Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best creature to use in WUR

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Best Creature for WUR?
Yosei, The Morning Star
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Meloku, The Clouded Mirror
40%
 40%  [ 12 ]
Shard Phoenix
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Firemane Angel
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 30

ant900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be better if we had a deck list, since you could be just splashing red making the shard pheonix less useful than yosei/meloku

personally i would say meloku or firemane, but again it depends on the deck
Spacies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firemane is the best creature in the deck hands down as it has so much synergy with the deck.

I think shard phoneix is the second best creature in the deck over meloku again due to its recursion. Ive used the card in this deck right form the beggining and hes really awsome. There is no way I would take him out.
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clouded victory tokens ftw meloku is th ebest finisher in a while sorry
kikimikejiki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrath then drop meloku i dont see a problem.. if u have meloku out then ur oppoenent plays smt that u need to wrath away after mk resolves well then imo u suck
kilomitro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u obv run both meloku and firemain angel. meloku is one of the best creatures to see print, ever! but he does require an untap phase. the angel allows u to have a 6 drop, discard fodder and recursion. pending on the metagame id run 4 angle, 2 meloku.its never a bad thing to have an angel out so u probly want it out asap, while meloku is more of a late game ender. u dont wanna drop it turn 5 to cross ur fingers and hope it dosnt die.
Fow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in the first place the deck needs 4 wrath not 3 andromedea now concerning the topic the best combination of cretures in wur is 3 meloku 2 firemane.the meloku is there because he is simply the best creature in t2 right now the angel is there because of its recusrsive ability but also for the life gain aspect when you start recuring the angel from the graveyard yes you will be tapped out most of the times but youre opp wont have much to do if you are plying correctly.
Feckingnewb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firemane is a 3 toughness and dies to hammer helix and char, its the hardest win condition to protect since there are so many cards that will one-shot it. It also doesn't stabilize you, yosei CAN stabilize you, but its alot harder, whereas meloku wins you the game after you resolve it anyone who has played with meloku knows this.

and @blkaznguy4 if you've played with meloku and dont understand why its good, you should probably make sure your playing the game the right way too.
Fow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firemane stabalizes your life and its ok for him to die e can always come back unless he is erradicated or killed with yamabushi's flame and most of the times you want him to take that damage.yosei dont stabalizes nothing he gives you a turn nothing more he is a time walk with legs.
Feckingnewb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 life per turn is hardly stabilizing, especially when you compare it to meloku, but we are arguing the same points.

Shard phoenix doesnt kill as much as it did when ravnica first came out, and the RRR commitment is so hard to make when your playing 3 color control

Quote:
meloku is meh. a lot of times it is just not needed. i run one copy cause of my fear of extraction. i side it out vs aggro(yes i know it suppose to beat aggro, i already do that and pyroclasm/remand does more)

You Side meloku OUT vs aggro? and you bring in..... remand............

forgive me if I stop taking you seriously.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2