Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 362

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to judge?
PJ33

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll judge tonight. Sorry got 3 kids and my weekend got hairy fast haha.
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, really cool card designs. Hard to choose a winner here, but Iíll try.

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Quinrare, Renowned Recruiter
GGG
Legendary Creature-Elf
Rare

Other Elf creatures get +1/+1.
Tap 3 untapped Elf creatures you control:Search your library for an Elf Creature Card and put it into the battlefield tapped. Activate this ability only once per turn.

1/4

He finds allies where no-one else could find them.

Edit: Balanced it.

COOL FACTOR: 3/5
I like the card, feels strong, itís got a neat ability that really requires you to be committed to elves. Love the tutoring effect, super powerful with something like Shaman of the Pack. But itís more of a modification of an existing effect rather than a new innovated effect, which is why I went with 3 out of 5.

FLAVOR FACTOR: 4/5
The flavor is perhaps the coolest thing about this card. I could have seen this as an ally in the Zendikar block, and it would have been a 5/5 rather than a 4/5, but still itís great and the text at the bottom is so good. Well done.

BALANCE FACTOR: 5/5
Price is expensive enough that it requires a mana commitment that can be hard to hit. Though Elves typically come with some mana dorks that give you green mana, so you could realistically play this on turn 3 with 3 elves on the board and use it to tutor up a shaman for a quick 4 to the face. Still I think the price and effects are nicely balanced.

POWER FACTOR: 4/5
In Modern/Legacy, the power of this card is amazing, simply because of how quickly it can snowball with token makers, Shaman, and all the other Synergy of the elf cards. Standard, there just arenít enough elves to do this justice. So I balanced my score on this one, Legacy/Modern 5/5, Standard 3/5 for a 4/5

Total: 16/20 Great work.

AlexPistols wrote:
The Shadowed One
BBBB
Legendary creature - Human Assassin
Mythic Rare
1/1
Hexproof, Deathtouch
As long as there are no other creatures on the battlefield, The Shadowed One loses hexproof and gets +4/+4
A
Other assassin creatures you control get +1/+1 and have deathtouch
Tap: The Shadowed One deals 1 damage to target creature

For every plan, he has 2 backup plans.

Well this is a tribe that came out of no where.

COOL FACTOR: 5/5
Itís so much fun. The idea of the assassin being more powerful when itís alone, but also making the other assassins better, great play.

FLAVOR FACTOR: 4/5
Again, going back to flavor and cool. I think this card just oozes both.

BALANCE FACTOR: 2/5
I think you over-priced it. You could have given it one more ability or reduced the price of the card by either 2-colored mana or just down to BBB and it would have been great. As it is, this card and the entire deck are going to get demolished by something like languish. Which could easily be held against an assassin deck until you play this.

POWER FACTOR: 2/5
Your deck has to be fast to win with this card. But the problem is most assassin cards donít have the power to get enough damage through, especially with a lack of trample/haste, etc.

Total: 13/20 Really nice card, just think it needed a bit more to really shine.

Stucco wrote:
Weekhi, Warren Warmonger...................RR
Legendary Creature - Goblin Warrior......M

Haste

Whenever you attack with two or more Goblins, put a 1/1 red Goblin creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.

2/2

Weíve seen cards like this before, theyíre really powerful, but this doesnít feel super new. I do like some of the twists you added to it, so letís go ahead and judge it.

COOL: 1/5
Iím going to judge you a little harshly on cool factor because of the fact that thereís a similar card to this in Goblins. I like it and itís a good card, but Iíve seen it.

FLAVOR: 3/5
Again, weíve seen this card in Goblins before, but I think the addition of haste and needed additional goblins to attack really pay this card off.

BALANCE: 3/5
You did a really good job with Balance for the most part. The card needs a 1 drop to go off, which Goblins have plenty of, itís tough enough to survive itís first attack most of the time and give you a goblin to replace it.

POWER: 4/5
In a Goblin deck, if you had a piledriver, plus a couple hasty creatures, this card could go off fast. Itís really powerful in my opinion for the price.

Total: 11/20. Good take on an existing card.

Thelemys wrote:

The Gardener BG
Legendary Creature - Human Insect R
Sacrifice a Plant creature: you may put a +1/+1 counter on target Insect creature, it gains hexproof and menace until end of turn.
Whenever an Insect creature dies, you may put a 1/1 green Plant creature token on to the battlefield.
"Nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed."A Lavoisier
2/2

HOLY POOP BALLS THIS CARD IS WEIRD.

In a totally good way.

COOL: 5/5
Iíve literally never seen anything like this and I love it. Would totally make GU a thing in our current standard. Itís so cool, I love the replacement, the sacrifice, everything. Awesome.

FLAVOR: 5/5
Again, itís just really a flavorful card, the idea that the insect gets bigger by eating a plant. That a plant sprouts from the death of an insect, itís the circle of life!

BALANCE: 4/5
This card is too cheap in my personal opinion. I understand why you went two mana rather than 3, so it didnít compete with Nissa, but if you untapped on turn three with this, youíd go nuts.

