Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 375

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just realized page master is fox...... requesting permission to use it anyway...

If not, it's not a big deal at all homie, I'm the one who didn't look it up til right after I submitted anyways so I feel like a bit of a bonehead lol
Antalagor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Baloo 1G
Creature - Bear R
Defender
When Baloo leaves the battlefield, draw a card.
4/5
"the bare necessities.."

The jungle book
Marcus675

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade for Chance 1UB

Sorcery MR

Draw 10 cards facedown and have one opponent place them into 3 piles. You may look at one card from any pile. Choose one pile. Put that pile into your hand and put the rest of the cards into your graveyard. End your turn.

"Just your voice for a chance at love."

The Little Mermaid
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure this does not qualify but I am not sure what you want even as with reading these cards I still do not get it. So here is my Entrant.
Rarity mythic

Movie The little Mermaid.

Ariel, Love stricken 1UU
Legendary mermaid

Pay 5 life and discard half your hand: exile Ariel, Love stricken, then return her to the battlefield transformed under her owner's control.
During your upkeep Scry 3 and lose 2 life.

0/5

Ariel, Fish out of water
Loyality 5

+2 you may discard up to 2 cards, if you do draw as many cards as discarded this way.

-2 You may deal up to 2 dmg to up to 2 target creatures. Take dmg equal to damage dealt to creatures this way.

-10 Draw 10 cards and you may play spells for free until end of turn. Gain 1 life for every spell you cast this turn.

The first half is Ariel under the water happy and surviving on her own. She can scry due to her friends. and the life loss is her longing for Eric. You have to pay a steep price to flip her due to her giving her Voice to Ursula (which is a steep price in my book) Her walker side is a reflection of her friends trying to help her gain the prince's love, then the minus is Ursula's eel pets attempting to disrupt her in the process. The ultimate is her gaining the princes love and Conquering Ursula.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
Pretty sure this does not qualify but I am not sure what you want even as with reading these cards I still do not get it. So here is my Entrant.
Rarity mythic

Movie The little Mermaid.

Ariel, Love stricken 1UU
Legendary mermaid

Pay 5 life and discard half your hand: exile Ariel, Love stricken, then return her to the battlefield transformed under her owner's control.
During your upkeep Scry 3 and lose 2 life.

0/5

Ariel, Fish out of water
Loyality 5

+2 you may discard up to 2 cards, if you do draw as many cards as discarded this way.

-2 You may deal up to 2 dmg to up to 2 target creatures. Take dmg equal to damage dealt to creatures this way.

-10 Draw 10 cards and you may play spells for free until end of turn. Gain 1 life for every spell you cast this turn.

The first half is Ariel under the water happy and surviving on her own. She can scry due to her friends. and the life loss is her longing for Eric. You have to pay a steep price to flip her due to her giving her Voice to Ursula (which is a steep price in my book) Her walker side is a reflection of her friends trying to help her gain the prince's love, then the minus is Ursula's eel pets attempting to disrupt her in the process. The ultimate is her gaining the princes love and Conquering Ursula.

One thing he certainly did ask for was differing sources and the guy above you already did the little mermaid so you might want to pick a different movie.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

time to judge?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GreenBear"]
radioactivez wrote:
]

One thing he certainly did ask for was differing sources and the guy above you already did the little mermaid so you might want to pick a different movie.

It was either mermaid or frozen....Not that it matters. Pretty sure my entry did not meet what he wanted as I had no idea what he wanted. So i just took a movie and explained the Whole damn thing on 1 card.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you alive?
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is someone up to judge this one? Ideally someone who did not enter the contest!
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, tech issues are a problem for the past week. I have been trying to write detailed responses for this and something like my computer dying or an accidental refresh makes me start over. I apologize and a brief judging will be out in an hour, tops.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I apologize for the extended wait. I will provide rankings. If you want me to go in depth with your card, just ask and I will comply. The big issue with these cards were power level, and only triplekriz stated that his was for eternal play.

