Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

windreaver: next morphling?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Is windreaver good?
OMGZORZ WINDREAVER IS TEH NUTS
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
wow, that card sucks dick
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
tourney playable, but not amazing
52%
 52%  [ 23 ]
wont see play, but not horrible
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 44

Kholdstare

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like it will be nightmare time for whoever is facing against it, but, its deffinantly not as good as morhpling. the way morphling avoided getting hit is much cheaper than windreaver. you have to replay winreaver everytime, and when its in your hand its vulnerable to discard spells. not to mention morphling was 3/3 not 1/3. also, morphlin only needed blue so the it mana consideration is better on morphling. and some of the abilities on morphling could be payed with any mana color.

so no, this is not the next morphling. it looks like a good card though
theTJtrooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the part where Kholdstare was being ignorant Smile

Cool card, nothing too special.
AlexTrebek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best control creature since Tog. Unless there's another awesome u/w creature, he will be the reason u/w becomes competitive in t2/block.
COOLBOY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this guy is less like morphling and more like dragon whelp.
Televator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not as good as Morphling, but definitely close. I think the multicolor aspect is a positive... Morphling basically confined you to mono u whereas with reaver you won't have to use all your islands to use his abilities.
AEonFlux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres my guess, at where its good. obv in counterspell decks.
And writh wrath and final judgement u can just bounce him back to hand

//NAME: Ugw Critical Mass
3 Windreaver
3 Jushi Apprentice
4 Wrath of God
2 Supply//Demand
4 Boomerang
4 Voidslime
4 Hinder
4 Mana Leak
4 Remand
4 Rewind
4 Plains
2 Forest
6 Island
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Breeding Pool
4 Temple Garden
SB: 4 Giant Solifuge
SB: 3 Sacred Ground
SB: 3 Shadow of Doubt
SB: 2 Final Judgment
SB: 2 Threads of Disloyalty
SB: 1 Meloku the Clouded Mirror
Mainard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the current meta and what blue has to control with, windreaver is a great morphling. EoT return reaver, my turn: Wrath of God. even though you must keep paying mana cost to get around any spot removal, but it always has flying and has potential to get bigger than morphling, this will see lots of play.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's very mana intensive, which makes him a late-game card, same as morphling was. You never want to tap out with him in play. I don't think he'll see any serious play until Meloku rotates out. Right now Meloku is a much better win condition for five mana. And he's much more likely to win the game for you than this guy.
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he's good but Loku is better.
Mainard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a quick reponse to loku is really bad, esp. late game where they have their 3 purify's/mort's waiting.....
Big

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a blinking spirit on crack and a much better finisher than meloku or keiga simply because of the better cockroach effect. He hits for more than either of them is harder to kill than either of them and can sit back and soak up dmg so you can save your good removal for good cards. It is a little mana sink though so if you want to play it safe it's gonna take a quite a few turns to kill an opponet. Probably gonna be the second best finisher next to rakdos furnace dragon in T2 unless they go nuts printing insane cards. Not morphling good but isn't vulnerable to board removal so it's a better fit for blue white than anycard except blinky.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not morphling, but it can still bounce, after sending kokusho, kiega, yosei or any other legend to the grave, It will almost cerainly see alot of constructed play along side meloku. It is very mana intensive but by the time you come round to actually casting that should be irrelevant.
GreenLung

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is definately going to see play. It is a very powerful creature. There is absolutely no way this creature will not see play.
Sandler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think thats going to be a real card.....I dont think it has all the abilities the spoiler says it has.
Celticdruid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Really? Reply with quote

I dont know..but the ability of changing power with toughess doesnt sound like a UW strategy, it sounds like a red one lol.

Anyway if this svg beater is not fake, I still preffer meloku, thanks that it creates additional blockers, but obviously when loku rotates out this guy will come to the metagame.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2