Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eldritch Moon 8-4 draft 3

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Eldritch Moon 8-4 draft 3 Reply with quote

Back with another 8-4 Eldritch Moon Draft, rating sitting at 1824.

The draft:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNBMcJMVNZ4&feature=youtu.be

The deck

1 borrowed malevolence
1 Ghoulcaller's accomplice
1 Sigardian Priest
1 Olivia's Dragoon's
1 True-faith Censer
1 Borrowed Grace
1 Chocking Restraints
2 Ironclad Slayer
1 Pious Evangel
2 Tooth Collector
2 Apothecary Geist
1 Sanctifer of Souls
2 Spectral Reserves
2 Faithbearer Paladin
1 Certain Death
1 Noosegraf Mob
1 Brauna the Fading Light

10 Plains
8 Swamps

sb cards of note

1 silverstrike
2 Lunarch Mantle
1 Farbog Renevant

The Rounds

Round 1 vs UGb emerge 2-1, his deck was insane, duskwatch recuiter, jace, lashweed lurker, double wretched griff, the hexproof eldrazi with flash, it of the horrids swarm, with multiple enablers and black splashed for removal. I lost game 1 decked him game 2 after recurring chocking restraints twice with iron clad slayer, silver striking and certain death, air pressure meant he was never able to make a good ground attack.
Game 3 depite my opponet drawing jace and duskwatch recuiter again like he did every game i managed to get him in the air. I never drew brauna or noosegraf mob in any of the games how i won i will never know.

Round 2 RW aggro, easy 2-0 the life gain and bombs prove to much.

Round 3 RW controlish 2-1 my opponet had multiple priests, removal spells, spreading flames, ride down faith unbroken, it was likely i would have lost but my opponent was playing slowly and ran out of time game 3.

Hope you enjoy feedback appreciated.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like there's a very good case to be made in going down to 17 lands to play a Lunarch Mantle. That card gets so much better with double Slayer.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right that mantle gets much better with double slayer and had i not picked up the true faith censer i almost certainly would have played one.

Cutting a land definitely feels wrong to me though with a 7 and two sixs, with two of the three being, bomb game winners, you want to get on the field asap.

I'm really not sure what you could cut for a mantle but I'm certainly not adverse to having one main deck, as you say with two slayers it does become a lot better.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I comment, i notice your first few cards. I wonder do you enjoy drafting Black? just noticed you seem to be there a lot.

onward to the Draft itself

Pack 1 pick 1, While i agree 100% on your pick, i wonder why do people mention priest I find her to be terrible because normally what you want to tap is Human.. and she gets stuck not tapping things.
pick 2, alliance is the much better pick as it kills an attacker, and you get to untap and ambush other attackers.
pick 3, 3rd pick bruna??? take it fast would not even look at rest of pack.
pick 4 well white dried up hmm, I would grab the 02 Eldrazi maker. I think paladin is too slow 5 mana for a 3/4 lifelink is just not enough to get me happy.
pick 5 I think its evolution or terriaon
pick 6 you know I am going to say tree is better. I would still take tree even if I took the other stuff as I would be debating that second color.
pick 7 long road home is easily the best card for us
pick 8 Campaign of vengence is a fine pick you have no auras or euips for the 3/2 guy.
pick 9 correct pick with or without him.
pick 10 campaign or cemetery recruit only picks....SMH
pick 11, that card is unpayable, take the gavony.
pick 12 take sigard's whatever over grapple.
pick 13, displace. (I am more for taking a playable for someone else than a card that is not playable for anyone)
pick 14, Plains. just cause
Pack 2, pick 1, I am not sure mob is strong as every spell weakens it. but since I would alread be in back somewhat I would take it. For you the 90% white deck I would take it or terrarion.
pick 2 fully agree.
pick 3 nothing here is really good as you only have 2 auras so you still only need 1 ironclad i guess the second may come into play later assuming we get more auras, nomally its 1 ironclad for ever 3-4 auras
pick 4 certain death is the pick and you ony need 17 lands. rift just is too much mana for so little as you need bodys for sanctifie to be useful.
pick 5 you picked fast but I agree
pick 6 dragoon no contest (I already had a death so I assume if you took it 2 picks ago you would have taken dragoon now)
pick 7, laughing but yes dragoon again
pick 9 terraion..nothing else is on color or playable (hating him is fine)
pick 10 take the green guy just cause he is human and you want priest to be useful.
pack 3 pick 1, some very strong cards I would probably take Pious evangel here as he is the better card for our deck. To the slaughter rarely works how you want it to. it would be pious or Not forgotten for me as not forgotten is a good way to bring back any card and we do have quite a few bombs. Also Pious is human so Bruna likes him. (I assumed you would take slaughter.)
pick 2..Nothing for us. hate draft the rare. or if we must get a card take the Ghoul.
pick 3 tooth man nothing else worth passing him.
pick 4 1/3 guy really nice pickup.
pick 5 tenacity wins easily as true faith sucks.
pick 6 another tooth. nice.
pick 8 would mainboard it
Mantle > censor, mainly because mantle gives flying.
pick 9 forgotten or expose evil (if I had taken those gavony people I would consider the vampire mainly as a sac outlet and with pious can be very good if we start sacing spirits.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Black is just always open. Red is never open anymore which makes me sad.

