Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magnivore Dead or Alive??

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Can Magnivore Survive
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 31

dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm, you know that what kills vore isn't the itroduction of crypt right? vore can use 20 other kill conditions, the thing that hurts vore is the loss of eye (so only 4 turn 2 bounce) and the introduction of flagstones and terramorphic expanse....
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm.... are you guys stupid or just deliberately trying my patience....

vore the card might be dead with crypt, but there are another 20+ viable kill conditions, from giant solifuge to rimefeather owl

the loss of eye means that you can't get a consistent turn 2 bounce, which matters a hell of a lot

vore doesn't even play meloku atm....
Colossus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:

vore doesn't even play meloku atm....

Vore CAN'T play meloku 'atm' even if it wanted to.

I think it could still be viable, but the loss of eye of nowhere was huge. A good update would probably be less control, more LD, and would probably need an alternate win condition. As mentioned before it just gets wrecked by Crypt. Wretch is also a pain in the ass too.

eh, I Dunno, though with just spectulation, I'd say it will still be around.

Last edited by Colossus on Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rotation is in 11 days, so technically it could
Colossus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dv8r wrote:
rotation is in 11 days, so technically it could

How did I know you were going to come back with that?

If it can still play it why are you bitching about crypt and the loss of eye if it hasn't even happened yet?
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Reading is hard.
Offcourse everybody knows about boomerang. But with 4 copies of boomerang you don't get it on turn 2 all the time, while with 4 boomerang + 4 eye you would have double the chance.
Zangetszu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vore can easily survive alot of people seem to forget the intro of trickbind this is a card that will most definatly keep vore alive you still have the best sorceries and rift bolt is a great card for the vore i can see vore competing very strongly post oct 20th for a long time ......... well until it goes outta print
Dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played vore irl for awhile now and I do belive it has a chance to stay alive post rotation but it does loose quiet a few things ie: genju of the spires, meloku, and eye of nowhere but you now get the turn 3 split second bounce spell and a stormed LD spell which could be fun if people work with it I do belive it will be more tier 2 though.
thinktank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only reason vore is good is it can get that second turn bounce vs control decks before they deploy countershields....now it loses eye which is a pretty big loss, although if another big 2 boucne spell comes along vore should be HUGE especially with gemstone caverns....the reason why vore wins is it goes first....with gemstone caverns u essentially gurantee that bounce...owell...may you rest in your cold dead grave vore...you have cost me too many matches because of your evil jedi mind tricks....for shame..for shame...
WoodSage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's the suspend LD as well... I guess that's underrated, but you can defend it with Mana Leak/Remand if need be, or drop 2 LDs in one turn.
dv8r

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....., why play trickbind, when you can be sure that you will win by playing something else, vore isn't THAT key to the vore deck, just use solifuge or something..... tormod's crypt is kinda irrelevant vs vore, even better side out your vores and laugh at the useless crypts your opponent plays. On a side note, you can bounce and annex flagstones I guess, maybe owling vore (except without owl or vore) is playable?
DRINKALCOHOL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theboomshite wrote:
Does no one realise that there is sothing called boomerang to rplece eye of nowhere................i don't want to know about the cards that kill the deck i wanna know about the cards that help the deck

Onkel420 wrote:
Eye of Nowhere can be replaced by Boomerang. There were quite a few Vore decks that didn't play Boomerang at all, so eight bouncers for 2 mana is not necessary.

:/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing maggie, for a long long long time, and i loved the deck, but after the TS patch came out, and lots and lots of playtesting, after a couple days, i knew it was dead.

that 4 card from eyes, is MAJOR, i didnt run the 2 demolish, instead i ran meloku, and genju. those two cards are also gone.

i tried the new wheel of fortune, and it does add sorceries, and a fresh hand, along w/ 3 lockets of yesterday, to speed up your mana cost, which is also works w/ the wheel, but it's still not enough.

mag is dead forever. and whoever keeps bringing up the boomerangs, do not fully understand mag. it needs the 8 turn 2 bounce. it CANNOT survive w/ 4. plus, using that new split second 3cc bounce, is LAME! TOO SLOW!
Meldethar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Karsten put up an article today talking about what current T2 decks will survive rotation, and he pretty much laid it out for Vore.

Quote:
Even though I have never liked Magnivore as a deck and never will, I must admit that just losing Eye of Nowhere and Boseiju, Who Shelters All is not that bad. After replacing Eye with Boomerang the deck still stands solid. Magnivore might become a tad smaller, but I can live with that. I'm not entirely sure what the impact of losing Boseiju, Who Shelters All is, because I haven't played this deck enough to assess that (I hate the deck so I never play it). It will weaken the deck against control a bit, but I don't think it will be that important. So it's all good? Not entirely. A reprinted card in Time Spiral gives this deck fits: Tormod's Crypt. A zero mana answer to your win condition hurts. But I figured out a way to be ahead of the competition one step. Just keep your trusty Magnivores maindeck, since no one is going to play Tormod's Crypt maindeck. Then for game 2 and 3 my transformal sideboard plan kicks in: you swap out all of your Magnivores and put in Shivan Dragon as alternate win condition that also survives Wildfire. By swapping creatures, your opponent's Tormod's Crypts are turned into dead cards and you can still smash face with a big monster. Ding! Instead of Shivan Dragon, I also considered a crazy suspend card like Deep-Sea Kraken or Greater Gargadon. After all, when you destroy your opponent's lands, he isn't going to do much in his turns, and therefore the wait implied by suspend is not that harsh. But I haven't had enough time to try that out well, so I won't recommend it, but it's an interesting idea to consider. The rest of the sideboard is packed with answers to creature decks, which you otherwise don't stand a chance against.

What is the outlook? The outlook for this deck is just about as good as before, as in, I don't like it, but some people keep on posting good results with it and it doesn't lose much.

So pretty much, Vore won't be as devastating to a lot of decks like it used to be, but it'll still be a big contender.
iKe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theboomshite wrote:
The fact that flagstone was printed sn't gonna make me not play vore because im sure only like 2 decks will be using the flagstones anyway

Any Multicolored deck that plays white will play at least 2 flagstones
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3