Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PS3 Experiences

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

PS3 Worth it?
Nope
83%
 83%  [ 25 ]
OF COURSE
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

Blah234

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone was quoted in the newspaper:

40% of the people on those lines are straight-up losers

40% are entrepreneurs - They sell their place in line (1 guy made $1000 by selling his place 3 times) and/or they buy the PS3 for like $500 or whatever it costs, then sell it for $3000 on eBay.

The last 20% just stumbled by.

I'm not sure about the last part because I basically think everyone there are basically losers or entrepreneurs. Mostly losers though.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

I think they have a good idea as to what you morons should do
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2nd realize that the PS# fails in comparison to the x-bow 360 and Nintendo Wii

actually no....
ps3 > xbox 360

xbox 360 is even a stupider buy then PS3.
Nintendo Wii will be better play, but the PS3 will have better rpgs, better graphix, and overall by high definition.

I'd say if your gonna get a system this year, get Wii, if you wanna wait a year, get ps3. If you wanna smash some of microsoft's garbage, get Xbox 360

Guitar Hero IS RETARDED
Stinky

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 360 is currently going on amazon for around 100 bucks. With quality titles like Gears of War and Dead Rising already available, and Halo 3 to be released next year, it's DEFINITELY a bargain.

Nintendo is taking a big risk with this nunchaku controller. The rewards could be tremendous, but it could also be a huge flop. Having to wave your hand to move swords or shoot guns could be very annoying if executed poorly. Making the game more interactive is not necessarily a good thing if they don't have the gameplay to back it up. Nintendo admits that the graphics will not be as advanced as 360 or PS3. I have faith that nintendo will pull off the Wii and bring consoles to a new level in this generation, but lets not get all over nintendo's nuts before the Wii has established itself as consistently BETTER than regular console gaming, as it is going to have to not only match, but surpass regular console gaming to experience any real success.

PS3's hardware is better than 360. Period. They will have already established, popular series releasing new installments on the PS3. With that in mind, you better be blowing all the other systems out of the fucking water if you are charging $599 a system, ($699 for the deluxe/good version). With 360s easily available from $100-$350 just about anywhere, there is no way that the PS3 is worth it. The Xbox has plenty of good games for much less money, an already active live fan base, and doesn't seem to be very far behind the PS3 in graphics or gameplay.

If the Wii delivers on gameplay though, as we're all hoping it will, neither the 360 or PS3 will really be able to challenge it.
jmanh2ko

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a percentage for you

100% of me will just buy ram and a new video cards and get to play games that are better than the ones on console. and i can use leet haxxorz to download an emulator.

0% of me waited in line for 4 days to spend 500 dollars.

plus the wii will be better...consider a blessing you never got to buy one.
ninjew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% of me preordered the PS3 from EB weeks ago. Didnt wait in a line for the preorder.

100% of me picked up my guaranteed PS3 this morning.

100% of me has been enjoying hte hell out of Call of Duty and Resistance all of today
ant900

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yeah, our circuit city got 6 (all 60) and me and my friend lined up on wed. at 5 pm, line filled up at 7 that night Razz. We had a lot of fun camping out even after the first nights rain storm and freezing cold weather. I sold my spot to some dude who works at the store, and my friend ended up getting his ps3 (working perfectly so far) at 8 in the morn. I dont know, I think skipping school was worth it.
Paellin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony needs to drop the PS3's price in the next half-year or the entire project will flop. A PS3 soled $25000 on Ebay wft?
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony's fucking genious

they've already made over a billion on American sales alone.
fact is, no matter the price, people still will buy that system so help them
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nico wrote:
Reportedly Sony is losing $300 on every system sold, so they better release some kick ass games and have stable system because this can just as easily kill their own games division.

i thought it was $400?

anyways sony purposely made a shortage like this, it is called supply & demand Razz
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what you do, you wait 2 years then buy it
Craze

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Xbox360 has that will own PS3 games for a long time, F.E.A.R and Halo 3

Both which will be on the PC. Funny thing about Xbox is it has maybe 1 good game per system and that can be of course played on the comp.

PS3 > Xbox

oh and htf would FF13 kill itself? FF series > you
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with craze, they will be made PC games, want to know why? Guess who made Xbox, non other then Microsoft, so your in short, xbox buyers are wasting money on a fucking computer, and not a gaming consol
dv8r

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love ff, but I am very worried about the new one, I hope sony prove me wrong, as for the cost of this console, microsoft learnt from last time and basically did everything sony did with the ps2 and better pre-release (publicity, profittability and getting the thing out early at a reasonable price with a few high quality titles), sony messed up big, I am praying this won't hurt them like it did nintendo and sega, as I'm not looking forward to an ms dominated console marketplace
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just shows how stupid you can be EG...

FF7 - fucking best game ever made. period.

FF8 - am I the only one who likes this? I consider it not just one of the best FFs but also one of the best games. Fucking awsome storyline and characters. The magic system was ehh, but the fighting was cool. And c'mon best scene of all time: Squall's running from the gaint robo spider and Quintes fucking owns it with a 50 cal. GFG.

FF9 - some consider this second best to FF7.

FF10 - Blitzball alone should have its own game. Characters rocked, Aeons were good. And the storyline has the best ending even compared to FF7.

FF10 2 - gay as fuck.

FF11 - massive addictions. I hated this game, but not many others did. It had more players in the first 5 months then WoW or Everquest2. Sorry, kids but the statistics say this rocks the house.

FF12 - Just bought. The fighting system rocks hard and I have yet to hear a bad thing about it.

FF13 - looks very good.

EG, you take your horrid opinion and shove it up your ass. Final Fantasy rocks all.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3