Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bear vs Shark

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic

Bear vs. Shark
Bear
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
Shark
52%
 52%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 34

authenticsim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Bear vs Shark Reply with quote

If a bear and a shark fought in an environment when both had equal strength (such as shallow water deep enough for the shark to swim in and shallow enough for the bear to wade around in quickly or about up to the bear's waist), who would win? The bear and shark are about equal in size and neither has a huge advantage over the other. Post your opinions here, but give a reason for why either the bear or the shark would win.

I think the shark would win, since he could swim and bite at the bear's legs and prevent him from moving. Unless the bear managed to punch the shark in the face a few times. Then I'd say the bear wins this battle, since sharks don't like getting punched in the face.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bear sees the shark moving in the water (by the moving of the surface) while the shark can't smell the bear through the thick water. now the bear has a first advantage.

you might know that bears aren't slow as it's the common though - they're very fast with their nails ! -
so 1 punch of the bear will knock the shark off and the bear wins - easy
iKe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears are very fast but they in this case the bear would be alot slower since half its body is in water
Vimes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is stupid. If the water is deep enough for a shark, there's absolutely no way a bear could fight well in it. It is impossible here for the environment to not dictate the winner.
ShadowS

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of bear? What kinda shark?
launamleto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go watch the discovery channel and you will see a bunch of lamers building metal replicas of a animals and making them bite shit for what ever reason. then they decide who wins somehow...ya i watched 10 mins of the bear vs shark on...then realized....wtf who pays these ppl?
SirKerrick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Bear Holding a Shark Reply with quote

I think they'd combine powers to become the Bear Holding a Shark. Then they'd be unstoppable, on land or on sea.
As there isn't a bear holding a shark option, I'll have to abstain my vote.
Laplie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
I think the bear sees the shark moving in the water (by the moving of the surface) while the shark can't smell the bear through the thick water.

wrong. Sharks can sense the EM field of their prey. Shark wins easily. The bear has to hit the shark quite a few times while the shark will almost certainly kill on the first/second bite.
iKe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

launamleto wrote:
go watch the discovery channel and you will see a bunch of lamers building metal replicas of a animals and making them bite shit for what ever reason. then they decide who wins somehow...ya i watched 10 mins of the bear vs shark on...then realized....wtf who pays these ppl?

Holy Shit thats crazy!!! What's the show called??? It honestly sounds cool
sui_slush

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bear vs Shark" is one of my all time favorite bands, you should all check them out.
RichardDWade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BEAR.. But that reminds me.. Nick Nolte or Gary Busey?
launamleto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iKe wrote:
launamleto wrote:

Holy Shit thats crazy!!! What's the show called??? It honestly sounds cool

i dont rember, its on once in awhile. they do random shit, like a rhinos vs shit and i dont know ;/
authenticsim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That show sounds kind of funny. I've never even heard of it until just now.
MrCowFart

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most bears are quite familiar and at home in water.

As long as the bear is a polar or grizzly bear it would most likely win in a shallow water circumstance.
launamleto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the show is acutally very bad...they construct a meatl replica of the animals head for no real purpose but for show...then a couple of experts related to the species talk etc etc....ways the animal kills and stuff...then use horrible graphis for a computer genereated simulated30 second fight...and thats the end of the show...then you change it to family guy and lol the night away ;(
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Non-Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2