1st: Thelemys-King's Fall
2nd: triplekriz-Oliver
3rd: Jinete-Elsa
4th: wolfman-Pages
5th: Derflippi-Colonel
6th: Marcus-Trade
7th: hetero-Genie
8th: Antalagor-Baloo
9th: Stucco-Wild Doe

INVALID SUBMISSIONS: Slim Jimothy, radioactivez. I stated that there was no repeating sources, and you posted a card after its source was taken. Don't say I didn't tell you.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you're ok lol thanks for judging my fox inspired cards among all the Disney inspired ones

Next plz!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I'll post next gg all
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if the contests made any sense i would have sent earlier and i had to type mine up so I cannot account for his submission beating me in. Not that I am shocked. It was an easy to dismiss my entrant and you took it. cool beans. Next time explain your contest better and people will submit faster.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a 2 hour post difference. Furthermore, the rules were so long so I could explain everything with no complications. The only rule unenforced was technical issues on my part, which I once again apologized for.
Please follow the rules by the letter and please note I consider cards heavily for print-ability akin to WotC, so although flavor was a major key, complexity and card formatting was major in my rankings. This is why Marcus didn't win. He had an outstanding design but the wording on it was mechanically incorrect, thus he was heavily penalized. Furthermore, if there is extreme value or potential to be excessively broken easily it was penalized. The former is why Baloo didn't make the cut, as a 4/5 defender with a can-trip is easily overvalued.
Your issue with your card, although unjudged, will be explained. Your static ability on the front of Ariel is overvalued, as well as it being well protected with its 0/5 body. You seem to miss that Scry 3 is a very powerful thing in deck manipulation, and lifeloss in a control deck is easily managed, as well as paying costs/sacrificing for a gain is strictly in black's color pie, making this card an inherent break of the color pie. The activated cost is too low for its payoff of added protection, as well as it gets Ariel out of a troubled situation. On it's PW side, even more balance issues arise. First off, the manipulation of your deck is powerful, even if you have to discard first. You get to dig with ease. If not, you still get a 7 loyalty walker for 3 mana. Moving on, direct damage to anything is strictly breaking the color pie for blue. Psyonic Blast has been repeated as a color break in blue, and even a neutered version of it is a break. In addition, this can repeated to extension in combination with the first ability. Lastly, the ultimate is a win the game ability, as most are designed to be. But this is past that. a Draw 10 Omniscience and life gain are too powerful. As well as this card being viable to ultimate by turn 6, this is easily too powerful in combination with Eldrazi Titans and other extremely powerful cards. which can be filtered through with the original ability. In short, Ariel would be too powerful to be on a card, and thus would have a bottom rank even if judged. To help, I will adjust your card to have the same flavor with her power to be equivalent of a standard-viable printable card.

Ariel, Love Stricken
1UU
Mythic Rare
Legendary Creature-Merfolk

Defender

At the beginning of your upkeep, Scry 2.

Discard 3 cards, Tap: Exile Ariel, and put back under the battlefield transformed. Activate this ability only as a sorcey.

0/3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ariel, Risen Fish

+1 Draw a card, then discard a card.

-2 Tap up to 2 creatures. They don't untap during their controller's next untap step.

-7 You may gain control of target creature and untap it. Repeat this process for artifacts, enchantments, lands, and planeswalkers.

Starting Loyalty: 3

The first thing I did was keep it in the color pie, by altering the front's abilities and the -2 on Ariel. The second thing is the cost of the ability, with slowing down activation speed and making a flat discard cost instead of half, as you could simply play out your hand, pay 5 and flip with the original version. Now it's slowed. Furthermore, the front is weaker to make her susceptible to removal. Moving to the back, I slid down the loyalty to make her less powerful. Her plus one is more blue by allowing the draw to come first, as the original version was more red than blue. Lastly, I had to completely redo the ultimate. The new ultimate is meant to represent her gaining what she strove for in the end. The new version also looks cleaner and looks easier to the eye.

I hope that satisfies your dissatisfaction with me pointing out the flaws in your design and remedying them! This kind of judging is what I was trying to do, but my tech problems unfortunately did not allow me to do this, for everyone else. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3