Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Green Stumpy with Spiral Cards... Please Comment

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Skellum

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why am i seeing no call of the herd? and you realise sheltering ancient has to have a creature on their side of the table or dies right? why is wall of roots there? this is a stompy deck the wall can't deal damage. and instead of the might of oaks what about that one from ts that gives a creature +5 +5 but has split second
kfcman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drop the ancient
it blows plainly
the split second pump is a good idea
u cud also try yavimaya dryad
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whirling Dervish should be main. Giant Growth > Might of Old Krosa.
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: thank you for your comments Reply with quote

rykds wrote:
Update:
2 Recollect -> 2 Biorhythm

Well you're comments are really great but having Sheltering Ancient in the deck does give a boost in damage... imagine

2nd Turn: Sheltering Ancient
3rd Turn: Moldering Cloak

8/8 Trample... so what if they have a +1/+1 or +2/+2 creature

If they try to stop it or tap it or BLAH!... It dies but SO WHAT!... I have 4 for a reason...

and Stonewood Invocation the uncounterable Might of Oaks is good too but come on... +7/+7 is not +5/+5 even though its uncounterable... but IM REALLY THINKING ABOUT IT!

Better safe than sorry I guess...

Giant Growth and is good too... but REALLY! its not like Might of Old Krosa is a sorcery... it still gives +2/+2, the +4/+4 is a benefit and its REALLY useful...

Here's a better way to get an 8/8 Trampe: Spectral Force. Same mana as ancient + cloak and one less card, and it doesnt die after you attack with it, it just doesnt untap for one turn. And with mana makers on turn 1 and turn 2 you can still cast it on turn 3.

Second, Stonewood Invocation is ridiculously better than Might of Oaks. Not only is it uncounterable but it makes the creature untargetable as well so they cant randomly kill your guy in response to the Invocation. I am playing MGA myself right now, and believe me, Stonewood is much better.
ibengaleri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Lands
2 [TSP] Pendelhaven
20 [TSP] Forest

// Creatures
4 [9E] Llanowar Elves
4 [GP] Dryad Sophisticate
4 [GP] Silhana Ledgewalker
3 [GP] Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
2 [CS] Scryb Ranger
3 [CS] Orhan Viper

// Spells
3 [TSP] Might of Old Krosa
4 [RAV] Moldervine Cloak
4 [9E] Blanchwood Armor
4 [9E]Reclaim
3 [TSP] Stonewood Invocation

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [TSP] Molder
SB: 3 [TSP] Squall Line
SB: 3 [GP] Leyline of Lifeforce?
SB: 3 [TSP] Avoid Fate
SB: 3 [TSP] Spike Feeder

Concetrated on evasion; it was the original intent of the deck. Not only did not Whirling Dervish fit in, it's effect is diminished in this deck becacuse of the enchantments. Call of Herd is a good card, but I'm on the line between adding it in or not. I think Spectral Force just sucks in general. Most of the time you get one swing on turn 5 or 6, and that's it. I think an untargetable pumped Silhana beats that - much quicker and more efficient. Orhan Viper stays for control of the board and draw, and I added Reclaim because the number of cards at your disposal will dwindle with all the removal people are playing. I didn't get to test or anything, but if you really find yourself in a card disadvantage late game, then try goign the snow route, Scrying Sheets, Boreal Druid, Snow Lands, etc.

I was also thinking about these cards, but wasn't really sure of their effectiveness.

Aspect of Mongoose: Pro-protects your creatures Con-once on you can't pump

Unyaro Bess

Some problems to look at:

"The main weakness of the deck is that it rolls over to Wrath of God and spot removal, mainly because of the card disadvantage the creature enchantments and pump spells impose when your creature is destroyed. Solar Flare is unwinnable, except when they mulligan to 1."

Someone also mentioned Teferi's Moat.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1