Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eldritch moon draft 1 8-4

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Eldritch moon draft 1 8-4 Reply with quote

Back with another eldritch moon draft 8-4 style, I'm not going to bother with the rounds anymore, as they generate so little interest (I know my commentating is crap, i have to concentrate to much on the game to talk and also much of magic commentating is playing captain obvious).

The draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND6rcGOO4VA&feature=youtu.be

The deck

1 borrowed malevolence
1 thranben gargoyle
1 sinister concoction
1 daring sleuth
1 unsubstantiate
1 wailing ghoul
1 murderous compulsion
1 graf rats
1 exultant cultist
1 ingenious skab
1 farbog renevant
1 boon of emrakul
1 drownyard explorer
3 enlightened maniac
1 fortunes favor
1 midnight scavenger
2 wretched gryff
1 distended mindbender
1 vexing scuttler
1 drownyard behemoth

9 islands
8 swamps

Round 1 2-1 rb madness (with dark salvation)

Round 2 2-0 gw humans (with brauna the fading light)

Round 3 2-1 uw spirits (with jace, unraveler of secrets)

Rating sitting at 1855:D

Hope you enjoyed.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word of advice. Put a few enters between the draft link and the decklist, no one wants to see the list before they see the process. With that in mind you list is why I did not bother to watch as Sinister concoction is Never pickable. Basic mountain is a better card. Same goes for wailing ghoul. These cards should never make your 40.

Well what the heck lets watch,

Pack 1 pick 1.. there is nothing but mindbender to pick. thats sad but that pack was Awful.
pack 1 pick 2, Scabb was better pick or even spreading flames.

I am sorry but you sounded terrible. I gave up watching
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah clearly your a better drafter than me, all the evidence would suggest so. LOL.
AlterSad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that radioactivez guy for real? He must be a troll
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlterSad wrote:
Is that radioactivez guy for real? He must be a troll

No I am quite real. and I would never use either of those mentioned cards in my deck as both are unplayable. I do not understand why people would settle for putting trash in their deck. TBH if this were me I would have dropped round 1 rather then play with those in my list. like I cannot imagine why you ever pick them.
AlterSad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zombie sucks but it's definitely playable and the Concoction is one of the better uncommons out there. I shouldn't even write this, i guess we're talking about different games.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if he is a troll or not.

The zombie is not good, but i just needed early spells to survive my late game is amazing. I had better cards in my sideboard but preferred a defensive early creature as its what the deck needed. I prefer the 1/3 body to a 2/2 2/1, as a single 1/3 body can potentially hold back 2 2/1's, a 2/2 and a 2/1 or a 2/1 and a 2/3 if i get to the late game, I'm winning every game that's why the card was included over cards like storm spirit which were in my sideboard. It also has synergy with vexing scuttler, which actually did come up in the games.

The comment about concoction, is why people think you are a troll, its really good.

I could have just gave up and been a loser like you before I had even played a game, but i choose to play and won so, very glad I don't share your defeatist attitude:)

As the famous saying goes, winners focus on winning, losers focus on winners.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only gave up bro because your sound was terrible. but I would rather play the 2/2 or even the 1/1 before a 1/3 that hurts me 2 cards. Concoction costs you 3.5 cards for 1 card... This is Never worth it in my book. I could not sleeve either of those with any intent on winning.

You call me a loser because of your poor video quality. I focus on making everyone better because its what I do.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self-milling doesn't cost you any cards. There is no card disadvantage in Wailing Ghoul.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm calling you a loser because you choose to give up at the first sign of adversity, ie I have to play a below par card in my deck.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called Standards bro. I refuse to disrespect my opponent by not coming at them at full strength. I expect the same. Why would I weaken myself wth as you put it "below par" cards? I would rather take the loss then have to make them sit through games I gave no effort in trying to win. I will never cast wailing ghoul as i'll not take it. Also I firmly disagree with you. Milling is card loss unless you have ways to interact with the yard but you do not have enough. I do think self mill can be a technique but not in limited as you cannot build it right due to lack of synergy and consistency. You rather me be Awful and "try to hold my head high" while playing trash cards?? why? its not like anyone ever wins playing ghoul. They either lose or they take victories they did not earn. I prefer my games be fought fair and man vs man not one player trying to win while the other trolls.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope you are a troll.
Grok

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radioactivez and I have discussed this very topic many times. I don't know if he simply forgot what conclusions we came to, or if he was only pretending to understand my point of view, but I really thought he was past this petty idea of "pride" and self-milling being card disadvantage.

At one point I brought up how self-milling was actually a great payoff in Khans of Tarkir draft, where it was essentially mana ramp for delve spells. I even got him to admit that Rakshasa's Secret was a decent card because it stapled two medium effects onto a card in a slow format with delve that wanted both of them.

The fact that Radio is still peddling these same arguments for no reason, after he admitted to me that he could see how ridiculous they sounded, means that he is only trolling at this point and has no interest in discussing real strategy or improving at this game. That's just sad. You can't get better if you blindly follow illogical notions of pride and never question your own beliefs.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least he generated some discussion on the thread, even if it wasn't really about drafting.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok, how about you keep what I said in correct context. in an enviroment with graveyard interaction and a deck built correctly yes, that card could be good. but EMN/EMN/SOI does not have delve. Also they are discarding 2 cards in that case...the 1/3 does not add up to that. he only hurts you. I see no benefit of having him out there and I will not ever play or pick him. The fact that you can is beyond me. but alas. It seems once again that people are under the impression that you have to play bad cards in draft.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2