Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corrupt Judge...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Corrupt Judge... Reply with quote

Hey all,

I was recently kicked out of and banned from a standard trial today because of a corrupt judge. He failed to contact me when the round started and I arrived 6 minutes after pairings were up to find I had been awarded a game loss.... Now keep in mind neither my opponent nor said judge tried to contact me AT ALL. I start spamming jinete because I thought he was joking and then he was like OK now you get a match loss I was laughing out loud by now and went online to the floor rules and copy pasted the section about tardiness to jinete in PM and then proceeded to get banned for "harassing players"

Here are the screenshots: (I didn't take one of the PM because all it had was the floor rules) http://imgur.com/a/b7Um5

P.S. the whole time this was happening I had to go to the bathroom VERY badly but I was trying to work this out with jinete...
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a screenshot of this incase jinete removes it
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're late 10 minutes for your match. You receive a matchloss for that. The ruling given by Jinete_dV was correct.

It is your responsibility to show up for your match.
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
You're late 10 minutes for your match. You receive a matchloss for that. The ruling given by Jinete_dV was correct.

It is your responsibility to show up for your match.

I was there 6 minutes after ready to play on my OWN ACCORD. Jinete and my opponent made no effort to contact me. no mentions, pms, nothing. I start flipping out out of anger and because it was funny imo. Jinete then proceeds to say you have a match loss (even though I was in the room 6 minutes after room went up WITHOUT BEING NOTIFIED). I prove jinete wrong by copy pasting the floor rules which CLEARLY state that an effort has to be made to contact the opponent... NO EFFORT WAS MADE. Finally he decides to ban me for 4 hours for "player harrasment" which I honestly don't understand.

Jinete is a corrupt judge and this isn't the first time he has done something like this.
dschidi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
If anybody care about my opinion:
I agree, that it feels a bit "unfair" to get a game loss WITHOUT being mentioned. So I would have felt frustrated about that too, no question. But then i think u should have made a cross on it and fight back to win the other 2 games. Dont make a big thing of it. If the judge ruled for ur favour, then ur opponent would had reasons to complain. So... i guess the ruling is ok, but i can feel with u.
On the other Side it shows how important it is for Judges to mention everyone for pairings (maybe @all) and/or for Players to try to contact opponents.
Players should also know: it would be far more easy for the judges, when the ML-Name is the same as in cockatrice.
So far... lets try to have fun and keep going friendly.
GD
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.

If someone wasn't mentioned on the chat, no lateness penalty should be made. However, the way Platy was acting was ban-worthy, regardless the reason.
Gracco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platy was not tagged with his cockatrice name. I do not know if he was in the room or not at the time pairings were posted but if he was then his name is obvious enough to be tagged properly. Also if he was in the room the whole time and his opponent did not PM him I can see the reason he would call foul on this. That being said I was not there during this incident to actually know if he was in the ML room the whole time or not.

If he was in the ML room the entire time then I would side with him in this matter. If he was not in the ML room the entire time then JV would have been perfectly in the right.

That being said, judges are not perfect and mistakes are made at times. I do not see any reason to let any harsh feelings linger over this. Hopefully it can be a learning experience for everyone.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever someone joins a tournament, they can enter their cockatrice nickname. Platy entered a different name, therefore didnt get tagged correctly.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a character limit, which is longer than Platy's nick. He couldn't have put in his name on Cockatrice.
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

derflippi wrote:
Whenever someone joins a tournament, they can enter their cockatrice nickname. Platy entered a different name, therefore didnt get tagged correctly.

Fix your program then... you have a 12 character limit not my fault my name is 15 letters long... I am not changing my name because you have an out of date system. I did nothing wrong in this situation.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If his nick is Therealplatypus, surely some common sense can be used.
TheRealPlaty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
If his nick is Therealplatypus, surely some common sense can be used.

And the beat part is that he mentioned me round 1 but not round 2
Wrinkle22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you enter your ml name to log in, that links your account to an actions you make, however, each event you enter gives the field labeled chatroom nickname. it is enter right above the deck list field. In this section you should enter the full name
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is not my place. But i suffer from this also as my name on here is Radioactivez and on cockatrice ti is Radioactivehazards. To counter this issue you can set "highlight" messages in cockatrice to inform you whenever someone posts a certain word. example "TheRealPlaty" cockatrice will start blinking because that was mentioned. this will alert you to being mentioned. That is the Only help I can over I would say more about the people you are dealing with but that is not my place. I hope this issue is resolved
thmonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u behave like a child platy sort urself out
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2