Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 356 Judged

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no new sub for 2 days
kamphgruppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair Maiden W1 (Rare)

Creature - Human, Druid

Humans you control have vigilance

1/1

At the end of your turn if you control 2 or more vampires, Transform Fair Maiden

Despite the endearing name Applewood was a den thieves, pickpockets and murders. Yet somehow this hive of villainy produced the purest and fairest maiden of all.

Dark Nemesis

Creature - Vampire, Druid

Vampires you control have lifelink

3/3

At the end of any turn if 2 or more vampires die, Transform Dark Nemesis

The Fair Maiden was courted by princes and kings alike. To everyone's dismay her head and heart fell to the dark wanderer.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens if you control 4 vampires and only 2 die does she flip, then Reflip? okay now it makes sense.

Last edited by radioactivez on Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Grok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret Feeder - 2U

Creature - Vampire - Common

Flying

Whenever one or more cards are put into an opponent's graveyard from their library, put a +1/+1 counter on Secret Feeder.

2/1

Some vampires are content to feast on the blood of mortals. Others have more refined tastes.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grok, your dude synergies so well with my dude. Very Happy
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge please!
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging within the next 24 hours.
McDonalds

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colonel Sanders (3WW) (Creature) (Vampire) (Rare)

When Colonel Sanders enters the battlefield, you may exile target Black creature an opponent controls until Colonel Sanders leaves the battlefield. The controller of the exiled creature loses life equal to its power, and you gain that much life.

4/3

Please stop supporting KFC and their racist spokesperson. Get rid of Colonel Sanders and everything will go back to normal.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging in process.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't decided on a winner yet. I picked out 5 that I'm not sure of how I want to judge their submission.

AlexPistols
Spectral Vampire
To me, two things feel wrong about this.
The manacost is very unique for Innistrad. Even for a rare, aside from Essence of the Wild it'd be only card with three manasymbols in it. Would be better with a cost of 1WU or 2WU.
The replacement effect seems the wrong way. Instead of causing damage to the opponent when you gain life, I feel vampires are gaining life on damage. It's wrong way.
Not in my closer look.

Jacois
Defanged Outcast
I had a card like this in mind when creating the challenge. I can easily imagine a card with that name, power/toughness, rarity and flavortext seeing print in an Innistrad set. But aren't Vampires strong because of their teeth? The "life" of a vampire that lost their teeth should focus on survival. I can see a teeth-less vampire somewhere in the woods, feeding from opportunities they get. But I don't believe it'd continously make them stronger. A Defanged Outcast wants to survive. The ability seems to misrepresent this opportunity/survival to me.
Not in my closer look.

ShamedShadow

Markov Matron
Mother of Runes, except really old. Maybe it's not even that this Markov Matron can't heal or protect non-Vampires, but that it doesn't want to do that. Seeing how epic Mother of Runes, the obvious inspiration for this is in Magic history, I would prefer Markov Matron as rare instead of uncommon.
Just a minor deficiency, so it's definitely in my closer look.

Stucco

Bloodline Oracle

kenny180
Angelus
Buffy is not on Innistrad.
Not in my closer look.

Thelemys
Digitalis Obscura
Interesting, it is a vampiric, plantastic, next round.

radioactivez
Disgraced Occultist
While this color has only white manasymbols, I think it'd fit better as black card. It doesn't feel white to me. Or, it has the right abilities and manacost, but should be a human. Either way, something is wrong with it.
Not in my closer look

GreenBear
Fang of the Eldrazi
I liked this card. But I made clear that I dislike bad wordings. It should be "Fang of the Eldrazi", "Whenever", "8 or greater", "colorless". Nice concept, fits a possible mystery the clues might direct us at, but the wording has many problems. Somehow, I have to filter a winner. Maybe Top8-Top4, but not going to win.

Lord_Cuddles

Mind Drinker

Marcus675

Obsessive Creator
Not a vampire. Not in my closer look.

OctoOoze
Veil of Moondust
Weird, the connection of clues and research and getting bitten seems too crafted. Not in my closer look.

AxiomBlurr
Fanged Misanthrope

skeven

Lugosi of the Graveyard Marsh
Overloaded. Why can you use the activated ability only when Lugosi has exactly two +1/+1 counters? It's a shaman that seems to have some grasp of nature. Why does it fly?
Not in my closer look.

kamphgruppe
Fair Maiden
Not a vampire. Can become one, but one could say that about every human. Not in my closer look.

grok
Secret Feeder
I think this should have Skulk instead of Flying and be Uncommon. I like the simplicity of how you formed my challenge into a card. In finals.

This leaves in final round of judging:

ShamedShadow
Markov Matron

Stucco
Bloodline Oracle

Thelemys
Digitalis Obscura

AxiomBlurr
Fanged Misanthrope

grok
Secret Feeder

Chosing a winner from these won't be easy. Please forgive me that I need some more time(+16h) to make up my mind on this.
Lord_Cuddles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even get looked at. And I thought it was pretty good. Sad
Grok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you're not done judging yet, but I'm not sure your suggested changes to my submission make sense. If you give something that gradually gets bigger Skulk, you are sort of undermining the evasion; every time the card the card grows, it becomes easier to block, so you feel conflicted (do I want to grow it, or keep it unblockable?). I'm not sure that sort of contradictory tension is interesting, although depending on how easy it is to mill multiple times, I could see how flying would be too strong. I don't have a strong feeling about its rarity though, it could easily be an uncommon.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're taking the time for last words, all I'd like to say is that I made my card an uncommon because it's inherently less powerful than Mother of Runes and as a nod to Mother of Runes, which has been an uncommon in all of its printings.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winner is ShamedShadow.

I think that card feels most Innistrad-like. The other cards are more spirit/ghost than Vampire and the Platn Obscura is too weird.
Grok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I really like ShamedShadow's updated Mother of Runes. It definitely feels like a vampire that could exist in Innistrad. However, I agree with Derflippi that it would be absurd to keep at uncommon. The original Mother of Runes was printed before Wizards cared about balanced draft formats; if you've ever played with it in limited outside of cube, you would understand why it is so miserable. Your opponent basically can't attack or block ever again, and it saves itself from removal. Just leaving it untapped with the threat of activation leads to incredibly boring, stalled games that you will inevitably win. Any card that offers a repeatable, free activation that can generate card advantage should probably be rare or mythic for the purposes of limited.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3