Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 363 RAWR!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plz dont do this
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/tiny-saber-toothed-terrors-among-worlds-oldest-ants-180958266/

Saber tooth vampire ants BRG

Creature - Insect

Tap : destroy target dinosaur or picnic.

"You've never had ants in your pants until you've had Saber tooth vampire ants in your pants." - Grubby, the pantsless.

4/1
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttj?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching. i said i will judge on the 18th. if i get no more cards on the 15th then sure ill judge on 16th. Going by my clock here in Mid usa.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amber Encased Mosquito 1G

Artifact Creature - Insect

T: Add <> to your mana pool

Shroud

Whenever a Human creature enters the battlefield under your control you may sacrifice Amber Encased Mosquito. If you do, put a Parklands land token onto the battlefield with 'T: add G to your mana pool, and 1G: Parklands becomes a green 6/6 Allosaurus creature with Trample and Hexproof until end of turn.'

0/1

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fix the names.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord_Cuddles wrote:
Fix the names.

Cheers Cuddles
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
HexproofCrab

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not strictly in the jurassic period...but...

Cretaceous Catastrophe
3WW (Rare)
Sorcery

Choose one or both:
-- Destroy each creature with power 3 or greater.
-- Destroy each creature with toughness 3 or greater.

Now I know that the large lifeforms didn't exactly choose to get killed or not killed...but I think this makes for a more flexible/powerful wrath that actually deserves 5 cmc...not like end hostilities which basically had no upside Sad

edit: typos
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for Dino-judging.

1.) stucco

Ceratosaurus Attack....... 1RRR
Instant................................U

Put three 3/1 red Dinosaur creature tokens with first strike and haste onto the battlefield. Sacrifice these tokens at the end of turn.

Move up, the coast is clea... augh!

4 mana for 9 power is uncommon worthy no doubt. thing that hits hard is the fact you made this instant screams rare as you can block with these. Infact you can almost turn this into a 2 for one blocking trick most of the time. I love your flavor text.

Flavour :10
Printable:5
Competitive:6
Total: 30

2.) Lord Cuddles

Pterodactyl
1RG
Creature-Dinosaur
Uncommon

Flying
Menace

~ can only block flying creatures

4/3

I first saw this and it seemed very bland, I like the edit. thing that seems off is the color choices. I would think u/g for him. Then the menace does not make sense. so after the edit Red makes more sense. I like the can only block part as it ties into the fact that it would not swoop down so low to fight with the goblins.

Flavour :8
Printable:8
Competitive:7

3.) Triplekriz

Spielberg, Steven
1UW
Planeswalker -Speilberg

+1 Target creature cannot receive damage until the end of your next turn.
-1 Target creature you control gains flying until end of turn.
-4 Place an artifact meteor token on the battlefield that has "3, sacrifice this token: destroy all creatures with power 2 or greater."

um..Did you read the challenge? Dinosaur... I have no idea how this got here. I think you were trying to capture the director of jurassic park...not sure as I do not recall who that is. I personally did not like Any of those movies. (not judging on that) I can only assume this is mythic. Not sure why we can "store" meteors

Flavour :5
Printable:3
Competitive:2
Total: 14

4.) Marcus675

Triceratops Broodmother 2GG

Creature-Triceratops Rare

When Triceratops Broodmother enters the battlefield, you may suspend a creature card with time counters equal to the creature's mana cost. If it didn't already have suspend, it gains suspend.

2/3

The idea behind this card is that the creature is in an egg, and suspend is the way it can do this. I felt like creating tokens was a bit boring, and the fact that the suspend time counters is equal to the creature's cmc kind of balances the card. I feel like this card might play in Jund.

love the concept. suspend eggs make perfect sense. I am not sure what you mean about the jund part I assume modern or legacy talk. I think the problem lies in the ETB as I see this being exploited.I wish there was a way to suspend face down as it would help him since no one would know what's in the egg.

Printable:7
Total: 29

5.) GreenBear

Kiss from a T-Rex GR instant (uncommon)

Deal 4 damage to target creature.

Some one needs to tell Mr tyrannosaurus, gentleness is the key to being a good lover.

This is in reference to the fact, scientist recently discovered it is highly probable dinosaurs had lips and have been incorrectly portrayed in light of this discovery in basically every dinosaur film.

