Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Snow convered mono blue in t2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
New_wave

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Snow convered mono blue in t2 Reply with quote

I made this mono blue deck based on the red blue deck that came in 3rd? at star cities recent tournament that they had to get ready for states. I would love to get some feed back on it as much as possible.

//NAME: Untitled Deck
4 Rewind
4 Mana Leak
4 Cancel
4 Phyrexian Ironfoot
4 Convolute
4 Coldsteel Heart
22 Snow-Covered Island
4 Tidings
2 Rimefeather Owl
4 Snapback
4 Thieving Magpie
SB: 4 Telepathy
SB: 4 Confiscate
SB: 3 Boomerang
SB: 2 Baleful Stare
SB: 2 Withering Gaze

Anyway, it plays pretty smoothly once you can get 3 or 4 lands played or you can get 2 lands with a coldstel heart played. You basicallly just draw and counter with this deck untill you can either draw into a rimeefether owl or kill your opponent with ironfoots and magpies. Magpies do the most drawing in the game, but tidings does come in handy if you run out of cards. So I think the deck is pretty decent. I only played it against someones glare deck, but I won 2-1 against him. i think its biggesst opponent is any deck that can play alot of damage out early, beacuse it takees about 3 turns to get the draw counter engine in the deck to get working.
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convolute sucks.

4 tidings is too many. Try 2.
LaminateStas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this deck is really pure blue control, then you should at least give whipers of the muse a try. Once you have the mana open, just use it and buyback any time you dont counter the hell out of them. Just a though.
LaminateStas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this deck is really pure blue control, then you should at least give whipers of the muse a try. Once you have the mana open, just use it and buyback any time you dont counter the hell out of them. Just a though.
LaminateStas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metzel_usa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played mono blue about 10 matches going 9-1(i dont count loosing internet connection during trial a loss...when he is at one with a arena out...and im holding a fist of cards, but anyway) I will give you my list and card choices..

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)
// NAME: Untitled Deck

// Lands
16 [CS] Snow-Covered Island
3 [CS] Scrying Sheets - amazing, just amazing
2 [CS] Mouth of Ronom - removal...in blue?!?!
4 [TST] Desert - stops those fast weenies and in 2s or 3s it can be GREAT

// Creatures
2 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir - instant speed blocker and play your fatty EOT not to mention a control killer
2 [TSP] Draining Whelk - sometimes they hardcast Akroma...then scoop soon after..
3 [CS] Rimefeather Owl - I never complain to a 10+/10+ flyer that gets bigger

// Spells
2 [TST] Whispers of the Muse -testing it, so far so good can cantrip in times or just be GREAT card draw
4 [DIS] Spell Snare - what deck doesn't run something that cost 2??
4 [GP] Repeal - fends off weenies and replaces itself
4 [TSP] Think Twice - amazing card draw
3 [9E] Rewind - nice hard counter that is ALMOST free and if you have Teferi out...it is free
4 [RAV] Remand - IMHO best card in type 2 auto 4 of
4 [9E] Mana Leak - thinking of replacing with rune snag, I draw so many cards it seems like rune snag would be much better
3 [TSP] Cancel - hard counter, nuff said

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [CS] Flashfreeze - anything Red/Green(boros,gruul,glare,you get it)
SB: 1 [TSP] Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir(vs control)
SB: 2 [TSP] Academy Ruins(my fav part of deck, + bottle gnomes lets you live vs aggro)
SB: 3 [9E] Bottle Gnomes(read above)
SB: 4 [CS] Phyrexian Ironfoot - aggro, decks worst matchup got better
SB: 2 [9E] Boomerang - anything like Gardening Gloves/Mana ramp bounce to counter lethal demonfire or wurm etc...

