Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TS Forever Knight (and it begins)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
FusionFire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: TS Forever Knight (and it begins) Reply with quote

// Lands
4 Godless Shrine
2 Caves of Koilos
4 Plains
4 Swamp
4 Terramorphic Expanse
4 Flagstones of Trokair

// Creatures
3 White Shield Crusader
3 Stromgald Crusader
3 Haakon, Stromgald Scourge
4 Paladin en-Vec
2 Cavalry Master
2 Pentarch Paladin
4 Knight of the Holy Nimbus

// Spells
4 Peace of Mind
1 Concerted Effort (Testing this card)
1 Coat of Arms (Testing this card)
3 Cruel Edict
4 Mortify
4 Sudden Death

// Sideboard
SB: 3 Persecute (Mono and Dual color decks will hate this card)
SB: 2 Circle of Protection: Black
SB: 2 Circle of Protection: Red
SB: 3 Castigate
SB: 3 Pull from Eternity (Suspended Cards)
SB: 2 Angels Grace (Combo Decks out there we might see)

Now i realize this is VERY easily destroyed by Withered Wretch and Feldons Cane, and unfortunetly Needle is no longer able to handle this in the new T2. Sudden Death can handle Wretch....but any suggestions for Cane?
Teknolink
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tormod's Crypt
ShaunD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are you not playing the absolute best card in WB... mr. Ghost Council...
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delirium Skeins is in my opinion better then peace of mind
it breaks ur opponent in half and activates ur hakoon
Blah234

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is probably the worst time to think of graveyard decks when 2 of the best graveyard rape cards are back in T2 (Which doesn't have a variety of choices like Extended, Legacy, and Vintage does).

Also if you're gonna make a graveyard deck it might as well be Reanimator. Everyone likes turn 3-4 Akroma in play. You know how hard it is to kill Akroma these days? Most of the spot removal used today, Akroma has protection from. There is Condemn and Repeal (=\) and Wrath but those are only in certain decks. Don't count on that Mortify to touch Akroma Smile
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akroma will see little to no play, because the haste doesn't give it any advantage against Condemn (which should see tons of play), and of the cares mentioned Simic Sky Swallower just simply survives more of them.

Tormod's Crypt will own both these decks and I expect Crypt to be an auto-board card in most decks.
Apos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vermelho wrote:
This is probably the worst time to think of graveyard decks when 2 of the best graveyard rape cards are back in T2 (Which doesn't have a variety of choices like Extended, Legacy, and Vintage does).

Also if you're gonna make a graveyard deck it might as well be Reanimator. Everyone likes turn 3-4 Akroma in play. You know how hard it is to kill Akroma these days? Most of the spot removal used today, Akroma has protection from. There is Condemn and Repeal (=\) and Wrath but those are only in certain decks. Don't count on that Mortify to touch Akroma Smile

the thing with knight is it dont needs the graveyard stuff to win
or to be able to compete
its not like reanimator
every drop besides hakoon (another thing about delirium skeins, peace is often a dead or near dead card when u draw it without a haakon it may help abit vs aggro and especial burn but delerium skeins is much more effective against control decks then peace is against aggro) is good on its own
MrCowFart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u also might want to try Macabre Waltz. It's even very good by itself late game when u have a land in hand it can refill ur hand or just act as a raise dead.
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dont see this deck being able to compete against a much faster, much stronger, and much more resistent to mana screw mono white weenie. Your deck's critters and white weenie's critters are gonna be trading and racing at a similar pace, but white weenie is going to take 0 damage from lands, while you are either going to be spending 3 or more life on lands or finding yourself unable to play some cards. the fact that you only have 2 flyers (and they both require mana to get in the air) means skyhunters, serra avengers, and all sorts of other winged weenies are gonna be bitch slapping you a lot. i might add that peace of mind requires 3 mana and 2 cards to get anything, and while haakon works well with it, if you dont get haakon, your screwed. Skiens might help, but not much. I think white weenie is THE aggro deck for the post rotation scene.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, but this deck is a weenie deck based around virtual card advantage. Removal doesn't hurt nearly that much. White Weenie is just.....White Weenie.

But I do agree with you on one thing. This deck isn't going to be competitive.

Tormod's Crypt, go.

::scoop::
Scott11256

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt this deck rolls to tormod's crypt. It can still play as a strong weenie deck and it can run disenchant in the side to make them use it to early. As long as you understand how to play around graveyard hate this deck can be good. I'm not going to argue whether or not it is going to be very competitive, but you can't say a deck isn't playable in the upcoming type two just because graveyard hate is prevalent.
Apos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
i just dont see this deck being able to compete against a much faster, much stronger, and much more resistent to mana screw mono white weenie. Your deck's critters and white weenie's critters are gonna be trading and racing at a similar pace, but white weenie is going to take 0 damage from lands, while you are either going to be spending 3 or more life on lands or finding yourself unable to play some cards. the fact that you only have 2 flyers (and they both require mana to get in the air) means skyhunters, serra avengers, and all sorts of other winged weenies are gonna be bitch slapping you a lot. i might add that peace of mind requires 3 mana and 2 cards to get anything, and while haakon works well with it, if you dont get haakon, your screwed. Skiens might help, but not much. I think white weenie is THE aggro deck for the post rotation scene.

wrath of god> white winnie
Very Happy
coolcreep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrath of god> almost every aggro deck. this deck definatly doesnt like wrath. Thing is, white weenie has an answer to wrath, its called ghost way. speaking of which, ghostway should go into your sideboard ASAP, to deal with globals (the bane of all weenie decks)
Apos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Craze

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Akroma will see little to no play, because the haste doesn't give it any advantage against Condemn (which should see tons of play), and of the cares mentioned Simic Sky Swallower just simply survives more of them.

yea, cause you know, we'd love life gain removal in a color that has plenty of mass removal.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2