Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is the creativity?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Berzerker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Where is the creativity? Reply with quote

Ok, so far since Time Spiral was released, I have only seen three pretty dull decks that have been dominating, UW control, RG aggro, and Dragonstorm. I was wondering if anyone has found much success outside these decks. I am not talking like a combo deck that has the potential to beat these decks, I am talking about some major synergy that causes these decks to sweat. For example, a few months ago I played a UGw Curio deck at FNM, the card shop I usually go to has a pretty regular crowd many of whom are not unfamiliar with Top 8ing at states and regionals. Although, I went 2-3, I kept everygame close. I want to know if there are any decks out there that are incredibly fun to play, but not your typical $1,000,000 teir 1 deck.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot: UR Tron

oh and me and Supermidget had one for a little bit. But gave up on it, being as it really had a few key bad matches. We tried remixing it, but the new version got too slow. Sigh.
Thorns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, watch this became a flame war between rogue and netdeckers!

Its up to you to make a deck you like if you don't like tier 1 decks. And I doubt any deck in Standard costs 1 million dollars to build, but I could be wrong...(Yes, i get your point...)
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HPempire wrote:
RG land desturction is cheap, but not too orignial. You shouldn't focus on making a new deck b/c the pros make them and they have so much time to test them, so you know they are good.you might as well play a cheap teir one deck and get amazing with it rather than wasting your time with building a rouge deck. The pros know wut is good and wut isn't

And you might as well watch mtv to see how you should dress. And when in the car, find the most popular radio station to listen to. And when someone tells you what to do, you should just do it without question. Why try anything for yourself? There are tons of people out there to do it for you. Just learn from them and don't bother thinking for yourself; its a waste of time.

But on a side note, I agree. Just 1 month ago, the format was crazy with original decks, good and bad. Now, its just stale control with a splash of aggro. Sad.
Via

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netdeckers are stupid apes. Smile

No really I play only with my own decks. With less success most of the time but with good feeling.
Thorns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Cool sig Richard!
sc4rs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left out monoblack/Bw discard, WW/WWr, Solar Flare, Fungus Fires, Firemane Control, and all sorts of midrange agro, but if you're looking for something even rogue-er that still does OK, you can look at my Gardening Gloves deck in the T2 deck forum...it's much different than anything else in the format and is rather fun to play. Mana accel ftw!
Pete278
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quiet0Boi wrote:
there has been no really good synergy in the last few years except maybe magnivore or greater good decks. it's all some sort of beatdown or control. it's not to say that they are not viable, it just makes for much dullness.

AFFINITY.
Craze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thorns wrote:
Wow, watch this became a flame war between rogue and netdeckers!

Its up to you to make a deck you like if you don't like tier 1 decks. And I doubt any deck in Standard costs 1 million dollars to build, but I could be wrong...(Yes, i get your point...)

hehe....vizion_15

the standard meta has taken an unfortunete twist, its very VERY hard for a new rogue idea to survive.
kilomitro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are many viable deck in the current t2 format. Time Spiral dosnt bring us too many new decks, but rather upgrades new old ones and makes tier 2 decks more viable. ofcourse some decks are better than others but that dosnt mean u cant win with your favorite deck in this format (assuming your deck isnt just plain old horrible).
Doobie_Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creativity dosent win tournys
nasa

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon storm is not dominating anything
Berzerker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who think I simply play magic to win tournements need to realize that I would rather lose and have fun than win with a completely unoriginal deck, thats why I tend to play limited, no one can net deck then.
Ok well I thought of a deck that might be the rogue deck I have been looking for. It is a GWU Dovescape deck. I have absolutely no idea how to make it, but I know the key cards that it needs:

The key cards are:
Dovescape- obviously
Supply/Demand- fetches Dovescape and creates X+2 1/1 flyers
Juniper Order Ranger- to get big with the spells and pump my tokens

Other cards I considered:
Mystic Snake- can counter their creatures if dovescape is out
Overrule- a counterspell as well as mass token maker
Sandsower- you can tap their creatures (not considering this card too much however, I may run 1 at most)

This deck needs mana accell and more counters, Pillar of Paruns might look nice in this since a lot of these spells are multicolored. I would love to see other peoples versions of this deck, I know I am not the first to come up with the concept, and I would like to see what other people put in. I think this deck has potential.

(And for those who think that I am becoming a net decker because I want to see peoples deck have to realize that I just want to take others opinions into consideration)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2