Good explanation. and I dug into it to check the facts. I think there are some wording issues. i feel the card name would be "T-rex's Kiss" and the flavor text i think you went for something cute but having that long word of tyrannosaurs makes is sound weird. maybe "Mr. rex" also if this is ever printed i am nicknaming it Barney's kiss.. because lol.

Competitive:8
Total: 32

6.) Csquared08

Veloxa's Hunter 1RR

Creature - Dinosaur Raptor (M)

Haste

When ~ attacks, put a token onto the battlefield that is a copy of ~ tapped and attacking

2/1

Clever girl.

this is very powerful and very spot on to theme. I see an issue though as it is OP. As worded the creature makes a copy of itself when it attacks, so for 3 mana you get 6 swing. that's fine.. but next turn things go insane as now your swinging for 12 as both the creatures make more copies. and things are getting extreme in a hurry.

Flavour :9
Printable:4
Total: 26

7.) Thelemys

Sauropod Reign 1GW
Enchantment R
Creatures lose all abilities and gain +0/+2.
Too big to be eaten.

Sauropod had very small brains, their most incredible characteristic was their huge size: not anything else. The card is like an inverted Humility, creatures will become big and dumb herbivorous.

now you mention Humility which is what I thought of. were you trying to make the creatures into 0/2s? This would seem to make more sense. or were you trying to just pump the toughness to make them harder to kill?

Printable:9
Total: 33

8.) Grok

Hunting Raptor 2R
Creature - Dinosaur
Haste
Whenever Hunting Raptor attacks, put a 3/1 red Dinosaur creature token into play tapped and attacking. Exile that token at end of combat.
3/1
Clever girl.

These are very similar cards. I like the naming here slightly better. Also, this version addresses the issue I had with the other version scaling far too quickly. I think the token should be a "Raptor" token. Grok you did not post a rarity. I can only Assume mythic as the other was.

Printable:10
Competitive:8
Total: 36

9.) Jacois

Saber tooth vampire ants BRG
Creature - Insect

Tap : destroy target dinosaur or picnic.

"You've never had ants in your pants until you've had Saber tooth vampire ants in your pants." - Grubby, the pantsless.

4/1

I read the article. So this makes sense. Name is kinda weird as Saver tooth vampire...wow that's some races. I think one or the other would be better here. Also no idea what rarity this is at. What is a picnic?

Flavour :7
Competitive:9

10.)AxiomBlurr

Amber Encased Mosquito 1G

Artifact Creature - Insect

T: Add <> to your mana pool

Shroud

Whenever a Human creature enters the battlefield under your control you may sacrifice Amber Encased Mosquito. If you do, put a Parklands land token onto the battlefield with 'T: add G to your mana pool, and 1G: Parklands becomes a green 6/6 Allosaurus creature with Trample and Hexproof until end of turn.'

0/1

God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.

hmm I like this. Not sure what rarity it is. but its a 2 cmc mana dork for <>. that turns into a mana rock?? that can morph into a 6/6 for the duration of a turn. It is a little much and I am not sure if the second stage is an artifact?enchantment? creature? or what? The flavor text is cool I do not get the meaning though as there is no dinosaur to start with, but a dinosaur to "end" with.

Flavour :6
Printable:6
Total: 26

11.)HexproofCrab

Cretaceous Catastrophe
3WW (Rare)
Sorcery

Choose one or both:
-- Destroy each creature with power 3 or greater.
-- Destroy each creature with toughness 3 or greater.

you are correct not exactly the period, but I like what you did. I have to commit on end hostilities as it kills equip and bestow creatures as well as normal creatures. The upside is the equipment. I have used it many time in edh and killed swords. or lightning greaves. I like your wording as you leave the minor creatures alone. Grizzly bears do not notice the wrath neither do weenie tokens. and the flexibility is nice because it works against a wallish defense deck while leaving your fatties alive.

Flavour :7
Printable:10
Competitive:9
Total 35

The winner is Grok with 36 points. Hex came in late and was a Very close second. Well played by all. Cheers.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all

btw I loved Amber Encased Mosquito
Csquared08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how much it would have changed things, but my card was a 2/1. You seemed to think it was a 3/1.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think kiss from a t-rex is better, like kiss from a rose by seal, surely you've heard of that song.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2