POWER: 5/5
Itís got a big old target on it. But itís got ways to get around it. If you played Jaddai offshoot on turn one, followed it up with this, your opponent essentially has to wipe you to get it off the board.

Total: 19/20 I want this card now.

GreenBear wrote:
Bear Warlord GGGG legendary bear mythic rare

When bear warlord comes into play you may reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a non bear, non land card. You may cast any bears revealed this way with out paying there mana cost. Shuffle the remaining revealed cards back into your library.

2/2

I see an army coming captain, its an army of bears, I have never seen so many bears united in all my life.

So broken. So fun. So flavorful.

COOL: 5/5
Just get out. This is such a cool card, so fun and demands a deck be built around it.

FLAVOR: 3/5
Itís a little weird, but I like it. I donít normally think of Bear Packs.

BALANCE: 2/5
Itís not. But itís fun.

POWER: 5/5
Itís broken AF. You get a low score on balance, but a high as hell score on power, until this card gets banned.

Total: 15. Broken card is broken, but damnit it if I wouldnít love building a deck around it.

---------------------------------------

OctoOoze wrote:
Trump's Wall UWR
Legendary Creature-Wall
Defender
Walls you control have indestructible
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 0/* wall token where * is the number of walls you control.

0/6

No one builds walls better then me, believe me -Trump

(this is actually a legit submission except for the trump part)

Not sure how you win with an army of walls in a UWR deck, but Iíd love to find a way.

Fun card. Iím not wowed by what it does, but I am wowed that you would think of making a wall tribal deck.

FLAVOR FACTOR: 2/5
Again, walls are a bit dull, but you made them at least a little interesting.

BALANCE FACTOR: 5/5
For what it does itís perfectly priced. It forces someone to spend real removal on which means it gives you time to do what you want to do.

POWER: 3/5
Yes it can run away with the game quickly, but Iím really not worried about it running away with the game, especially if Iíve got something like Dec in stone to give me an alpha strike.

Total: 13/15 Nice submission. I got a good chuckle from the flavor etc.

triplekriz wrote:
Lord Lhur
GWRUB
Legendary Creature- Lhurgoyf
Mythic

When Lord Lhur enters the battlefield, search your library for 2 lhurgoyfs and place them on the battlefield

* is equal to the number of lhurgoyfs on the battlefield and in all graveyards.

*/*

Again, an unusual tribe to select, but a cool card.

Nothing really jumps out at me that makes me say wow, but itís powerful enough that itís interesting.

FLAVOR FACTOR: 3/5
Again, the flavor is right, thereís just not a lot of it.

Balance: 4/5
Itís expensive, but it needs to be because youíre playing with a powerful effect and a very powerful tribe. I think itís balanced by the fact that you have to have 5 colors to play it.

POWER: 3/5
I said this about an earlier card, this card is a bomb in Legacy/Modern. Itís non-existent in Standard.

Total: 16/20 good card.

Congrats Thelemys.

Youíve got 24 hours to put your CAC up or the next highest score goes.
Stucco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good judging, thank you!
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um ok WTF?!?! I am not mad that thelemys won I am mad that for the second time I submitted a card and was not even Judged!!!! What is the point of CAC if the maker just decides to skip your card?! Also U/g is a viable archetype in standard right now I am currently running an u/g evolution deck that evolves 3 drops into reality smashers
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also skipped my card. Milana does not approve.
PJ33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I'm super sorry radioactivez I missed your card. I saw your first line and thought you were commenting. That said I think your card is awesome. I like the balance and flavor a lot. I would still give the edge to Thel just for the novelty of his card.

Cool factor 5/5
I love the idea of the dryad helping you find and play forests it's a good flavor and a cool function. The shroud effect is really powerful and with gnarlwood the discard effect helps you enable delirium.

Flavor 5/5 for all the same as the cool flavor

Balance 3/5

Price is right but the shroud for all dryads including her plus the indestuctibilty and tutoring just makes her nearly important aspect blue to get off the board

Power 5/5
See balance but here it's a good thing
PJ33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok your submission was also good but it was past the deadline. And while I know I was late it would be unfair to judge yours in the same competition I will give you a score later if you'd like
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJ33 wrote:
Grok your submission was also good but it was past the deadline. And while I know I was late it would be unfair to judge yours in the same competition I will give you a score later if you'd like

I was only kidding, you don't have to judge mine. This is all just for fun anyway. However, you didn't actually state that there was a deadline in the original post, just that you would judge on Saturday, which you didn't. Because you didn't judge yet, I figured that I could still submit a design. I'm not sure how fairness factors into this either, as there's no financial incentive to win and I doubt anyone spent more than 10 minutes working on their submission. I just spent my 10 minutes later because I was on vacation.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not offended and I don't want you to retroactively do anything. Just pointing out the weirdness of your response.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only got mad because I was just skipped in another CAC infact it was 3 CACs ago. Thank you though for judging. I just got irritated about being skipped for a second time.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
I went with a Tribe not really represented well in MTG. My idea would be the Set would bring them back some.

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/leandria-queen-of-the-dryads
In the hurry of judging, you may not seen your post as a card submission Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2