Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any uncommons worth building a deck upon?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Slide Razz
Counterbalance Razz
Fires of Yavimaya Cool
Megrim Idea
Standstill Rolling Eyes
Colossus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Psychatog and Tinker are pretty much the cream of the crop when choosing an uncommon to build a deck around.

I mean come on, the best creature ever, and the best sorcery ever. should put them together. Psychatog and Tinker could have amazing kids.

Tinkatog UUB--Most broken card ever. Comes into play, grab a DSC...oh yeah...that would be the best card ever.
MTGFAN911

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe mark rosewater said that tinker was one of the worst designed cards ever.

mostly because he thought all the clunky stuff on transmute artifact was there becaue it had a small cc. so he made it 2U and took teh clunky stuff off, breaking the card.

as for tog, its a brilliant finisher that doesnt go away. Probably the best creature ever hands down.
Eldariel
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scepter has to be up there too when it comes to building around cards, even if it isn't quite as powerful as Tinker or Tog.
Fools

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: fasdfas Reply with quote

phantom nishoba... o wait thats a rare.. o well
Craze

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. Witness Protection Program. This is a g/u control deck that uses the (uncommon) combo of Eternal Witness and Crystal Shard (in case you don't know)

Eternal Witness
1GG
When ~ comes into play, return target card from your g/y to your hand.
2/1

Crystal Shard
U or 3 T: Return target permanent to owner's hand, unless he/she pays 1.

You would counter/bounce anything you can until you get the lock of Eternal Witness/Plow Under going. It's a little slow, but it's fun. With the addition of DIS and CS, you can easily add in Ohran Viper, Voidslime, Coiling Oracle. The deck is fun to play. It does run 12+ counters, so might not be to "casual"

You realize NO ONE called this deck Witness Protection Program.
It was called many things UG Crystal Shard, UG Crystal Witness, etc
but never that...

now just because you actually called it that, you need to shoot yourself.

I really don't know why this bugs me.
Colossus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T2?

Putrefy, Mortify, Vitu-Ghazi, Selesnya Guildmage, Izzet Guildmage...yeah I pretty much ran out of Ideas...
R3wind

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Izzet a burning sensation? Reply with quote

Lightning Helix and Izzet Guildmage. That was a really fun deck. If you have the Grand Arbiter Augustin IV on the board you can copy any spell in the deck. Also you can copy Ancestral Vision for loads of drawing fun. The most fun way to win IMHO is Wee Dragonauts/Psychotic Fury/Izzet Guildmage. The second most fu nway to win is Gelectrode/Izzet Guildmage/Grand Arbiter Augustin IV/Electrolyze.

It is a blast to play vs agro! The deck is now much better thanks to Ancestral Vision and Gemstone mine or cavern.

Izzet a burning sensation?

4 Izzet Guildmage
4 Gelectrode
4 Wee Dragonauts
2 Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
3 Izzet Chronarch
4 Lightning Helix
3 Electrolyze
4 Supply // Demand
4 Psychotic Fury
4 Ancestral Vision
4 Pillar of the Paruns
4 Steam Vents
1 Gemstone Mine
1 Gemstone Cavern
1 Plains
1 Forest
6 Island
6 Mountain
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1