Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discord

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
Gracco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Discord Reply with quote

Discord is a chat software that has been growing in popularity a lot. There are several MTG related servers on Discord, just that I have found.

I say this because I believe that Discord may be a powerful tool that can be used to increase the amount of players that we have participating in Magic-League.

Back when ML was using IRC and the place was very active I believe it was, in part, because of the way so many players were able to find the chat room. I am in several Discord servers with hundreds of members.

Discord has many good administration options, including options to name and set roles and different permissions for each role. Also Discord server bans are IP bans.

I think Magic-League should make a Discord server to be used to expand the ML community.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of this, but it certainly sounds like its worth a shot. We really need something to start driving business back in a positive spiral
Gracco

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the permanent invite link to the ML Discord Server:

https://discordapp.com/invite/ZtJNqff

Browser based chat is available.
You do not have to download the Discord application if you do not want to.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1