Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entertainingly epic worldgorger ruling dispute with Yakuza

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you do have to show your win conditions if your opponent demands it. You can't just play dance of the dead and expect your opponent to concede. Alot of people know about the story with Mike Long about how he convinced a guy to concede to him in some important tournament even though mike didn't have the drain life in his hand. Some people simply want to see you play it out. Which is a reasonable request. In the case of Infinite comboes, you simply show that you know the combo by acting it out several times, then explain what you want to happen, how many times you want it to happen and then it simply happens.

Last edited by kendiggy on Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

English?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just have to go to the bottom more and the argument starts, ti is actaulyl quite humourous
gumonshoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sry the guest was me (the first one)

English?
Adam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably wasted more time being obnoxious than if you would've just played it out

i dont see how that log merited a thread being created, who cares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah in the time it took you arguing you couldv'e been halfway thru game two. When going infinite I just keep repeating the combo until they get bored. Sometimes, when facing gaytards, this situation arises if you just tell them thay are dead.
ant900

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he did the same thing to me =/ even after i told him about my condition in my grave, i had to do it about 20 times before he gave up
binary star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was entirely about the principal of the matter. Besdies I enjoyed the argument.
sabbath

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rules are simple in that case you only need to repeat the loop 2-3 time . if the kill is not in grave you need to say im gonna loop it and activated bazaar during loop untill i find my kill. simple if you do the combo in front of a judge irl he will ask you remove your cards 2-3 time thats all

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o btw mike long did it in the finals of pro tour paris when he removed his drain life and showed mark justice his hand and told him he didnt want to waste time.. believing him because there werer no decklists released back then to top 8 players he conceded only to find out mike had no win condition
ant900

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
o btw mike long did it in the finals of pro tour paris when he removed his drain life and showed mark justice his hand and told him he didnt want to waste time.. believing him because there werer no decklists released back then to top 8 players he conceded only to find out mike had no win condition

yes we know about that, but my opponet can see my grav, he could have seen the hellkite there

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you did NOT repeat the combo. You did it 1 single time, AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN DO IT CORRECTLY!!! You didnt even add any mana tapping your mana sources, so you did it incorrectly and you DID IT 1 TIME! You have to do it at least a successful amount of times in a row before you can say Im looping this combo.
YakuzaXRock_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't even explain how the combo works or even showed it correctly.

And Ant900, same goes for you... you think I'm just going to scoop up my cards and let you win for playing a spell? If you're playing such a dumb deck as Dragon, it's your own fault you have to show that you know how the combination works. If you can't show it, then you're playing the wrong deck for you ----> like poster of this topic did. He didn't show how the combo worked.
Binary Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I sat there and politely asked you what it was you wanted to know about the combo. I told you of laquatus/hellkite in my library, I offered to show you my library. I had blue mana and compulsion on the field. Simply put I already knew you had lost unless you had stifle in hand. If you really did have a stifle you would of shown it. Nobody would ever want to play Dragon if they were forced to remove/return their permanents 20something times, I wouldn't want anybody to. In a tornament environment it's nothing more than just stalling things out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I've been saying before, You saying you have won doesn't make you win any games. You think i do that, go around saying "I win" and that makes me win? You have to execute the combo, which you didn't. You have to show how it works, show that you know how it works, and you have to find win conditions. If you cant do it and don't want to repeat your way of winning which you are forced to do (at least a number of times) don't play worldgorger dragon.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3