Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cac 360 JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

What do you like about CaC?
Inventiveness
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Cool to see new ideas
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Fun to play
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Makes you feel like a designer
41%
 41%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

Bluejay216

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diverse Blood
RRR

When you cast Diverse Blood deal 3 damage to target creature

Blood Drain-If you were to kill a creature with this card deal 2 damage to each player.
KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burn At All Cost - 1R
Instant - Common

Deal 2 damage to target creature or player.

Ęther Sacrifice 2 - You may Sacrifice a creature and pay 2 mana instead of playing this cards mana cost.

For without fire, there is no survival
johnpyp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonded Dryad GG
Creature - Dryad

Synthesis - As this creature enters the battlefield, you may have it enter as a copy of target creature you control with synthesis. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, if it has synthesis, you may have this creature become a copy of that creature.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

1/1
Morpheus2222

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Bear

BG
Creature - Bear

Shyness (Whenever this creature becomes target of a spell or ability return it to its owners hand)

2/2

"Don't Look at it Don't Point at it. Or it will return to the woods" - Tireless Tracker
aule

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bant Homebase
Land - Plains Island Forest

~ ETB tapped.
When ~ ETB, sacrifice it unless you pay (W/U/G)
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elvish Thaumaturgist G

Creature - Elf [Common]

Conduit (When you cast a spell that shares a type with this creature, you may tap this creature to pay for 1 or G of that spell's cost.)

1/1
OctoOoze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophecy of the Sphinx - 2U
Sorcery - C

Scry 2, then draw a card.

Download-You may discard a card that shares a color with this spell as you cast it. If you do copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging...
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are very nice cards!
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging will be posted today
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note I'm keeping both the Mechanic and the card on judging.

Quality-5
Interactiveness-5
Printability-5
Complexity=Common and correct color pie-10
Maximum Score-25

AlexPistols-Lone Hunter

Simplistic and elegant, as the hunter gets better when you are alone. Lone Wolf has appeared before on text, such as in Homicidal Seclusion, but's it's nice to have it. I think it'd be better to lose the reach for complexity purposes, but that's all.

Q-4
I-5
P-3
C-7

Total: 19

Antalagor-Divest

First off, love the card name. Seems expensive, and the card seems more uncommon than common, since 'sacrifice' can be confusing for newer players. A way to do this might be 'This card costs (1) less for each basic Island you control'. Otherwise, an interesting card.

Q-2
I-4
P-4
C-8
Total-18

Jinete-Teenage Mosher
Red bear with a neat ability. However, that's what pushes it over common. Furthermore, those Mosh counters stack for each card with Mosh Pit, which I assume was the point. But 4 cards with Mosh pit out and 2 deal combat damage AT ALL, 8 counters will be placed on each creature. So, just a tad OP when stacked.

Q-2
I-4
P-2
C-7
Total-15

radioactivez-Robber from the Rift

This card should be a rare, no question. Modal and Prowess has the complexity of a rare, and the wording is hard to understand. This seems like you trade damage for an effect, which isn't good to start with, as players like to deal damage. Furthermore, this card should be 1UB in mana cost, as hybrid mana makes it too easy to cast. In essence, you need to tone down that complexity.

Q=1
I-2
P-1
C-4
Total-8

Thelemys-Gregarious Baloth

The card is balanced, but the mechanic is a problem. A good idea to try, but I doubt this has suitability to be a good mechanic. To be a good mechanic, it needs to work in all complexities, like how Delirium and Metalcraft work. Also, using your opponents permanents as something to worry about may make the game confusing for younger players. In short, good card, bad mechanic.

Q-5
I-4
P-3
C-5
Total-17

AxiomBlurr-Lux Psalm

Good in an Limited environment, but not in constructed, but that's ok. Tapping a creature down for two is common-worthy, albeit expensive, and exiling helps in the card. The only thing I can say is to try and refine your mechanic, as it seems clunky right now.

Q-4
I-5
P-4
C-9
Total-22

Stucco- Realm Cartographer

Good card idea, and the mechanic has some space to fit into, with etb/LTB effects as well as creatures. The only problem that I can see is that the card has uncommon complexity with its ETB. In short, the mechanic is great, but not the card.

