Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UR spells

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: UR spells Reply with quote

Hi I've been working on a new deck for standard UR spells, I think I've come up with a pretty sweet list.

4 galvanic bombardment
4 anticipate
4 take inventory
4 harnessed lightning
4 incendiary flow
4 Thermo Alchemist
4 Dynavault Tower
4 Glimmer of Genius
3 Niblis of Frost
1 Confiscation Coup

4 spirebluff canal
4 wandering fumarole
2 highland lake
7 mountain
7 island

sb

3 negate
3 void shatter
1 summary dismisal
1 confiscation coup
1 rise from the tides
3 radiant flames
3 Lightning Weaver

Clearly the sweetest thing about the deck is the amount of card draw spells you get to play, take inventory, anticipate and glimmer of genius, this was the only way i could think to create a deck that played all these cards which i really wanted to do.

They keep the spells flowing. 24 lands as i have 7 4 drops and a 5 so im not prepared to play less even with the card draw.

Its only in the early stages of testing but the synergy power of the deck is really shining. Alchemist, tower, niblis are all really complementing the the cheap card draw spells and efficient removal to make a well rounded deck.

Thoughts appreciated:)
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would cut one niblis for a second coup.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I've been working on the deck some more, and have come up with a better list.

4 galvanic bombardment
4 anticipate
4 take inventory
4 incendiary flow
4 harnessed lightning
4 thermo-alchemist
4 Void Shatter
3 Dynavolt Tower
4 Glimmer of Genius
2 Rise From The Tides

8 Island
7 Mountain
4 Spirebluff Canal
4 Wandering Fumarole

sb

3 negate
3 niblis of frost
1 torrential gearhulk
3 Radiant Flame
2 Tears of Valakult
1 Ceremonius Rejection
1 Island
1 Dynavolt Tower

I've gone away from a creature based approach except thermo alchemist, its so good that i would rather play it then go for the tactic of blanking all my opponents removal. Its key to beating uw as it guarantees you a spell you can slip under spell queller which can be vital to winning the race, against there stronger draws.

Only 3 Tower as although it is good 3 mana is a lot for a card that does nothing when you initially cast it, its very hard in many match ups to find time to resolve 2 of them and survive. Any spell that is not an instant or sorcery needs a lot of justification to make the list only tower and alchemist cut it in the end.

Rise from the tide is included in the main as it attacks the format from a unique angle, as there are very few sweepers present atm. It is really strong vs gb where it and tower are your best card. Similarly vs decks like rb, graveyard which is every where on modo, it gives you a card which often wins the game if you are able to stem the bleeding for long enough. Declaration in stone is the only card that gets you but this should not be a problem with a active tower out or a galvanic in hand.

Your removal plus card advantage package, makes rw vehicles one of your better match ups.

Dynavolt Tower is super strong vs counter based control and pretty easy to resolve. Also they often board out removal, which is makes alchemist better and will certainly board out sweepers unless they see rise from the tides game 1. So that can randomly get people also.

I did cut a land and some tapped lands in the end i found you need your mana untapped early those highland lakes kept losing me games, to the point where i was prepared to accept a slightly weaker manabase begrudgingly and cut a land, as flooding is an issue with this deck and the curve is lower now.
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no Thing in the ice ?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few reasons one it works poorly with rise. Its only good generally on turn 2, its not so good vs pw's, its also weaker vs reflector mage than alchemist you need to keep the spell, other stuff balance right so i can not play titi and alchemist.

Its poor in control mirrors vs good players, I've beat multiple players who played titi turn 2 turn 3, just by sitting there pinging them with alchemist. Not playing anything, waiting for them to try and do something, as i know full well they have a hand full of counter spells and want me to play spells.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1