Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newest Time Spiral Previews

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
BattleofWits

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaya is a 2/2. I think these are both very good. Not sure what archtype they will make it in, but def. the best previews so far
Void06

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaya seems pretty nuts to me
Colossus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm suprised they didn't totally screw it up. She's actually a good card that I'm looking foreward to. I would have preferred flavor text to that thrid ability but eh, w/e.

Jaya's a Hottie too. That's always nice to see.
SOAD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Analyze that Jaya is a hottie in all senses.

Look at her power, she is like the cursed scroll we were looking for T2. Yeah i can see it:

4 jaya
4 Seals of fire
4 Mogg Fnatastic
4 Incinerate
4 Char
= GG
Quetzilla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the official preview of Jaya so yeah, she's pretty damn good. And I guarantee the second ability will be more useful than it seems at first glance. I think its also pretty clear that Jaya is a Control card, not an Aggro card. Also, just think of the applications for extended: 2R,T: Circular logic your spell AND burn you/your dude. And don't forget stuff like Basking Rootwalla, or even just lands + Life from the Loam (Good in t2 too!)
GoZu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teferi seems so broken teferi its the best snif Cool u can drop suprise creatures he cant resp omg
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That white angel sucks..it's strictly inferior to leonin skyhunter imho...
But wow that legend in insane Shocked
zebo_88

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say that jaya can be a great resource against mana flood in sligh but it will be one of your weakest points, both in early game and in advanced game...think that it's a easily removable 2/2 body that goes to be a still draw...the avenger has a heavy drawback but i agree to whom said that she's gonna go in WU control decks Crying or Very sad
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avenger will be lucky if its used at all...talk about a crappy weenie. That "can't be played for the first 3 turns" drawback is a bitch that basically ruins the card.

Jaya is insane.
A) It made it if not in your Maindeck, definitly in your board for its incredible ability to kick blue's ass.
B) It pretty much can level all other early forms of creatures too.

The whole easily destroyed thing is a stupid defense...95% of the creatures used are easily destroyed by somthing. And being that red and black are pretty much the only two colors that can smoke this thing...its feaking genious
floodstorm64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since When has a Mike Flores preview not been played?
shmeagz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B/R Jaya+Haakon?!
Just a thought.
Arathomir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People will play the Flores cards because its Flores, even if they are horrible. And, in my opinion, nothing Flores has suggested has been all that great. Flores Blue, Critical Mass, Trashy Enduring Ideal (thats my name for it): all aren't or have been that great. Plus realize that that on the broadcasts he almost always picks the wrong deck to win.

As for the cards, Serra Avenger is not going to really make an impact. Sure it's a 3/3 for WW but you can't play it before turn 4, meaning your opponent could either a) win by that time, or b) drop something that makes your Angel look insignificant.

Jaya, on the other hand, is the best red creature since Arc-Slogger (and probably even further, and yes I miss Slogging to win) and uses the spellshaper ability to the fullest. The fact that you can essentially play either Pyroblast, Incinerate, or Inferno by paying for it, tapping her and throwing a card away, is nuts. I can see her getting play in combination with Grim Lavamancer in Extended, and I guarantee you'll see it in the upcoming season. While the first two abilities will get played the most, the last one can either clear the board (and her, unfortunately) so you can drop your game winner, or just win the game herself.

Anyone see a potential increase in the power of cards in this set and perhaps the reason why the B&R list for this month wasn't released?
Lackeos

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arathomir wrote:
As for the cards, Serra Avenger is not going to really make an impact. Sure it's a 3/3 for WW but you can't play it before turn 4, meaning your opponent could either a) win by that time, or b) drop something that makes your Angel look insignificant.

Anyone see a potential increase in the power of cards in this set and perhaps the reason why the B&R list for this month wasn't released?

Win by turn 4? ... I don't think I'd play Avenger in any formats where people are winning on turn 4. I think the B&R list comes out... on the 30th?

Craze wrote:
The Avenger will be lucky if its used at all...talk about a crappy weenie. That "can't be played for the first 3 turns" drawback is a bitch that basically ruins the card.

... your hand has other cards in it. Play some of them turn 1-3.

Spyx wrote:
That white angel sucks..it's strictly inferior to leonin skyhunter imho...

Do you know what the hell you just said? You just said 2/2 is bigger than 3/3 and vigilance is worse than tapping to attack.
Craze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Craze, theres a very good reason why underneath the whole sux cuz can be destroyed, he put SARCASM. just thought id point that out.

I was reffering to zebo_88 not chromatic

Quote:
Jaya, on the other hand, is the best red creature since Arc-Slogger (and probably even further, and yes I miss Slogging to win)

I could not agree more. Slogger took the format with its ability, litterally putting worry into an oppenent as soon as it hit the board. Jaya may not be a 4/5 stick, but its better ability totally makes up for it and like many you and others have said allows with some interesting combinations including maddness and lavamancer

But I still can't wait to see its impact in T2.
theTJtrooper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The white angel is stupid good, but as expected the concept is way over Craze's head. What would you normally pay for a 3/3 flyer with vig? Probably around 5, so you except to drop one turn 5 or maybe 4. This angel is dropped on turn 4 anyway, and it leaves more mana open during the turn too. It basically costs 2WW and you ge to untap two lands when it comes into play, which is obv good Confused
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4