Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happens when hippies breed...

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Do you belive in some kind of a god?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 13 ]
I dunno
14%
 14%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 34

Craze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: What happens when hippies breed... Reply with quote

http://www.freethinkingteens.com/

Some people just need to die, everyone who started that site are a few of em...

nuff said
CHRONICBL

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they need to die, yet you just gave them free advertising? your a pro
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHRONICBL wrote:
they need to die, yet you just gave them free advertising? your a pro

I insulted the site. thats not advertising thats BAD publicity
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might be a little "extreme" but they aren't as crazy as people who believe in fairy tales (Adam and Eve for instance).
Craze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate hippies and more importently I hate anti-religious bastards

I mean, I am in no way christian but a organization that assumes to fight christianity. And saying gay crap like how teens should run the world....

can no one see this was made by a 12 year old with way too much time on his hands???

And I'm fucking 17 not 12 so don't try that "You wrote it!!" shit
Colossus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craze wrote:

And I'm fucking 17 not 12

you sure fooled me.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with this site?
Craze you are just another fucking moron fooled into hating people like hippies and do nothing agnostics while the people who taught you to hate them run a fucking train on your future rights and way of life. Good job moron.
Pyrofire14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Religion, in moderation, is a guide to living a good life. Since morality is essentially derived from religion, by being an atheist you deprive yourself of any sort of guideline with which you can compare what you do to established right and wrong. Also, if a God or Gods does/do exist, then by proclaiming your atheism you only harm yourself, whereas by at least accepting religion and following its rules you only help yourself. Think about it - as long as you don't take any religion to an extreme, what it provides you (rules, hope, happiness) are only positive things, and if there IS an afterlife of some sort, you'll be much better off than those kids who made and visit that website. I think the banner says it all - for teens and by teens. Made by free thinking geniuses for free thinking geniuses. I think something amusing to do would be to get the names of as many people from that site as possible and get in contact with them in 20, 30 years, just to show them how stupid they were at this age. I just can't believe that teenagers think they have the answers to everything. I bet 99% of the people on that site have never even read the Torah, Bible, and Koran, and yet they argue against them. Any intelligent person can tell you that the more you learn, the more you realize how much you still don't know. But these kids have everything figured out. Bravo. Bravo...
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't see anything wrong with this site. Have some questions though....

1. Craze, do you have a family? Do you spend any time with them?

2. When not on the internet spouting nonsense? What do you do?

3. Do you know any physical peoples?

4. What happened in your life to make you think that you are so much better than all of the people you put down on a regular basis? You sound like someone who watches a lot of south park but take it literally and don't realize its a satire.

My suggestion to you is to take turn off your t.v. week to heart and instead apply it to your computer. Read a book. Go out and meet some people. Travel to some place other than Indiana and get a little culture. It will do wonders for your 13 yr. old angst and judgemental attitude.
Domine

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are teen therefore stupid but they think they know everything.

i'm a catholic myself, i'm religious (i mean i go to church every sunday) and i firmly bealive in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

i dislike the common: fuck the church and the government don't be lambs! statements, they are highly inmature and usually made by not-informed ppl.
Pyrofire14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardDWade wrote:
Read a book

That is a lot to ask of someone.
Pyrofire14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Metallica_ wrote:
i'm a catholic myself, i'm religious (i mean i go to church every sunday) and i firmly bealive in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

I don't mean this as an insult, but I'm curious, Metallica, what does "being religious" entail to you? Is it just going to church? Is it following all of the moral rules set by one's religion? Is it striving to be a better person? Sincerely asking forgiveness for your wrongs and not repeating them? I'm just wondering what "being religious" means to others, because I know plenty of people who consider themselves religious just because their parents put them into the habit of going to church every Sunday morning.
Pyrofire14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

faraway wrote:
Wow pyrofire you really thought about that one didin't you. what with all the flaming, including myself, i guess whenever the church is invloved, the worst can come out.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean, faraway. It's not something I just thought about, it's something that's come out during debate with the most brilliant man I have ever known. He had just become religious himself, and as most of our discussions are related to politics, we were talking first about America, then about morality, and finally religion in this country and what it means to be truly religious.

By the way, I looked around the site a little bit, and judging by the forums, these people know even less than I expected. I mean, whereas on this site I debated the war in Iraq because I thought it would inform some of you, I won't even attempt to do the same on there, even though they have a thread for it. I just got a good laugh and left.

I mean, as an example, one guy quoted Nietzsche to show the falsehood of Christianity. But ever since Nietzsche was taken out of context, everyone knows the phrase "God is dead", yet no one cares to look at the words following it... "and we have killed him." Bleh, such ignorance just makes my blood boil.

Last edited by Pyrofire14 on Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadowS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread should be locked. Especially before I get tempted to join in. But either way, I don't think religon is a suitable topic in any online community not specifically built for it. Chances are, we got people on every side, and they ain't goin anywhere.
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pyro: "...by being an atheist you deprive yourself of any sort of guideline with which you can compare what you do to established right and wrong".

I don't believe in any God or religion and yet I still have morals and know right from wrong. Just because you don't have faith doesn't mean you are some heathen running around murdering, stealing, and r*ping.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5