Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Norin the Wary - suggestions?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Aboshien

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Norin the Wary - suggestions? Reply with quote

alright so here's the guy:

Norin the Wary R
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
When a player plays a spell or a creature attacks, remove Norin the Wary from the game. Return it to play under its owner's control at end of turn.
"I have a bad feeling about this."
Illus. Heather Hudson
2/1

now my question for you is what the heck does it do? Am I just missing something or can he not do anything in any situation? Please share any thoughts you may have as right now I just don't get it!
C-Board

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its for cards that have, whenever another creature comes into play effects.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think cloudstone curio is getting better by the minute....or any "come into play" things... maybe?
KeySam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this guy is funny with arena kill all creatures with thoughness two or less as long you can play a spell he wont die lol. No there are several cards that will benefit from such a creature, i can imagine we will se some combo decks with him. The cool thing about him is he cant be killed(ok only hard).
ejv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it says another creature attacks cause if it is this way he can't even attack... and I mean he can't block either.. so what does a creature do if it can't attack or block and can't die... lol I'd play 1 in every red deck though he looks so cool...
Arathomir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can still die, as any static effect that would decrease his toughness would kill him (Such as Night of Souls Betrayal or Engineered plague or a creature haunted by Orzhov Pontiff going to the graveyard). Only reason I see him being a legendary creature is to prevent shenanigans with CIP abilities as well as Cloudstone Curio.
Apos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha this guy is so bad
Colossus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first thoughts are that he's just a trash rare.

But...well, someone will probably find a use for him eventually.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

downout wrote:
its a junk rare, knew it the moment I read the rules text.

and of course some idiots are going to be like, "guys I just got to make a deck around it"

Right, because an idiot is someone who wants to have fun and build interesting decks, opposed to someone who sits here and flames for no reason. Good Call.
MrCowFart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol i don't care if it sucks, I just love the flavor of this guy.
Apos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonicqaz wrote:
downout wrote:
its a junk rare, knew it the moment I read the rules text.

and of course some idiots are going to be like, "guys I just got to make a deck around it"

Right, because an idiot is someone who wants to have fun and build interesting decks, opposed to someone who sits here and flames for no reason. Good Call.

right a guy who trying to buid a deck arround a 2/1 for r that doesnt do anything kinda is INDEED A IDIOT!
Akkedis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Flamers are lame Reply with quote

Guys, chill.

Some people will enjoy the challenge of finding something for our weary little Norin to do. Just because it is beyond your ability doesnt mean those who can do it are idiots. Since they are infact displaying greater creativity and cognitive functions than you, calling them idiots would imply that apos and downout are very stupid indeed...

EDIT: Personally i think norin is really cool. I'll laugh every time i reed the flavour text.
MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that 3R enchantment that does damage equal to a creatures power when it comes into play(i think was timeshifted not positive) and this guy puts your opponent on a clock, idk not really that great butter than nothing.
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok the ultimate combo here is obviously Norin the Wary + Glorious Anthem + Glorious Anthem + Kavu Lair. That's so broken!
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyx wrote:
Ok the ultimate combo here is obviously Norin the Wary + Glorious Anthem + Glorious Anthem + Kavu Lair. That's so broken!

Doesn't work, because Norin comes into play as a 2/1. It becomes a 4/3 after it comes into play, so the Lair doesn't trigger (I would think).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2