Q-3
I-3
P-4
C-7
Total-17

Grok-Leyline Predator

Great idea, but revealing from your hand seems hard to do, especially when you want to be playing those lands instead of holding onto them. A change of making the mechanic 'This spell costs 1 less to cast for each basic land you control as you cast it.' That would make a good card in my opinion.

EDIT: I just got what Grok had meant, for if you are mana flooded in the game. However, most players still want a reason to play lands, not to hold them in your hand. If you're flooded, you are going to be playing your lands. This makes the card worse late game while only good early game under a mana flood. Thus, the score doesn't change.

Q-4
I-4
P-2
C-9
Total-19

PJ33-Incensed Raptor

Nice card! The only problem, once again, is complexity and lots of metagaming for this to work well. Also note that lands are colorless in this matter. So, great card in inventiveness, but once again, it's too complex aat common.

Q-3
I-5
P-2
C-8
Total-18

Bluejay216-Diverse Blood

Very fitting, and I can see the card being played. Only concern here is the intensive mana restriction, as RRR is hard to play with in any format. 2R would be better suites to it. Also, Card Type?

Q-5
I-4
P-1
C-6
Total-16

Known-Burn at All Cost
Good card, except that it destroys the color pie. It could be used as a Green Shock, which kills it. Maybe by making it a Sorcery, and changing the text to something along the lines of 'Ęther Sacrifice 1 - You may Sacrifice a creatureof this card's color and pay 1 mana instead of playing this cards mana cost.' would work better. In short, the mechanic is broken.

Q-4
I-4
P-0
C-7
Total-15

johnpyp-Bonded Dryad

Great card, as it turns a bad card into a bomb. You could, however, simplify it into 'Synthesis - As this creature enters the battlefield, you may have it enter as a copy of target creature you control with synthesis.' As the latter part may as well be errata. Otherwise, good card.

Q-4
I-5
P-4
C-7
Total-20

Morpheus2222-Black Bear
Pseudo Shroud with combo potential with more complex cards, nice. My only concern is why you'd add black. Sure, it's a black bear, but its still just a part of nature and has nothing to do with black's part of the color pie. With Bear Necessities of it being a 2/2. Smile

Q-5
I-3
P-5
C-7
Total-20

aule-Bant Homebase

No Mechanic, no score above 0.
Total-0

ShamedShadow-Elvish Thaumaturgist
Like Converge with creatures, good idea. Problems are that there's limited design space, especially with rarer cards. Strip the keyword off, and it'd be a pretty nice card.

Q-4
I-3
P-3
C-10
Total- 20
OctoOoze-Prophecy of the Sphinx

This card is broken beyond belief. Omnipotence for 3 mana, to start with. A way to fix this is to make it same CMC too, but that's still pretty broken. A broken mechanic power-level wise bit a nice way to do things.
Q-3
I-2
P-0
C-6
Total-11

Congrats to Axiomblurr for winning this CaC and well done to those participating in it! Hope this experience helps with future CaCs!

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stucco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure how copying a creature is complex, but I do appreciate the judging. Cheers
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco, the complexity was in discarding with it's restrictions. Hard to build around at all.
Stucco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, okay, ty
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestion for my card would just be Affinity for basic lands, which I think is way too powerful. With only 3 basic lands you will always be able to cast this as a common 3/4 for 3 mana.

The way I designed it, if you play 3 lands and have 3 more in hand (which probably means you are flooded) you get a 3/4 for 3, which is a nice self-balancing feature in limited. If you don't have more lands, each one you draw will reduce the cost of a card with Land Siphon by 1. It doesn't matter if you put it into play or reveal it from your hand, it doesn't change your net total number of lands which is all the mechanic cares about. As long as you have 6 basic lands split between the battlefield and your hand, you will be able cast Leyline Predator, so your criticism that it makes you not want to play lands doesn't make much sense (unless you are saving up to play multiple cards with Land Siphon in one turn).

In terms of constructed, again this mechanic gives you a cheap creature when you are flooded, but it also allows for all kinds of cool combos in land-based decks like Borborymos Enraged. Cards that merely search your deck for lands to put into your hand suddenly become mana ramp, like Pilgrim's Eye and the flip Nissa. Maybe it's not apparent on the surface, but I think this is a relatively deep cost-reduction mechanic that is also easily balanced.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3