Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help wiht this BGW

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Help wiht this BGW Reply with quote

Hi this is irl deck, i dont want to build a netdeck, i think this deck is original and maybe is good, i won against any build of BW, heartbeat, izettron, grul beats, etc, but i need ur opinion, i cant get the godless shrine, and the tourney is the next sunday, please help

Bob Go Wins

Creatures:
x4 DArk Confidant
x4 Sakura Tribe Elders
x4 Loxodon Hierarch
x4 Birds Of Paradise
x4 Hypnotic Specter
x3 Paladin en-vec
x1 Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni

Other:
x4 Putrefy
x4 Mortify
x3 Umezawa´s Jitte
x2 Sensei´s Divining Top
x2 Persecute (really good)

Lands (21):
x3 Overgrown Tomb
x2 Temple Garden
x2 Caves of Koilos
x2 Svogthos
x1 Llanowar wastes
x1 Shizo, death´s Storehouse
x4 Swamps
x4 Forest
x2 Plains

Sideboard:

x4 Last Gasp
x4 Naturalize
x3 Castigate
x2 Persecute
x1 Ink Eyes
x1 Kodama of the north tree

Any sugestion will be good, thx
Kev
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play last gasp maindeck over putrefy, its better for the tempo you are trying to build

svoghtos is really bad, dont play it. You never have the time to actually animate it

Dont play paladin en-vec if you cant get more W-producing lands. he stretches your mana too much.

moldervine cloak seems decent in your deck
MaksymG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, don't play last gasp over putrefy it is by no means better. I myself have a BGW control that has seldom lost but mine is a slightly different version as i concentrate on end game rather than early tempo advantage and early win. My biggest suggestion here would be to go black white red or black green red instaed of black green white because they are just not the colors to rush with. One of the biggest issues I can see wiht this deck is that hippy is 1bb and paladin is 1ww especially since you say you cannot get godless shrines. I would suggest droppeding one or the other in favor of a dragon or two, also you really dont need birds in there even for ink eyes. This deck doesnt look bad but i doubt it will perform extremly well either. the other thing that i run in my BGW control is arena but u concentrate on early game so Dark Confidant is better and believe me that even if u flit a dragon ur still fine so i would suggest a kokusho or two if you can get them. Run miren the moaning well and some other land in favour of shgthos i can see what you are trying to do but it just wont happen sorry. Anyhow you can trust me, my favourite deck is BGW be it control or rush
Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the tips. Putrefy its better than last gasp in main, ofr many razons, and its my only destroy artifact in main, i love to have mortify and putrefy works fine, about svogthos, works fine in later game against control or something like that, the give me the last 5 damage at least, the birds its cuz i run 2 ink eyes in main, in my latest build, and give me turn 2 hyppies, i have 1 kokusho but i dropped when everybodi plays devouring light, and i dont playing lately, maybe if i can get one more, im going to give a chance..
and about miren, i tested it, but i never get the enough mana to play it right, just in one game about 15 i miren a loxodon, but nothin more, and paladin its good against grul and any BW, and with jitte OMG Smile it rules Smile

that are some of my ideas, im not an expert, but im working on this deck since ravnica go out, so please give me ur opinion

and forgive my bad english Smile
MaksymG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i said what i had to say i can c what ur doing wiht birds and how they help paladin and hippy but i myself still woudlnt run both paladin and hippy

I think u could do well in a casual envirenment not sure how well in a serious type 2 tourney good luck anyhow
Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i take out the hippies, they not survive to piroclasm, if they get out, what do u recomend to get in?
thx
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1