Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How did you do at regionals? What decks won?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Koen

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:33 am    Post subject: How did you do at regionals? What decks won? Reply with quote

Hi!

Did you play at regionals? In What Regionals did you play? Tell us your results! What did you play? What decks were popular? What decks won?

Thanks.
Sandler

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-2......w/BEachouse.....rnd one i played vs mirror and we went to g3 and i had an arena out and kok in hand... he has 5 lands and a godless shrine in hand....HE rips 2koks off the top and i couldnt find a 6th land,a fetters or 1000 other outs.4 rounds later im 4-1 and i play vs the one owl deck in the room :/.It happens :/.
ilovetitties

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 7-1-1 with bw aggro to make top 8 cut in atlanta regionals only to lose to the most amazing draws from a ghazi-chord. I played the gauntlet duting the day save u/w, and my only other loss was to beach house.
Gerrardfo

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have a deck built before the tournament (except for Heartbeat, which I was dead set on not playing), so I had to borrow a deck from kebe and dboy1 (thanks guys Smile ). They built me Sandler's deck (BWg Control), which I thought was good enough because Sandler was piloting it in NY. Round one I played against Heartbeat and couldn't draw a Castigate for my life game one, and in game two I failed to draw any of my sideboard cards. Round two I fought BW control, but he got the nutdraw game one by Cranial Extracting all of my win conditions and then drawing every Mortify, Descendant of Kiyomaro, Yosei, and Kokusho in his deck. It was a bit over the top when I had to scoop to Debtors' Knell. Game two I screwed up on a Cranial Extraction name (had I named the other card I would've hit two in his hand), and when I had finally destroyed his hand and non-land permanents, he ripped Debtors' Knell off the top. Oy. When I left, kebe was 3-0 with BUW Ideal (he had just owned Yatre's deck in r3), meloku79 was 2-1, and Max Margolis (draco2156) had gone 3-0 so far.
tato-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I made 6-1-1 with B-W Hand-In-Hand, TOP 8 was:
B-W Aggro
Gruul Beats
U-B Aggro
G-U-W Aggro Control
R-U Vore
B-G-W-U Greater Good
R-U Throne
R-U Wildfire Throne

Winner was G-U-W AC, I was top 4...
Streakz

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 8-0 in regionals and then won in top 4 to go 9-0 on the day to win regionals. I played mono blue aggro with all the guildmages counterspells, exhaustion, and gigadrowse. No one saw it coming so I crushed everyone all day.
Void06

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 7-1 in swiss and won in top 8 with tron. It's the best deck in format.
Streakz

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kebe has the list I just gave it to him and I am NOT lying.
Stryfe-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went 5-2-1 with tron, but if i hadent misplayed i would have been 7-1 easily. but i misplayed :/
CloudRisen

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 7-1-1 and got jew'd on tiebreaks and got 9th. I played Heartbeat with Crime/Punishment and a Fatty Sideboard of meloku keiga simic skyswallower and iwamori and was the only Heartbeat player at the top tables. I ended up losing my only game i lost to a scrub who played a terrible ass Goblins deck and lost to my own bad draws. Was stupid too cuz they entire top8 of maryland was pretty much bye match ups for me =(.
DENN1S-

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streakz are you serious I cant imagine it being so good. whats the list then ?
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he is serious, we'll see it at midnight when they post all the decklists on SCG. Just tell us where you played and we'll figure the rest out ourselves.

Or you can spare us the anticipation.
Custode

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went 5-0-1 @nationals-qualifier with URTron (the list I tested here). there were 3 players on the tournament playing tron and all of them were top 5. it's an amazing deck but needs kinda lot of practice and a teched list.
buda

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went 4-0-2 with BW husk, the 2 draw were against my 2 teamtes wich record was 4-0-2 and 5-0-1 but i they lost in the first round of the top 8 and i continue and win the event, i am going to Nationals, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jay

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question... do you have to win the nats qualifiers to qualify? or is it like top 8? i cant remember
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3