It runs great and the only thing that REALLY hurts it is if they resolves 2 x/2+ because you need those repeals or at least 2 deserts to fend it off but this deck has AMAZING late game vs anything. give it a try...I think you will have more success with this.
New_wave

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that alot of people use remand more then convulate. I also saw someone say they thought I had too manny tidings. I personally like the way I made my deck, beacuse I was trying to play cards that would give me the biggest draw of cards per card, and I also wanted convulate more then remand, beacuse I wanted a actual counter and not a hand return card. I am pretty satified with how I built my deck, I might change the sideboard though, and exchange repeal for confiscate. I am just happy with my deck, beacuse I get a pretty good hand elimination with it from my opponents, so I think it works pretty well.
Alex_leut

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New_wave wrote:
I see that alot of people use remand more then convulate. I also saw someone say they thought I had too manny tidings. I personally like the way I made my deck, beacuse I was trying to play cards that would give me the biggest draw of cards per card, and I also wanted convulate more then remand, beacuse I wanted a actual counter and not a hand return card. I am pretty satified with how I built my deck, I might change the sideboard though, and exchange repeal for confiscate. I am just happy with my deck, beacuse I get a pretty good hand elimination with it from my opponents, so I think it works pretty well.

I hope this is a joke, or you don't speak english as a first language, or your 12 any of those would excuse that.
oldnew1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about gigadrowse?
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

convolute is horrible.
tato-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MUSnow just sucks...its a gay deck...draw, go, draw, go...BoOoOring
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the version i am testing and so far it has work out pretty good

Lands: 23
15 Snow-covered island
2 urza's factory
3 mouth of ronom
3 quicksand

Creatures: 4
2 Deep-sea kraken
2 draining whelk

Other spells: 33
4 remand
4 rune snag
4 mana leak
3 cancel
2 rewind
4 compulsive research
4 think twice
4 repeal
4 psionic blast

SB:15
4 phyrexian ironfoot
3 spell snare
3 shadow of doubt
2 trickbind
3 flashfreezes

repeal and psionic blast are just like quicksand and sometimes mouth of ronom to deal with aggro decks, and ironfoot and spell snare are there in sb for the exact same reason

compulsive research still is 1 of the best drawing cards in t2...so why dont use it?..think twice is good just because it has flashback

the counters...well i guess remand, rune snag, mana leak need no explain...3 cancel and 2 rewind? hard counters but i found that 4 of each was to many and i wanted to run both

draining whelk is so amazing he can hard counter something big (at least 4 cc make's him a 5/5!!!), and believe it or not deep-sea kraken is really good because you just suspend him and makes the opponent to think twice before playing a spell (that will get countered anyway Very Happy )

Sb:, ironfoot and spell snare already explained, flashfreezes against gruul and maybe boros to counter some burn...solifuge etc, trickbind and shadow of doubt are just in case dragonstorm gets more popular (even to is not a tier 1 deck but maybe this wont be either)
MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you guys considered splashing black for darkblast. Along with desert it is probably the best anti aggro you can get. Nightmare Void out of sideboard will also help against decks like mono white tron.
h0m3r

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been running this list, works pretty well for me Smile

4 Psionic Blast
15 Snow-Covered Island
3 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
3 Mouth of Ronom
2 Urza's Factory
4 Repeal
4 Think Twice
3 Whispers of the Muse
4 Cancel
4 Spell Snare
4 Remand
4 Mana Leak
2 Ghost Quarter
4 Desert

SB: 2 Deep Sea Kraken
SB: 2 Draining Whelk
SB: 4 Looter il-Kor
SB: 4 Phyrexian Ironfoot
SB: 2 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 1 Whispers of the Muse

what i've been wondering is whether there are any real reasons to run this instead of UW control...?

an additional debate is mana leak vs rune snag
DESTRUCTOR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real reason to run it instead of UW?...well maybe but i dont think there are...the diference is that UW use sacred mesa to win ant this uses a counter (draning whelk) and a new mechanic (suspend) to win hehe...or uses a new dud that againt control is golden (teferi)

but they are almost the same just that they have betther game plan against aggro due to faith's fetthers, wrath and condenm and i think MUC has betther matchup against control bc we pack more counters...but overall i think uw is betther
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2