Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 361 revised

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: CAC 361 revised Reply with quote

Thanks to thelemys for the win.

Today's challenge fall's on memorial day, yesterday I did the murph http://www.mensfitness.com/training/endurance/are-you-crazy-enough-do-murph-memorial-day-weekend?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=crazytodomurph took me an hour 52 minutes to do as my mark of respect (for the men who fight the wars, I have none for the people who make them).

The challenge for memorial day is to create a magic card in honor of murph himself. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_P._Murphy

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-true-meaning-of-memorial-day-workouts.html?mcid=SM_FB_Training

As always I place emphasis on creativity. Printability, balance, flavour will also be graded as well.
Stucco

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple Heart..................3
Artifact - Equipment......U

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance .

Purple Heart can only be equipped to a creature that received combat damage this turn.

Equip 0

Sacrifice is leaving a piece of yourself on every battlefield.

Last edited by Stucco on Mon May 30, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy, Training Soldier
RW
Legendary Creature-Human Soldier
Rare

1RW: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~. Then ~ gains your choice of either Vigilance or First Strike

2/3

Training is difficult, until you realize that you have surpassed everyone else in your legion.
-Aurelia, Boros Commander

Last edited by Lord_Cuddles on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
triplekriz

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boot Camp
Land
Uncommon

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
2T: Put a 0/1 artifact wall token onto the battlefield. Exile it at the next end step.

Creatures blocked by walls get trample until end of turn

[/i] A solider starts out the same as everyone else and making everyone everyone go through boot camp proves it. Eventually soldiers build up and eventually have the power to go through the struggles of training and eventually war.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

False Flag Patriot 1BB

Creature - Human Soldier - Common

Sacrifice False Flag Patriot: Each player loses 4 life and sacrifices a creature.

1/1

All lose at war.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Imperialism Casualties 1WR
Enchantement R
2, Sacrifice a creature: Imperialism Casualties deals X damages to each creature that doesn't share a color with the sacrified creature where X is the sacrified creature's power.
Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato

Last edited by Thelemys on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys wrote:
Quote:
Collateral Damages 1WR
Enchantement R
2, Sacrifice a creature: Collateral Damages deals X damages to each creature that doesn't share a color with the sacrified creature where X is the sacrified creature's power.

I think that name already has a card.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://mtgcardsmith.com/view/michael-the-protector

The first ability reflects his "protector" name and ways he earned that name.

The second ability reflects his mission in operation Red wings to find the Taliban leader. The Taliban struck us first so I wanted to refect that.

The 3rd ability reflect his sacrifice to the united states. He went ahead and signaled our troops so i wanted to show "our troops" in the form of soldiers.

His starting loyalit is the month in which he was born, as is his Casting cost.

White is the color of protection so it only made sense.

Last edited by radioactivez on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radioactivez wrote:
I think that name already has a card.
You are right, I changed the name. Thank you!
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will judge this around this time tomorrow, unless people start posting more submissions or indicate they are in the process of creating a submission.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grading

Stucco

Purple Heart..................3
Artifact - Equipment......U

Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has vigilance .

Purple Heart can only be equipped to a creature that received combat damage this turn.

Equip 0

Sacrifice is leaving a piece of yourself on every battlefield.

We start with a really strong submission, if I recall correctly you mentioned your brother was in the military a long time ago. The heart is of course an award murph won himself and only being able to equip to creatures that were dealt combat damage fits the card nicely. The flavour is excellent the card is far from overpowered.

Creativity 7/8

Balance 5/5

Print Ability 5/5

Flavour 5/5

22/23

Lord_cuddles

Murphy, Training Soldier
RW
Legendary Creature-Human Soldier
Rare

1RW: Put a +1/+1 counter on ~. Then ~ gains your choice of either Vigilance or First Strike

2/3

Training is difficult, until you realize that you have surpassed everyone else in your legion.
-Aurelia, Boros Commander

This is a reasonable submission, the card does not really reflect what murph did for his country, but it reflects the intensive training he had to go through. Card is balanced and flavour wise it makes sense.

Creativity 4/8

Balance 5/5

Print Ability 5/5

Flavour 4/5

18/23

Triple_kriz

Boot Camp
Land
Uncommon

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
2T: Put a 0/1 artifact wall token onto the battlefield. Exile it at the next end step.

Creatures blocked by walls get trample until end of turn

[/i] A solider starts out the same as everyone else and making everyone everyone go through boot camp proves it. Eventually soldiers build up and eventually have the power to go through the struggles of training and eventually war.

Iím not a fan of this card, itís a little odd it does very little, I donít understand why, a boot camp would be making wall tokens that are most likely going to block enemy creatures favour wise it does not fit. Not over powered by any means and does not tell murphs tale.

Creativity 3/8

Balance 5/5

Printability 5/5

Flavour 2/5

15/23

AxiomBlurr

False Flag Patriot 1BB

Creature - Human Soldier - Common

Sacrifice False Flag Patriot: Each player loses 4 life and sacrifices a creature.

1/1

All lose at war.

I am somewhat ambivalent about this card, I understand your feeling towards war, I really do. But I feel hating on the soldiers, who regardless of what side they fight for are doing a brave thing trying to be heroís, even if they are not is wrong. There are much better people to aim the hate at, bush, blair, the billion dollar arms industry, that needs war to keep making money. I doubt wizards would print this card for these reasons, but it is balanced, flavour is reasonable if a little disrespectful and it does provide an alternate view of the situation which is creative.

Creativity 7/8

Balance 5/5

Printability 0/5

Flavour 4/5

16/23

Thelemys

Imperialism Casualties 1WR
Enchantement R
2, Sacrifice a creature: Imperialism Casualties deals X damages to each creature that doesn't share a color with the sacrified creature where X is the sacrified creature's power.

Another really strong submission, this card very cleverly reflects what murph actually did, flavour wise it is a big win I like the quote as itís very true, itís also balanced and printable.

Creativity 8/8

Balance 5/5

Printability 5/5

Flavour 5/5

23/23

Radioactivez

Michael, The protector (pw mythic rare)
(5)

A surprisingly strong submission, a creative card that flavourfully reflects what Michael did reasonably well. If you had made him a spirit planes walker I think I would have gave it more points. Seems reasonably balanced though, though with the +2 it can create a lot of tokens perhaps a bit too quick.

Creativity 7/8

Balance 3/5

Printability 5/5

Flavour 5/5

20/23

Well this was an easy round to judge so few submissions.
So thelemys wins, with stucco in second, radioactivez in third, I will let you three guys decide between you who makes the next round. Iím sorry to give the win to the person who gave it to me but I hope you can all see, that his card best reflected what I was looking for.

GG best of luck everyone in the next round.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted my walker to make a lot of tokens fast, as I wanted to reflect the size of our troops. Also I thought about making him a spirit. But since i was going for him as human and his last ability was a sacrifice. Making him human, made more sense. I also liked the quote from Plato. I thought of using the quote from punisher but it did not fit entirely as it is more about revenge then war.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1