Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 368

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
PJ33

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: CaC 368 Reply with quote

Well here we go again.

Entries will be accepted until next Friday at 11pm CST. I'll probably post Judging the following Sunday evening.

Challenge: Create an Aura that would see play in Standard.

Judging:
Power: 3 Points
Cool: 3 Points
Balance Factor: 4 Points

Good Luck!
AlexPistols

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuning
Rare
WR1
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Vehicle
Enchanted Vehicle gets +2/+2, has trample, haste and first strike as long as its a creature
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ancor for red!? Inspiration.

Quote:
Road Rage R
Enchantment - Aura R
Enchanted creature gets +2/+0 and has haste.
Whenever an aura card is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may have it deal damage equal to it's converted mana cost to target creature or player.

The hardest prison to escape is your rage.

Last edited by Thelemys on Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:06 am; edited 3 times in total
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple challenge for a simple card.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/vehicular-boot
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nether Seal 1BW

Enchantment - Aura (M)

Enchant Land

Enchanted land has 'T: Destroy all creatures, then exile this land and all permanents attached to it. You may play this ability only anytime you could play a sorcery.'

The agony of decimation brings the purity of the void.

Last edited by wolfman2nast on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oncoming Crash BB

Enchantment - Aura [Uncommon]

Enchant permanent

At the beginning of your upkeep, enchanted permanent's controller sacrifices it.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my entry, vacuum should be void! Sorry lol
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolfman2nast wrote:
In my entry, vacuum should be void! Sorry lol

You can edit your entry, log in and there will and option to do so by the side of your post.
wolfman2nast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lookin out broham, hadn't signed in when I was tryna change it
PJ33

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the entries. Since theres a small group this time I should be able to judge quickly

Alex Pistols: Tuning

First, awesome entry. It's amazing how vehicles have impacted the format so much. I love how this card takes cards we are already wanting to play and takes it up to 10.

Power: 3
+2/+2 and trample were enough to get you to 2, adding first strike just makes whatever this is attached to a must kill right now. Haste seems a little wasted, as you're likely not going to be playing in a deck that has the mana to play a vehicle and pay 3 mana for an enchantment to give it haste.

Cool: 1
The name itself is worth a point. That said, it really doesn't do anything unexpected.

Balance: 3
Lot a stats and text for 3 mana, being on an artifact means it doesn't open itself up to too many 2-for-1s, but with the hate and the fact that vehicles become creatures, I could see a control deck dealing with this.

Total: 7/10 Great entry.

Thelmys: Road Rage

Power: 2
I'm not sure the power level is there, I mean expedite is similar, without the stat bump, and it doesn't really see play. But I could see this making Aura's totally playable, I mean if I'm running 20 creatures, I could totally see running 8-10 Auras because of the burn potential. Especially with the black, auras that tend to kill and go straight to the yard. If this had flash, it would totally get there.

Cool: 3
This could totally reshape how people think about auras. I know I talked about how the power might might not be there, but I could see a Mardu deck taking this and abusing the ever loving hell out of it and that makes it cool in my book.

Balance: 4
Because it's based on the mana cost, this makes this card not over powered, but in a build around deck it's powers are off the charts, which I think gives it solid balance, because you're definitely trading some power flexibility to run a deck full of Auras and have a way to reliably find and cast this card, and put it on something that is hard to kill.

Total: 9/10 if this had Flash, it would be format warping. Great design.

Radioactivez: I got a good chuckle out of this card that's for sure.

The mana cost and the ability to hit vehicles are worth 3 points. Pacifism was good, this would be good.

Cool: 1
It's funny, so I'll give it a point. But it feels like Pacifism for Vehicles.

Price is right. Power's there. The ability to hit vehicles offsets the ability to block. Nicely done.

8/10 Solid card.

Wolfman: Nether Seal
HOLY SHIT. This card's power level is over 9000.

This is Languish, without the need for BB. You play this on turn three and it just hangs there, daring your opponent to over commit the board. Esper just became a Tier 0 Deck if this ever got printed.

Love the language behind it, the flavor, the effect. It's all good. Really cool

Balance: 2
Sacrificing the land is almost good enough. But if I'm playing Esper or BW control, I basically put this on my land turn 3 and then get to play a 1 for 1 game as my opponent tries to navigate developing his board vs daring me to sacrifice a land to wipe it out. But that said, it's essentially a turn 4 board wipe for 1 mana.

8/10. This card is OP as fuck, essentially there would be nothing but control decks for 1 year. Because there's no way I'm playing a creature deck against this.

Shamed Shadow: Nice card. Really good unconditional removal, which I feel like we're missing currently.

Power: 2
It's powerful, but it's beatable. I like that and that will be reflected in your balance score.

Just a neat card, you essentially guarantee a 1 for 1 with this card, either they are going to try and counter it or remove it, or they're going to lose their card.

See power

9/10: The simplicity and ingenuity of this card is both simple and smart. Awesome job.

That leaves us a tie and to be honest I'm really torn, because both cards are great in their own right.

Road Rage has the potential to warp formats, if played in the right shell, say with a hexproof creature card you could enchant and just hang back.

But Oncoming Crash would just flat out see play, especially in delirium decks.

I guess I will take a day to think about it and post final winner tomorrow night.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspens
PJ33

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to go with Road Rage, just for the warping factor of the card. ShamedShadow, your card did exactly what was asked, it made an aura that would see play and I think it would see play any day of the week.

But Road Rage, would not only see play, but I think it would create a completely new deck, and that's something I've rarely seen in a CaC challenge.

Awesome job by both of you, I wish I could give you both the win.

Thelmys, the floor is yours.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
Hats of ShamedShadow, I think your card was terrific.
go next
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1