Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eldritch moon 8-4 Draft 4

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Eldritch moon 8-4 Draft 4 Reply with quote

Back with another eldritch moon 8-4 draft, lost in finals rating still at 1824, these drafts were done consecutively so i got 0pts for going 2-1.

For the record, the way replays work now does not really tailor to talking over replays, as they just play straight through and you have to pause them any time you want to say something, which is not really practical.

The draft:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Joj2L-6GQQU&feature=youtu.be

The deck

1 Terrarion
1 Ghoulcaller's Apprentice
1 Graf Rats
1 Heir to Falkenrath
1 Olivia's Dragoon
1 Deranged Whelp
1 Tormenting Voices
1 Boon of emrakul
1 Crow of Dark Tidings
1 Skirsdag Supplicant
1 Thraben Foulbloods
1 Succumb to temptation
1 Make mischief
1 Savage Alliance
1 Uncaged Fury
1 Weaver of Lightning
1 Stromkirk Mentor
1 Spiteful Motives
1 Voldaren Duelist
1 Mightnight Scavenger
1 Alchemists Greeting
1 Reduce To Ashes
1 Dusk Feaster

9 Swamps
8 Mountains

Round 1 UR spells (2-0) my opponent gave up both games way to early and easily, weak.

Round 2 GBu stuff (2-0) Flyers took both games

Round 3 RW aggro (1-2) Game 1 he mulled to 4, game 2 his aggressive draw got me with combat tricks every time i tried to stablize. Game 3 it looked like i was going to win, until my opponet hit 7 mana and dropped bruna completley changing the game in his favour.

I think all the deck's i played in this draft were quite weak and the power level opened was perhasp a bit lower than usual.

Hope you enjoyed feedback appreciated.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack 1 pick 1, Personally I think grasp is a much stronger card than stag but thats because I do not draft green in this block.
pick 3, Oooh the foil harmless offering, slam that down, Joking! I think its between the black emerge guy or spreading flames myself, You took a slightly weaker red card IMHO.
pick 6, that emissary would be great if you had the other emerge guy... but other than him its terrarion I think.
pick 7 cemetery recruit is a fine pick.
pick 10 dusk feaster is terrible, i know its the only on color but hating is better I think
pack 2 pick 2 I think you picked correctly as weaver is slightly better for the deck you seem to be becoming and thermo only works in u/r
pick 3, prototype is easily the pick here you already have a dragoon. (which you took so thats good)
pick 4 I think otherworldly outburst is better here, than deranged (cannot read card ur text is So small)
pick 6, i think its the 2 drop vampire because it's the only playable.
pick 8 you took luniarch thing i think prophetic ravings is better here for haste.
pick 12, you took ur 3rd succumb the red card is fine and playable.
pack 3 pick 1 the best card is Not rapid bite but reduce to ashes or anything else.
pick 2, you are hate drafting as there is Nothing for you. you are not a deck for crow.
pick 3 youths is much better than the auto 2 for 1. (you took motives here)

My Word that pool was terrible, No one wins this draft.
jwebber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pick 1, Pack 1 - It's between Stag and Whelp. Whelp is a great 2 red drop, which is lacking in quality 2s, and Wolves are crazy good, but the 3 drop slot is replaceable for red. I prefer Stag because the next two cards to go are likely red (Wolves and Whelp).

Pack 2 - Rare missing, so no easy read. Boon is the best card but is it enough to go into Black? Grapple is very good, and could be the pick here to stay open. I'm not sure Green/Black is that great. No red or blue Sad I'd go with Boon.

Pack 3- Finally some information. An uncommon and a common are missing. It's probably a white or black common, and a green uncommon missing. It looks like Red/Blue may be open. This is a super pack and the turning point of the draft. While Identity Thief has some cute situational combos, I'd pick Drag Under if you're looking for blue. Spreading Flames seems better than Greeting. Abundant Maw seems best in Green Black though. And the Slayer is great especially with the Boon. Tricky pick, but I'd go with Maw here.

Pack 4 - I'd want a 2 drop here. It's Dragoons, Guardians or Druid. Dragoons seems good if you went with the Maw, but with the greeting, you need to consider Druid. If you went Slayer above, then Guardians seems fine, but you probably still want the Dragoons in WB.

