Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U/R Exorcist's Box

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Booya

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: U/R Exorcist's Box Reply with quote

"To those in tune with the Firemind, there is no difference between knowledge and flame."

I really got this quote stuck in my brain. Once I saw the Izzet, I knew that they were the guild for me. Once I decided on building a deck on that quote, I realized you really can meld burn and card advantage into one deck. It uses Phycic Possesion and Tefri Puzzle box to make great abouts of card advantage. I hope I can get some helpful critizism to make it a bit better. Been playing with it awhile and decided to post it:

3 Creatures
3 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

33 Other Spells
4 Teferi's Puzzle Box
2 Spellbook
4 Remand
4 Spiraling Embers
4 Rune Snag
4 Psychic Possession
2 Meishin, the Mind Cage
4 Cerebral Vortex
2 Invoke the Firemind
3 Compulsive Research

24 Lands
4 Izzet Boilerworks
2 Steam Vents
9 Mountain
9 Island

15 Sideboard
SB: 4 Repeal
SB: 3 Oppressive Will
SB: 3 Pyroclasm
SB: 3 Electrolyze
SB: 2 Adamaro, First to Desire
raging_hobo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love the concept. Puzzle box + possession = sweet. Great idea on that at least. You will definitely get wrecked by most everything in existence as the deck stands right now though. It is quite possibly the slowest deck I have ever seen and if you don't get a niv out you cant win. That's not a good thing. Seems like you need some combination of removal and acceleration to go along with this stuff. Electrolyze isn't great removal as it doesnt kill enough heavily played things but it does work. Take the guy above me's advice and pick some of the stuff he's got. Otherwise you'll go squishy real quick.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1