Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 372

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Antalagor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: CaC 372 Reply with quote

thx for the win! im so exciting creating my first cac!
Back in my days when i was proud of my playset Shivan Oasis, I was so jealous of people playing greedy multicolored goodstuff-decks with $$$-manabase.
So it seems logical, that my taste in magic demands rather harsh restrictions on the generosity of mana bases. I always enjoyed color themes and the limitations with strengthes and weaknesses. Nowadays it seems, you can easily play any card in any deck - to easy for my taste. A jund deck with a splash for Cryptic Command should come at a cost.

I did observe, there are few mono-colored decks in modern.
So i want you to create a card (playable in modern) that either punishes greedy mana-bases ( Wasteland) or supports mono-colored strategies (Cabal Coffer).

I will judge the card similar to the last CaC.
If you did submit Bloodmoon, you would get the following result:

Balance: 5/5
Creativity: 1/5
Flavor: 2/5
Notes: Perfectly serves its purpose. Unfun when played with.[/url]

Last edited by Antalagor on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a challenge for only modern players.....well i guess ill be taking a nap.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesnt need to be a modern card. i gonna put this expression in brackets. but modern-playability will be the benchmark for the balancing-points.

(you even can earn some sympathy-points if you find a good way of stopping early turn surpremacy of DRS in Legacy)
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunder the planes - sorcery RRR (mythic rare)

Destroy target non basic land, then destroy another target non basic land with a different name.

'Some embrace diversity, others seek to destroy it.'
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would not want sympathy points. but as a person who openly will never play modern or legacy or vintage i cannot make a card that would be modern playable. because i have no knowledge of modern and playability. so in conclusion you should just make this challenge for modern players only. I do not understand modern nor will I attempt to just for the sake of 1 CAC. the CAC should be more open and not so short sighted. I will give credit though he was Atleast open about his short sightedness. unlike some CACS.

Last edited by radioactivez on Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homie it takes 5 minutes of checkin a few decklists out to realize what he's sayin is 'don't be afraid to make a card approaching gifts ungiven/goyf/death's shadow/etc levels of power as long as it supports a mono-colored strategy or nerfs 3+colors'
Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azorius Collections House

Land

{T}: Add {U} or {W} to your mana pool for each color of mana your opponents lands could produce.

"They'll have their fingers in everything and would tax you for breathing if they could." - Emmara Tandris
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my precious.
Quote:
Devourer BB
Creature - Beast R
Haste, Trample
Whenever Devourer deals damage to a player put a -1/-1 counter on it, then you may sacrifice a land. If you do that: destroy target land.
A hungry Beast is an angry one!
3/2
With smallpox you can't target + with this beauty you can destroy 2 lands (or more if you boost it with Spidersilk Net).

Last edited by Thelemys on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:52 pm; edited 12 times in total
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manaspinner - UU
Creature - Human Wizard (Rare)
At the beginning of each players' upkeep, that player names a new color.
Lands produce mana of the named color instead of other colors.
No one knows what she is watching, because she never takes her glasses off.
0/4
AlexPistols

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmothron
Artifact
Mythic Rare
Nonbasic lands are artifacts in addition to their other types
2, tap: Destroy target artifact land
First nexus, now this...
- Jor Kadeen, the Prevailer
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For everyone complaining about not playing Modern, think about the time during Khans of Tarkir Standard where Dark Jeskai and things of that nature existed. Just make something that would've been good against the mana base of those decks, and then make it even better to make it Modern playable.

Anyway, here's my card.

Rend the World XRG

Instant [Mythic Rare]

Destroy X target nonbasic lands. For each land destroyed in this way, Rend the World deals that much damage to target player and each creature that player controls.

The shift in the timeline may have made Atarka a Dragonlord, but it did not take her ability to destroy.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide Peak
Land
Rare

Tap: Add <> to your mana pool.

Tap, Sacrifice Suicide Peak and another land: Destroy target nonbasic land.

Sometimes, it's good to take yourself out the equation along with something else.

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
triplekriz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brood Tiller
3<>
Planeswalker

-1 Put 2 0/1 eldrazi scions onto the battlefield with "sacrifice this creature: make <>".
-2 Exile target land that can currently produce 2 or more colors.
-3 Each player exiles the top 2 cards of his/her library. For each color revealed this way Brood Tiller deals that much damage to that player. Each player may put any number of colorless cards into his or her hand exiled this way.

radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find this CAC to be very selective. but i'll play along . Since i know for a fact there is no chance in hell for this to be in the guidelines stated because i literally have no clue about modern cards and looking at lists will not help as I will never understand the format. Once cards are not limited i forget they exist for the most part so ideas in a format full of cards i have mostly forgotten are not something i am going to pour over and try to understand. someone said something about punishing multicolor so here goes.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/preview?img=1481164891871049&t=339467

Multicolor is VERY punished.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Identity Shatter B

Sorcery (U)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand, then exiles a card of his or her choice for each color amongst the revealed cards. You choose up to one card exiled this way, then return all other cards exiled this way to their owner's hand.

'Become the one I need you to be...at the price of who you are.'

-Bolas, whispering in the mind of Jace

If anyone has any suggestions on how to word that better lemme know, supposed to work kinda like a better (yikes lol) blackmail but instead of 3 its like x= nonbasics then exiles one card of your choice.

And as a side note, i considered making it based off the number of colors amongst revealed cards since everybody else is hatin on mana bases but wasn't sure if that'd count since it would suck if they had a poor boy's mana base in their 5 color Timmy deck so I went with nonbasics to punish the richies. Even made it uncommon for budget friendliness mwahaha

Post script: didn't realize the colors-hate makes it really good against dredgemania and probably more balanced in standard, so I went with colors revealed rather than nonbasics lol if it doesn't count at least you knew where I was comin from homeboy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2