Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic IQ questions

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject: Magic IQ questions Reply with quote

I was wondering how many magic questions people can think of that could fit into the much maligned IQ test.

For example ancestral recall is to ancestral visions as lightning bolt is to?

and the answer would be rift bolt.

Last edited by GreenBear on Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
aule

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mana tithe : X as Arrogant Wurm : Reckless Wurm (Force Spike)
Diabolic Tutor : Demonic tutor as X : Cancel(Counterspell)

Ill add more as I think of them.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I've though of another now

careful study, is to faithless looting, as lava spike, is to bump in the night.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much IQ test Qs but MTG knowledge questions...

1) Complete the sequences:

a) Land, Creature, Artifact, Planeswalker, ______?

b) Forcespike, Rune Snag, Mana Leak, ______?

c) Bloodbirth Viper, Ophidian, ______?

2) Who am I? :

a) I am a legacy staple, cheap, soft and free but bouncey.

b) I have 1 cmc and what happens to me happens to you.

c) I am the blade for machines.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenbear your ?? is as to this as ?? is to this make Zero sense. you are just taking cards that are similar and putting them together, Bump in the night and lava spike are Very different cards as are careful study and faithless looting. No to mention mana leak, rune snag and force spike are vastly different also, mana leak and rune snag are close but force spike does not belong in this sentence as its horrible. lightning bolt deals 3 damage for 1 mana Rift bolt deals 3 damage "later on". same goes for recall and visions Also recall can be aimed at your opponent. Diabolic tutor is horrible while demonic is good. Same goes for cancel and counterspell. I do not see how this makes any sense
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
greenbear your ?? is as to this as ?? is to this make Zero sense. you are just taking cards that are similar and putting them together, Bump in the night and lava spike are Very different cards as are careful study and faithless looting. No to mention mana leak, rune snag and force spike are vastly different also, mana leak and rune snag are close but force spike does not belong in this sentence as its horrible. lightning bolt deals 3 damage for 1 mana Rift bolt deals 3 damage "later on". same goes for recall and visions Also recall can be aimed at your opponent. Diabolic tutor is horrible while demonic is good. Same goes for cancel and counterspell. I do not see how this makes any sense

LOL
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:

OK, so Greenbear did not mention Rune Snag...
Sooo your post is trollage?

Complete the sequence (in IQ tests requests you to see a theme in the items presented and predict the next item) Thus:

Force Spike "unless they pay 1," "Rune Snag (taken by itself - "unless they pay 2," Mana Leak "unless they pay 3." it makes perfect sense...

See if you can figure out the: "Who am I?" questions.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convolute, the 3 make counter from EMN
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radioactivez, it works by spotting trends the difference between recall and visions, is recall is an instant, visions is a sorcery, and has suspended, the effect the cards produce once cast are identical. In the same vein lightning bolt, is a instant, whilst rift bolt is a sorcery, that also has suspend, that is once again once cast identical to the other spell.

It works the same with the careful study example, except the cards have different colours now and both have a flashback cost. however its less good an example, as lava spike deals damage, whilst bump in the night is life loss.

See if you can come up with one:)

I agree with lord cuddles on convolute

the who am I the first one is daze

b I have no idea

c skullclamp cranial plating maybe I'm not sure

I can not work out the land, creature, artifact, planeswalker question

c on the complete the sequence is clearly an ophidian creature that costs less than 3 mana, but I have no idea what that card is.

All good fun.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just worked out the what happens to me happens to you one, its jackal pup.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Convolute, correct! Jackal Pup - Well played! Daze - Correct!

Complete the sequence

a) 'permanent types' = Enchantment.

b) 'Mono blue snake creatures' = Ribbon snake

Who am I?

c) I didn't invent this one - but Sword of the Meek is apparently the correct answer....
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1