Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 363 RAWR!!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: CAC 363 RAWR!! Reply with quote

Holy Crap..I actually won one of these. And yeah Maybe i should have made him cost 4 both ways since he was a 3/4. Hmm, now I have to think of a topic. Grok, asked me a long time ago what I would make if I won one of these and I wanted a new walker but I changed my mind. I remember the Egyptian theme we did a while ago. So This is what I am Going to make.

Give me something Jurassic. Dinosaur related. It can be whatever as long as it's Based in the Jurassic time period.

I will be judging on creative, flavourful, printable, competitive. I will reward 10 points total for each category. I will be judging on the 18th of June weather permitting that I can get online. (17th I am busy and may not be online all day) Good luck to All.
Stucco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ceratosaurus Attack....... 1RRR
Instant................................U

Put three 3/1 red Dinosaur creature tokens with first strike and haste onto the battlefield. Sacrifice these tokens at the end of turn.

Move up, the coast is clea... augh!

Last edited by Stucco on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pterodactyl
1RG
Creature-Dinosaur
Uncommon

Flying
Menace

~ can only block flying creatures

4/3

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
triplekriz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielberg, Steven
1UW
Planeswalker -Speilberg

+1 Target creature cannot receive damage until the end of your next turn.
-1 Target creature you control gains flying until end of turn.
-4 Place an artifact meteor token on the battlefield that has "3, sacrifice this token: destroy all creatures with power 2 or greater."

Marcus675

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triceratops Broodmother 2GG

Creature-Triceratops Rare

When Triceratops Broodmother enters the battlefield, you may suspend a creature card with time counters equal to the creature's mana cost. If it didn't already have suspend, it gains suspend.

2/3

The idea behind this card is that the creature is in an egg, and suspend is the way it can do this. I felt like creating tokens was a bit boring, and the fact that the suspend time counters is equal to the creature's cmc kind of balances the card. I feel like this card might play in Jund.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss from a T-Rex GR instant (uncommon)

Deal 4 damage to target creature.

Some one needs to tell Mr tyrannosaurus, gentleness is the key to being a good lover.

This is in reference to the fact, scientist recently discovered it is highly probable dinosaurs had lips and have been incorrectly portrayed in light of this discovery in basically every dinosaur film.
Csquared08

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Veloxa's Hunter 1RR

Creature - Dinosaur Raptor (M)

Haste

When ~ attacks, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of ~ tapped and attacking

2/1

Clever girl.

We had a dino contest earlier, so I figured I'd take advantage of that and build off of it.

Last edited by Csquared08 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sauropod Reign 1GW
Enchantment R
Creatures lose all abilities and gain +0/+2.
Too big to be eaten.

Sauropod had very small brains, their most incredible caracteristic was their huge size: not anything else. The card is like an inversed Humility, creatures will become big and dumb herbivorous.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Sauropod Reign 1GW
Enchantment R
Too big to be eaten.

Sauropod had very small brains, their most incredible caracteristic was their huge size: not anything else. The card is like an inversed Humility, creatures will become big and dumb herbivorous.

Ugh nothing worse than people who do not eat meat.
Stucco

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Sauropod Reign 1GW
Enchantment R
Too big to be eaten.

Ugh, nothing worse than disliking people based on a personal preference that has nothing to do with you. Razz
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csquared08 wrote:
Veloxa's Hunter 1RR

Haste

When ~ attacks, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of ~ tapped and attacking

2/1

Clever girl.

We had a dino contest earlier, so I figured I'd take advantage of that and build off of it.

I just wanted to point out an interesting example of parallel design. Years ago I started designing a dinosaur world on mtgsalvation, which is why I pitched the contest you linked to. One of the cards in that set was nearly identical to your raptor, right down to the flavor text. Clearly we were both thinking about how to depict a raptor from Jurassic Park.

Hunting Raptor 2R
Creature - Dinosaur
Haste
Whenever Hunting Raptor attacks, put a 3/1 red Dinosaur creature token into play tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat.
3/1
Clever girl.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/custom-set-creation-and/530275-peloran-the-dinosaur-block
Csquared08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok wrote:
Csquared08 wrote:
Veloxa's Hunter 1RR

Haste

2/1

Clever girl.

I just wanted to point out an interesting example of parallel design. Years ago I started designing a dinosaur world on mtgsalvation, which is why I pitched the contest you linked to. One of the cards in that set was nearly identical to your raptor, right down to the flavor text. Clearly we were both thinking about how to depict a raptor from Jurassic Park.

Hunting Raptor 2R
Creature - Dinosaur
Haste
Whenever Hunting Raptor attacks, put a 3/1 red Dinosaur creature token into play tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat.
3/1
Clever girl.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/custom-set-creation-and/530275-peloran-the-dinosaur-block

Oh wow. I even named mine "Hunting Raptor" until I remembered the old contest and decided to go off of that instead.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

may be your brain stored the card somewhere after you've seen it?
Csquared08

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I'd never seen the mtgsalvation thread before today.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
GreenBear wrote:
Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Sauropod Reign 1GW
Enchantment R
Too big to be eaten.

Ugh, nothing worse than disliking people based on a personal preference that has nothing to do with you. Razz

I have multiple friends who don't eat meat, I always feel they would be much better health wise if they ate meat. It is possible to be healthy and vegan but it's a lot harder.

Last edited by GreenBear on Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2