Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono red for regionals

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

At regionals are you taking your own deck or a copy/netdeck?
Own
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Copy/Netdeck
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

Limax

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play Zo-ZU, he combo's well with the ghost quarter.
4 jitte seems pretty obv, and so does the fourth char.

btw, with all the duals in the format, I really don't see the point of playing a monocolored deck. your deck seems like a bad gruul deck.
sonicqaz

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonfire is a great finisher against blue, u might want 2 of those.
animefan8714

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegantoad, Please reread Ghost Quarter. It doesn't do anything against heartbeat. Also, as someone previously said, if you're going to play ghost quarter, play Zo-Zu or don't play it as it makes your deck more inconsistant.

-animefan8714
swordfish2

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

animefan8714 wrote:
Vegantoad, Please reread Ghost Quarter. It doesn't do anything against heartbeat. Also, as someone previously said, if you're going to play ghost quarter, play Zo-Zu or don't play it as it makes your deck more inconsistant.

-animefan8714

um did you realize that heartbeat only runs one mountain and one swamp, so if you blow them up they cant go off. Ghost quarter would be amazing in that machup, cause it cant be countered by a counterspell, and can be done at instant speed.

just thought you should know

PWNZORED
sui_slush

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghost Quarter is trash vs heartbeat that plays both red AND black maindeck, which most of them do.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of ghost quarter in a mono-red deck. It helps against decks that play pick-up lands and urza-lands. It's as close to wasteland as we're gonna get for a while. What I don't like is the viashino sandstalkers. seems like a waste of three mana to me. he's good in some matchups, horrible in others. this just isn't the deck for it. i would just go straight burn, but you must realize that the majority of the decks you are going to play are going to have palladin en vec and jitte's in them. it's going to be really hard for you to win. I think you should have a way to deal with jitte main, like hearth kami. I would go with more burn than creatures, then it's harder for jitte to rape you. Maybe play bottled cloister to help keep you fueled because mono-red burn has a tendency to run out of steam.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with zozu, cloister, ghost quarter reasons, feedback sort of
disagree with jade statue, stone rain, ToR/sunder (suggested)

i played a mono red, and it is very fast, you just have to concentrate on killing them quickly... splashing a couple black lands (duals/pains/etc.) isnt bad for rain of gore sideboard b/c life gain is what REALLY hurts you.... i.e./firemane control, etc.... just a thought....
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also if you splash black you can play bob maybe?

vodka
Jay

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they get killed by last gasp, putrefy, mortify, disembowel, char, shock, seal of fire, seal of doom etc..
play solifuge over it
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2