Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 375

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: CaC 375 Reply with quote

Woot we have 375!

Thanks to the Doncopter Pirate for the win, and I offer designed for the previous and following entries.

What I want you to do is make a 'Story Spotlight' Card for an popular animated Disney movie. Spoilers are allowed, as it your card is shining light on the story. Please keep each card's source differing, as I don't want to judge 3 Snow White entries. Please note the printed Legality you want this card to be in if your card is more designed for Eternal formats, otherwise, I will assume it is for a Standard legal set.

I will be judging on Creativity (5), Flavor (10), Printability (10), Synergy (5), and Fun to Play with/against (5). The totals will be calculated and be posted in order. Entries are allowed until 12:00 est of the 15th of January. Hopefully, I can judge within 2 days. When I finish judging, I will post the top 3 people in Ranking. Following Judging, the winner will have around 24 hours to create the next CaC. If this does not occur, the next highest placing participant may post the next CaC, and henceforth until a new CaC is created.

Here is an example card and judging from the movie Moana, and you may use this movie, but not the card.

Restoration of the Heart
4RGG
Sorcery
Mythic

Exile all red permanents and Mountains. For each Mountain exiled this way, put a Land Token called 'Forest' with 'Tap- Add G to your mana pool'. For each nonland permanent exiled this way, put a 0/3 green creature token with Reach called 'Tree' onto the battlefield.

"As the Heart was returned to its rightful owner, mountains and lava were overgrown with lush plant life."

Ex. Judging
C- Nothing like it, as it shows the event in a completely unique way. 5/5
F- Very flavorful, but shouldn't trees be replaced with plants? 8/10
P- Too unplayable, restrictive mana costs as well as both effects only hitting 2 sides of the color pie. As it is completely dependant on your opponent for this card to be effective, it would be a horrible card for enfranchised players as well as new players who will realize that this card does not always appear in Magical Christmas Land. 0/10
S- Some synergy for a Green deck, but is barely there. 1/5
Fun- Very unfun to play with, as the lack of the card to be commonly cast as well as the effect only reaching one side of the color pie. 0/5.
Total: 14/35

That was an example. Have fun everybody and I hope that these guidelines will help for future CaCs!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And please, tell the name of the movie.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
King's Fall B
Instant - R
Cast King's Fall only if a player has 3 life or less.
Target player loses 3 life.
"Long live the king"

Movie: The Lion King
This card is about Mufasa's last breath.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/lionking/images/5/5f/Longlivetheking.png/revision/latest?cb=20130512175403
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

?? No clue. Sorry but yeah I do not get it.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: CaC 375 Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:

What I want you to do is make a 'Story Spotlight' Card for an popular animated Disney movie.
Less words.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: CaC 375 Reply with quote

Thelemys wrote:
Lord_Cuddles wrote:

What I want you to do is make a 'Story Spotlight' Card for an popular animated Disney movie.
Less words.

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Story_Spotlight

Shows what a Spotlight card is if you didn't know. Smile
Stucco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Doe.............GG
Creature - Deer...R

Vanishing 2

When Wild Doe enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 green fawn creature token onto the battlefield.

When Wild Doe dies, exile all fawn creatures you control. Then put a 5/5 Legendary green creature token named Bambi, Great Prince of the Forest onto the battlefield.

2/2

Movie: Bambi
the_hetero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genie - 4UU
Legendary Creature
Flash
When you cast Genie from your hand, search your library for a land card, an instant card, and a sorcery card, put them into your hand, then shuffle your library.
When Genie dies, exile it, then return it to the battlefield transformed under an opponent's control.
1/4
//
Genie's Lamp
Legendary Artifact
Genie's Lamp enters the battlefield with three curse counters on it.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, remove a curse counter from Genie's Lamp. If you do, counter that spell unless you pay 1.

Aladdin
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonel, old sheepdog (WBWB)
Legendary Creature - Dog (Mythic)
First Strike
15 : Create 100 1/1 white and black dog creature tokens.
Wuff wuff
4/3

- 101 Dalmatians
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elsa of Arendelle 1WU
Legendary Creature - Human Spellshaper

{1}{U}, {T}: Return target creature to its owner's hand.

{2}{W}, {T}: Create a 2/2 white Elemental creature token named Olaf with "Whenever this creature is dealt damage by a red source, it's destroyed".

{2}{U}{U}, {T}: Tap all creatures your opponents control. Those creatures don't untap during their controller's next untap step.

“Some people are worth melting for.” – Olaf

2/4
(Frozen)
SlimJimothy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Mufasa, Heart of the Pride Reply with quote

Mufasa, Heart of the Pride
GGWW
Legendary Creature - Lion

When Mufasa, Heart of the Pride enters the battlefield you may search you library for a card named Circle of Life and put it into play.

Lions and Cats you control get +1/+1 and First Strike

"Those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

4/5

Circle of Life
2GGWW
Legendary Enchantment

When Circle of Life enters the battlefield put a 3/3 Legendary Lion token named Simba into play. This token has hexproof as long as you control Mufasa.

{1}{G}{W}: Create a 2/2 lion token.

{3}{G}{W}: Sacrifice Simba and 2 other lions and return Mufasa, Heart of the Pride from your graveyard to the battlefield.

"You see, when we die, our bodies become the grass."

Lion King if it wasnt obvious haha
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Mufasa, Heart of the Pride Reply with quote

SlimJimothy wrote:
GGWW

When Mufasa, Heart of the Pride enters the battlefield you may search you library for a card named Circle of Life and put it into play.

4/5

Circle of Life
2GGWW
Legendary Enchantment

When Circle of Life enters the battlefield put a 3/3 Legendary Lion token named Simba into play. This token has hexproof as long as you control Mufasa.

{3}{G}{W}: Sacrifice Simba and 2 other lions and return Mufasa, Heart of the Pride from your graveyard to the battlefield.

OP much? 4 mana for both cards and a 3/3 hexproof guy...sheesh
triplekriz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Should I Worry?
UU
Rare Instant
Counter target spell.
Triggered abilities cannot counter this spell.
If a cat creature entered the battlefield this turn, you gain 2 life.

Not every animal can have this much street savois faire
And legacy viable. [/i]
SlimJimothy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Mufasa, Heart of the Pride Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
SlimJimothy wrote:
GGWW

4/5

Circle of Life
2GGWW
Legendary Enchantment

OP much? 4 mana for both cards and a 3/3 hexproof guy...sheesh

Not really, i mean yeah its 4 mana for 2 card and a hexproof guy but with all the removal you just kill the main one, or path as 75% of decks play it. And bam you're left with a crappy 3/3 and a pretty useless enchantment.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pages Mastered 1UW

Enchantment R

At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have four or less cards in your hand, you may put a vision counter on Pages Mastered. If you do, draw a card.

Remove all vision counters from Pages Mastered and sacrifice it: Gain one life for each vision counter removed this way.

Think boy...what kind of an adventure you could have had if I brought you here with the turn of a page.

A little mtg cardification of the adventure from The Page Master. The insight gained being the blue factor and the force guiding this boy along, and the faith and wisdom it instills until the vision's end being the white factor.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3