Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 376 Screw and Flood

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: CAC 376 Screw and Flood Reply with quote

Please, create a card that could be played in a lot of decks and would help to fix being screwed and flooded by lands.

I love horizon canopy but you will have to find something else!

The card must be:
Legal (no banlist addition)
Competitive
Creative
My taste

GO!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both or just one or the other? as I could answer the flooding or the "not getting enough, but I doubt 1 single card could handle both. I am thinking something like Land tax for the screw and for the flood a way to discard a land and draw a card.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ark of the Covenant
Legendary Land
Mythic Rare

1, Discard X Land cards from your hand, Tap: Draw X cards.

"It can turn the dirtiest grime to gleams of gold."

And Eternally viable too! Smile

Edit:Balance

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either is nice, like Zuran Orb could have been an interesting submission. Not a winning one IMO.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/familiar-terrain-1

Well I chose to address flooding.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foothills' Treasures RG
Sorcery - Rare

Choose one:
- Discard a nonland-card. Search your library for up to three basic land cards and put them into your hand.
- Discard a land-card. Draw two cards.

Entwine 2
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit Channel - Legendary Land

Discard this and another card from your hand, pay 2 life: Add one mana of any color and {C} to your mana pool.

Cycling {4}

{T}: Add {C} to your mana pool.

Last edited by Jinete_dV on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavenly Kingdom (Mythic)
Legendary Land
When Heavenly Kingdom is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, draw a card for each Heavenly Kingdom in your graveyard.
Tap: Add C to your mana pool.
"It was a strange morning. When we awoke, we found our trees had flourished. But it was apple fruits, not cherries anymore."
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, give me more!
the_hetero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ario, Jungleborn -- 1G [Mythic]
Legendary Creature - Monkey Wizard
Cast Ario only during your second main phase.
Ario can only be blocked by creatures with flying.
When you cast Ario, search your library for a Forest, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
At the beginning of your second main phase, if you played a land from your hand this turn, put a flood counter on Ario. Then if there are two or more flood counters on Ario, exile him, then return him to the battlefield transformed.
2/2

///

Ario the Drowned
Planeswalker -- [Ario is blue and black]
[+2]: You may sacrifice a land. If you do, look at the top two cards of your library, put one of them into your hand and one of them into your graveyard.
[-3]: Put up to one land card from your graveyard onto the battlefield. Then Scry X, where X is the number of lands you have in play.
[-6]: Sacrifice up to three lands. For each land sacrificed in this way, search your library for a card and put that card into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Loyalty 4
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless Cartographer 3

Artifact Creature - Construct (Uncommon)

T, tap an untapped land you control: Scry 1.

2, Discard Timeless Cartographer and another card from your hand: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. You may play this ability only any time you could play a land.

A map made by it can be worth as much as the machine itself.

1/3

I tried to address both lol it's like an autonomous serveyance drone dude, and if you activate the ability it's kinda like he made you a sweet map to get straight to the promised land. if you cast him it's like he's out there grindin homie he doin his thing explorin yo terrain nd what not findin you cool stuff nd places you might not wanna go. And I'm proud of how the flavor text kinda explains that lol
triplekriz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resource Strike
1R
Sorcery
R
Choose one:
-Sacrifice a creature. Reveal your hand. If you control 2 permanents with mana abilities and have none in hand, search your library for two basic lands and put them in your hand.

- Sacrifice up to three lands. Resource Strike deals damage to target creature or player equal to one plus the number of lands sacrificed this way.

Strike gold to earn. When you got enough gold, it strikes back.
Scuta04

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elysaria, Ranger of the Righteous
1G
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid
3/4

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have Elysaria, Ranger of the Righteous and no lands cards in your hand, you may reveal your hand and discard Elysaria, Ranger of the Righteous. If you do, search your library for a basic forest card and put it into play.

If you control 3 or more lands, sacrifice Elysaria, Ranger of the Righteous.
Jpsn54

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dual Land Cycle

Prosperous Hummock

Land - R

Prosperous Hummock comes into play tapped.

{T}: Add {G} or {R} to your mana pool.

Cycling {G/R}

This would probably be played in every Standard deck, at least. Playing a playset allows you to play one more land than you would normally as all you have to do is cycle the land if you happen to get flooded and your chances of getting manascrewed are reduced since you're playing more lands than you would normally, obviously.

Basically, a land cycle like this one would pretty much go a long way into solving manascrew/flood situations, much like the scry cycle.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy,
i always get a bonder when i'm daydreaming about modern-legal cycling-lands (tranquil thicket, forgotten cave, lonely sandbar, secluded steppe, barren moor) and the reprint of astral slide and lightning rift.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2