I really can not understand, half your comments, you never indicate which card i picked and often i can not remember, half the time i took the same card and your still garbling on, like your an expert when in fact your not qualified to do the job.

Campaign of vengeance is awful, tenacity is normally the better pick, but this deck did not need the life gain, making it much worse. Tree is terrible also.

If your playing 7 and two 6's you need 18 lands these are basic deck building rules.
Grok

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, you drafted a good deck even though I disagree with a few decisions. Still, I wonder how informative it is to only post drafts that you 3-0. If it's just a coincidence that you won the last 3 drafts you recorded, so be it. But the fact that you also post your rating every time makes me suspect that you are cherry picking your drafts. Usually I learn more from watching people deal with difficult situations or pilot bad decks than sail through an easy draft. Just a thought.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks.

I do cherry pick to some extent. I do not post first round losses as a rule, we all saw how david ocha an esteemed pro damaged his reputation by continuously posting first round losses. The internet can be a mean place so I just do not like opening myself up to that sort of criticism, if it takes little for people to do that to a top pro it will take even less for them to do it to me.

I do occasionally post second round defeats if i think it was an interesting draft. With this format though i normally lose first round or win the draft. I just recorded a draft where i lost finals, I will probably post in the next few days, I have no problem posting finals losses, its just all 3-0 or 0-1 for me atm.

The videos are meant to be some what exemplary, I think if i'm turning a profit at the format, I can call the videos exemplary to some extent. Once again this is why i mostly post finals wins and losses, as those are the drafts i consider a success.

I feel that if i was a top pro, people would be interested in my first round losses. But as someone who just has a higher than usual rating on magic-online, most people are just interested in seeing winning draft strategies and methods maybe I'm wrong about this do let me know.

I'm by no means claiming its all is perfect though far from it and I would be interested to know where you disagreed with me, your posts always seem logical and well thought out and I know you did have a high ml limited rating, so do not think I will not give your opinions any weight.

I never show the actual game play anymore as it generated very little interest and I have always felt my own commentary, to be dull and not particularity detailed, I always have to focus to much on my play to explain myself sadly. Once again if people would be interested in seeing actual game play just let me know, I'm willing to give it another try.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For gameplay, you could always just watch the replays and do your commentary there. That way you won't have to worry about commentary during the matches, and your commentary afterwards can be more focused.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I'm certainly willing to try doing that again I'm just not certain if mode has changed the replay system. I will look into it.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason you fail to understand some of my comments and some of my rambling is very simple. I Write my comment While watching your draft, and I respond to you. So if you say something on the video I respond to it. Example we both picked the same card but you made a comment that another card is very powerful. I may be commenting on that comment you made. Also about my rambling, I am overly honest no matter what, I have a thought i say it, or in the case of online I type it. I will always be this way.

Campaign of vengeance is okish. In the right deck it can be a force to be reckoned with as you are gaining too much life for them to poke away. Yes you have to be aggressive for it to work, so you may side it out when you have to play defensive.

I may go over to 42 at most in a deck but I will NEVER add an extra land unless its Zendikar and the lands have spell-like abilities. The golden rule is 23/17 I try to adhere to that.

Red is not open because red is the hands down best color of EMN and probably the deepest as well so people take a mediocre card and are able to force it without much resistance. Black is probably the worst if not second worst color of EMN hence no one wants to be there. I applaud you for being there and liking it.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now your telling me things i was telling other people back in my eldrictch moon draft impressions video, the difference is i was saying them before anyone else was saying these things, on the web at least.

Just try and put what card i picked in the future, in the post, or you may as well be talking to yourself.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Now your telling me things i was telling other people back in my eldrictch moon draft impressions video, the difference is i was saying them before anyone else was saying these things, on the web at least.

Just try and put what card i picked in the future, in the post, or you may as well be talking to yourself.

hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahah hahahahahah hahaha, I said these Same things in my draft post on the web about the set, I have been saying that red is the best color since the set came out on cockatrice. I did not even listen to your video so How could I steal your words. I will try to put the card you pick in the notes, since I cannot expect you to Rewatch yourself draft with my comments in mind.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did i ever say, you stole my words. What I said was your telling me things I've been telling other people, you do that a lot.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i am only saying what I have said from day 1 If that agree wth what you said then so be it but I did not know what you said so there. Do not accuse me of plagiarizing you. To say that I am saying what you already said is accusing me of plagiarizing you. I have not done so. My last comment was not meant as Sarcasm but i was laughing at that statement
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i tell people the earth is flat, then three days later you tell me the earth is flat, despite you seeing me saying this to other people. I'm not accusing you of plagiarizing me (and honestly who cares it's magic the gathering not something important, get a life) what I'm saying is I clearly already know this, there is no need to tell me.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2