Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Judged]CaC 379 Legendary creatures as Planeswalkers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: [Judged]CaC 379 Legendary creatures as Planeswalkers Reply with quote

I love the old days of magic, so lets re imagine the old legendaries as planeswalkers. Any legendary who was a card, and not a planeswalker.

Flavor is my favorite, but take balance into account too. It's ok if it's not competitive.

Last edited by brianhri on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/solkanar-the-swamp-king-2

I tried to stay in the flavor of how he would be at the time he was made. so his abilities are very basic. They are both kinda different from normal walkers. I also used everything on the original card to help think of the abilites. I totally understand that the original card had nothing to do with drawing but figured it was a balanced ability that could be good.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memnarch the Glistening 6

Planeswalker - Memnarch (M)

+1: Put a +1/+1 counter on each of up to two target artifact creatures. Lands you control become artifacts in addition to their other types.

-1: Exile target creature or artifact. Put two 1/1 colorless Memnite artifact creature tokens onto the battlefield.

-5: Choose a number less than the number of nontoken artifacts you control. Target player gets an emblem with 'Whenever you cast a spell with converted mana cost X, counter that spell,' where X is the chosen number.

Supposed to reflect how memnarch turned argentum into mirrodin, he mirrodin-izes your board as you use him. It's cool to think of an alternate story arch where memnarch succeeds in obtaining a spark, setting up an epic duel between him and Karn. We all know karn would just -3 him unless they joined forces somehow.

Last edited by wolfman2nast on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:29 am; edited 3 times in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merieke Ri Beret, Temptress of Terisiare
1WUB
Mythic Rare
Planeswalker-Merieke

+1: Tap up to two target creatures until end of turn. They don't untap until your next untap step.

-2: Exile Merieke, then return it to the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep with its current loyalty counters. Draw a card.

-7: Choose a nonland permanent type. Gain control of all permanents of that type.

Little lore on her, so I more of tried to fit the colors into her.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a lot of problem to connect to the website Sad

Quote:
Gwendlyn Di Corci UBBR

Planeswalker - Gwendlyn MR

+2 Target player discards a card at random, if it's a creature card exile it instead.
-1 Return target creature card exiled with Gwendlyn Di Corci to the battlefield under your control, it gains haste.
-8 Exile all creature cards from target player's library. You may return one of them to the battlefield under your control each time a creature you control dies.

the_hetero

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the good old days... I choose Baron Sengir... The only card in MTG history that distributed +2/+2 counters.

Baron Sengir, Homelander
1BBB -- [3 Loyalty]
[+1]: Put a +2/+2 or a -2/-2 counter on target creature. That creature becomes a Vampire in addition to its other creature types.
[+2]: Until the beginning of your next turn, if a Vampire would die, regenerate that creature, then untap it.
[-X]: Create X 1/1 black Vampire creature tokens with Lifelink.
[-7]: If Baron Sengir, Homelander is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, exile it, then return it to the battlefield transformed.
/////////
Baron Sengir, The Final Feast
Legendary Creature - Vampire
Flying, Indestructible, Lifelink, Protection from White and from Vampires
At the beginning of your end step, put a +2/+2 counter on each Vampire on the battlefield and a -2/-2 counter on each non-Vampire on the battlefield.
Pay 5 life: Baron Sengir deals 5 damage to target Planeswalker. If that Planeswalker was White, you gain 5 life.
5/5
Alysiaa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ertai, Wizard Ascendant
2U
Planeswalker - Ertai
+0: Target player reveals the top card of their library. If that card is an instant, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.
+1: Until the beginning of your next turn, whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may remove 2 Loyalty counters from Ertai. If you do, counter that spell.
+2: Search your library for a blue wizard card, put that card into your hand, then shuffle your library.
-7: Create seven 1/1 Blue Wizard creature tokens with "Sacrifice this creature: Counter target non-Wizard spell."
[2]
vagingredien

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thalia, Hate Realized
WWR
If you control a creature with Thalia in its name, Thalia, Hate Realized enters the battlefield with an additional Loyalty counter.
(+1) Up to one target creature gains haste and double strike until end of turn.
(-1) Target opponent can't cast non-creature spells during their next turn.
(-2) Nonbasic lands don't untap during target opponent's next untap step.
(-6) You get an emblem with "Creatures you control gain First Strike, Vigilance, and "Tap this creature: Tap target nonbasic land.""
{2 loyalty}
epidemiq

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emrakul, as Planes Unravel
3<><><>
[+1]: Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal two colorless cards. Choose one of the revealed cards, put it into your hand, then put the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
[+2]: Up to one target colorless creature gains Annihilator 1 until end of turn.
[-3]: Each opponent sacrifices two colored permanents. Add <><> to your mana pool.
[-13]: You control target opponent's next two turns.
[[5]]
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofellos and Eladamri
GG
At the beginning of your end step, if an Elf creature entered the battlefield this turn, put a loyalty counter on Rofellos and Eladamri.
[0]: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, untap up to one target forest. If you lose the flip, untap up to one target Elf.
[0]: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, add GG to your mana pool. If you lose the flip, you gain two life.
[-5]: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, lands you control become 3/3 green Dryad creatures with trample and forestwalk. If you lose the flip, search your library for up to five Elf creatures with different names, put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

Nerfed the ultimate to prevent getting 3 shaman of the pack for insta win. Shouldnt have an instawin on a 2 mana planeswalker right
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging?
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting to hopefully get more than 4 entries, which has happened. gonna judge tonight.
brianhri
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radioactivez:

Your card was really flavorful, touching on his abilities, and even name. My favorite part of the card was his ult, very old school feeling.

8/10

Wolfman2nast:

Memnarch, awesome theme overall, and flavor, but sadly a bit too overpowered. Would of gotten a better score if he started with even 1 less loyallty, or his ult costed at least 1 more.

7/10

Lord_Cuddles:

Her first ability seems a little too strong, and her second ability is a little random, but I see where you were going with it. Overall really cool, with a super flavorful ultimate.

7/10

Thelemys:

Sadly, her ultimate, and her -2 are totally out there, and her +2 is basically just her ability. Liked your loyalty starting and costs though very balanced for her cost.

3/10

the_hetero:

Super, super flavorful. However, I think he's a bit overpowered, on both sides. and his planeswalker side just feels too busy. Love him turning into a creature cool idea.

7/10

Alysiaa:

Ult is a little too strong, would of been better if it was a cursecatcher effect. The +0 is a really cool ability. The only other part I would change is the +1 to make it not a may ability to remove the counters.

6/10

vagingredien:

Sorry but the first part of the card kind of puts a bad taste in my moth from the beginning since thalia is a legendary creature. It would of been awesome if it was like if you control 2 soldiers or something. For the abilities, you just tried to do too much, it would of been better if you focused on one of the thalia cards rather than both of them.

3/10

epidemiq:

uuuggghhhh. I honestly thought to myself this was gonna be the winner until I read how busted the -3 was. This took off a point or two, the ult is cool, but I think making it cost less and only control one turn would of been better. Otherwise, awesome card.

8/10

Winner: JacobMatthew:

This one is awesome, I love every aspect of the card, I just think this could of been done better with out the flipping a coin. Otherwise every other part of this card is awesome.

9/10
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1