be forgiven, but should never be forgotten. It was a horrible thing and you should manage a little bit of respect for the people who were sold away from their families, Worked from sunrise to sunset, and beaten into obedience until they died from disease or starvation. If they were lucky maybe they would live 40 years. You sit here and claim that you have learned from the experience, yet you didn't even experience it. You feel as though symbols from those experiences like the word nigger should be turned into a joke? Alot of people would find that disrespectful.

Assuming you know what black people think when they complain about the use of the word nigger is a generalization in itself. You can never know what a person is thinking about unless they tell you. I'm not sure where you live but I've seen alot of people use the word nigger as a reference to inferior, should be enslaved, wish you were lynched, black person (see michael richards).

When your growing up, you think you know everything. But regardless of wether you like someone or not, in the real world, you should respect everyone, and the use of nigger, cracker or any other racial slur is disrespectful. Even in a joke. Even if people who are being mocked laugh. They are still being disrespected, and people should be more mature than that. Which of course isn't to say they will be.

Maybe we can discuss this more when you get a job Elvish God. Then you can talk to you coworkers about how the only way to solve racism is to make the word nigger funny.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know what? he snaped, just like that reacted terribly to the issue, now we know that racism is bad, and what he did like i said " terrible" but we can't go cry saying he said nigger, or he said cracker, or she said chink.

now EG stfu with this all you've done is make this worst, Stinky i agree with you, and all in all, we wait for the apologie and boo's on late night
MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both races should be ashamed of the slave trade, if anyone is to be ashamed at all. Seriously IMO its old news

Black people were the ones selling us the black slaves on the shores of Africa for mollases(spelling?) and rum. Europeans couldnt venture into the continent to get slaves due to disease etc.

Overall racism is just an excuse.

One of my best friends is black, seriously I have no problems with him

Then there is a black kid who just likes to piss me off, you say something and he freaks out and is all cussing and using nigger and cracker.

Then again I know white people like that too

Whatever but this whole racism issue is retarted.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4