Pack 5 - Scavengers seems good, but slow. Three decent cheaper white creatures here, so I'm keeping my eye on that. Green and Red seem cut off.

Pack 6 - Foul Emissary still here, looks great with Scavengers and if you had the Maw. Gorgers is speculative at this point. I didn't even consider Terrarion. Helps Delirium...

Pack 7 - I take the Mockery here over Primal Druid. More cheap white cards here. Another rare draft Harmless Offering? Guess you are trying to build Cat Pack Smile

Pack 8 - Graf Rats look fine with the 5th pick Scavengers. Wow they are always jamming Black down your throat in these drafts Smile

Pack 9 - Wow, all three blue cards are gone, including Fog Walker and Turn Aside Smile And none of the white cards, including two powerful commons (Gryff and Reserves). I like the Staff here if you've gone the Green Black route. But with your picks, I think you have to speculate on the Gryff.

Pack 10 - Late shieldmate. At this point, with what you picked you gotta go Feaster, but clearly white is wide open.

Pack 11 - The Wailing Ghoul seems fine with the Scavengers. But the 3/2 is serviceable.

The lesson of this draft is that pick 2 was the hard pick. If you went Grapple, it keeps you open for moving into White, possible White/Green or White/Red. Hard to abandon 1st and 3rd picks, but it makes more sense if you are open to getting crazy white late...

Congrats again on the wins.
jwebber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it more, the Alchemist Greeting pick is brilliant, in that if you have to abandon green, and move to Red/Black, it is great there, whereas Spreading Flames may be better in Red/Blue or Red/Green where you have ramp and defensive options.

But in that case, there is an argument to go with the Gorgers pack 6 and the Reaver in pack 7. Then in pack 9 (your opening pack) the Innkeeper tabled! So the Whelp and Wolves likely went high, which means there could be a lot of Red open in front (which you find out is true in pack 3 Smile )

The interesting part about these drafts is how many options you really have. Smile
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I lost finals of this draft.

I feel most my picks are defensible, I much prefer greeting, to spreading flames, which I've found to be under powered and to expensive.

I should have picked up an inkeeper but i just never really play the card so I do not pay much attention to it.

Your right in there were certainly a few ways i could have gone this draft.

I think the power of savage alliance pack 2 pick 1 really decided my hand, with no good alternative black option.
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
Pack 1 pick 1, Personally I think grasp is a much stronger card than stag but thats because I do not draft green in this block.
pick 3, Oooh the foil harmless offering, slam that down, Joking! I think its between the black emerge guy or spreading flames myself, You took a slightly weaker red card IMHO.
pick 6, that emissary would be great if you had the other emerge guy... but other than him its terrarion I think.
pick 7 cemetery recruit is a fine pick.
pick 10 dusk feaster is terrible, i know its the only on color but hating is better I think
pack 2 pick 2 I think you picked correctly as weaver is slightly better for the deck you seem to be becoming and thermo only works in u/r
pick 3, prototype is easily the pick here you already have a dragoon. (which you took so thats good)
pick 4 I think otherworldly outburst is better here, than deranged (cannot read card ur text is So small)
pick 6, i think its the 2 drop vampire because it's the only playable.
pick 8 you took luniarch thing i think prophetic ravings is better here for haste.
pick 12, you took ur 3rd succumb the red card is fine and playable.
pack 3 pick 1 the best card is Not rapid bite but reduce to ashes or anything else.
pick 2, you are hate drafting as there is Nothing for you. you are not a deck for crow.
pick 3 youths is much better than the auto 2 for 1. (you took motives here)

My Word that pool was terrible, No one wins this draft.

Sorry for taking this thread off topic, but I'm curious what Radioactivez thinks of this draft by arguably the best limited strategist in the world:

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-bens-eldritch-moon-draft/
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not even have to click the link to know it's the Ben stark draft where he ends up with double crow. He wanted 18 lands in that deck though.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for taking this thread off topic, but I'm curious what Radioactivez thinks of this draft by arguably the best limited strategist in the world:

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-bens-eldritch-moon-draft/[/quote]

I am sorry I did not notice this sooner and you know what Since its you Grok i'll bite. Gimme a moment and I'll go through the draft process of it and ill make a New post with comments As to not Take over Greenbear's post ok.

The link did not work
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1