Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 366 JUDGED

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: CaC 366 JUDGED Reply with quote

Thanks to Triplekriz for the win.

Since it is a holiday for me today (Rosh Hashanah), the theme will be based on a holiday of your choice. It can be a character from a movie relating to it to the climate of said holiday. Please include reasoning in your response. I will be ranking the the cards (1st, 2nd, 3rd, .....) when judging.

Good Luck and have fun!

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Festival of Lights 1W
Sorcery U
All permanents on the battlefield become white instead of their original color. Then, draw a card for each non-white permanent on the battlefield.
"It's forever fight of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance and hope over despair."

Diwali, the festival of lights in indian culture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali
I've discovered this holiday since I live in Mauritius.
For the card, I was inspired by Painter's Servant. Advantage of my card over Servant is the effect doesn't end easily, but it's a one time use + you have to play around white.

Last edited by Thelemys on Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no , Black knight would still get the protection. as you are not targeting it, but blanketing the field in an effect.

I am Not a huge Holiday buff, But I can take a shot at playing along.

I was going to do something about july4th but could not find a good enough picture, so I'll do Halloween instead...since Halloween is overdone and such I'll pick a specific element of it.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/black-flame-candle
triplekriz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Lief Erikson Day!

Vikings of the Sea
3GR
Creatue- Human Berserker
Uncommon

Islandwalk
When this creature enters the battlefield, search your library for a land with a name different from one you control and put it into play tapped.
3/3

I figured Spongebob is enough inspiration and Lief killed less people than Columbus. Keeping it simple today.
Marcus675

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yesterday was Virus Appreciation Day, so...

Swine with Flu 2GB

Creature-Pig Uncommon

Infect

When ~ deals combat damage to a creature, that creature gains infect and this ability.

2/1

I would love some bacon, but I wouldn't want to be INFECTED! -A healthy noble
the_hetero

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trick
U - Instant
Untap target creature and gain control of it until end of turn. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to and dealt by that creature this turn.

Treat
1BB - Instant
Sacrifice a creature, gain 2 life, and draw a card.

Fuse
Rare
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging October 10 at the earliest.
Antalagor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easter
W
Instant - Rare

You gain 3 life.

Return target creature card with converted mana cost of 3 or less from the graveyard to the battlefield. Exile it at end of turn.

Exile Easter.

"Halleluja"
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENTRIES CLOSE AT 1:00 EST.
Grok

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
ENTRIES CLOSE AT 1:00 EST.

Looks like I was right to stop bothering with this contest.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I've been busy with family matters, so I couldn't judge on time.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When?
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully tomarrow at the latest I'll judge, I really like to provide explanations.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being late.

Festival of Lights 1W
Sorcery U
All permanents on the battlefield become white instead of their original color. Then, draw a card for each non-white permanent on the battlefield.
Quote:
"It's forever fight of light over darkness, good over evil, knowledge over ignorance and hope over despair."

Nice card, it'd work well in a jank combo deck. I just can't see it being usable, but maybe because I can't any benefit, as I can't think of anything that you'd get the benefit from. I'd say that the rarity should be a rare to reduce limited play. Finally, I'd personally make it generating with a cantrip to make it feel smoother, but that would conflict with the inspirational flavor. Good Job.

Black Flame Candle
4B
Artifact
Uncommon
During your upkeep, if you control no witch creatures Create up to 3 black and white 1/1 witch tokens.
As long as the candle burns, the witches will come.

Good idea, but this card is pure gas, as it just keeps making more witches. I like the good/bad witch duality with the colors, but if they keep coming back, just attach a sacrifice outlet and gain plenty value, as well as an endless supply in chump blockers. Great effort and flavor in the card, but a tad overpowered. Perhaps making it 2 W/B W/B for 3 1/1/ witches at sorcery speed. In short, great idea, but poor execution.

Vikings of the Sea
3GR
Creatue- Human Berserker
Uncommon

Islandwalk
When this creature enters the battlefield, search your library for a land with a name different from one you control and put it into play tapped.
3/3

Since this one didn't have an explanation behind the holiday, Leif Erickson was the first man to discover North America, even before Columbus. About the card, it could use some rewording with its second ability, like making it a 'may' ability. Islandwalk is out of use in R&D due to it being complex and situational keyword. Good card, and it fits the flavor.

Note-I'm on crunch time from now on, sorry for short explanations.

Swine with flu- Keyword copying is something similar to Permeating Mass. As such, should be a rare, and it's overcosted, even with Infect. 3 mana would be better.

Trick//Treat

Nice little combat trick there. Smile Rarity is could be uncommon, with Trick being a tick up in mana cost. Overall, good card.

PLACEMENT:
1st- Trick//Treat
2nd- Vikings of the Sea
3rd- Black Flame Candle
4th- Festival of Lights
5th-Swine with Flu

Once again, sorry fr being so strict and delayed with judging. I honestly believed I had more time than I really had. Thank you for your patience.

With that said, well done to all participants!
the_hetero wins this Create a Card!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all, go next
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1