Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WUR control

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Void06

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helix definitly seems like the better card choice to me.
onecleanceli

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be honest, i'd find room for 4 of each of them... electrolyze hits multiple targets, is better vs weenie/rush... takes out 2 elves at a time, or whatever, plus gives you the card back you used up to play it.... helix kills bigger creatures and you gain life for 1 less mana, or can be a 6 pt life swing..... they both have great value, i dont see this deck NOT running the full compliment of both... and dont say there isnt room... you can find room
Spacies

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this deck on the forums about a month ago about time people clicked onto the fact that its good, Obvisouly agro based decks just get raped.

Here is the optimal list that has been tested and has been very solid.

1 Oboro, Palace in the Clouds
4 Island
1 Plains
2 Battlefield Forge
4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Shivan Reef
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Steam Vents
4 Jushi Apprentice
4 Firemane Angel
2 Shard Phoenix
4 Wrath of God
2 Compulsive Research
4 Cerebral Vortex
4 Electrolyze
4 Faith's Fetters
4 Hinder
4 Mana Leak

Keeping in mind how good the dekc is vs agro its almost imposible to win vs UR land d after testing that match up out multiple times I almost wanted to give up on this deck.

This is more of a metagame deck than anything, it will do good in an agro meta but not so good in a slow
control/ combo metagame.
kendiggy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo, the deck is pretty good, I played it in the trial today and got fourth.
The best part was the fact that 2/5 of my matches were aggro, and I smashed them. Round one I played against GBW control and decked him game one with like five minutes left in the round. He conceded the game two to me. Bye round two. Round three r/w aggro w/o jitte. Round four g/w elf aggro. Round five gwb control.
After thinking about my loss in the fifth round, I realized that due to the results of the first round, I should have played it out because there still is the possibility that I could have won with blinking spirits or decking him after he eradicated my firemanes, but I was really frustrated about getting mana screwed game one, so I conceded.
Anyways, blinking spirit is almost (key word there - almost) better than meloku against the aggro decks because he's invulnerable to removal and he dosn't put counters on jitte. I just wish he had flying.
I am debating putting meloku in here, he does seem like a good fit. Really no reason not to. Only time will tell.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: imo Reply with quote

i really like this deck, its very very good on paper. I might add a shard pheonix to the list to combat aggressive decks mroe efficiently, and its recursive... I might also have to add the 4 helix, because it seems that your only threat is the angel or meloku, and you might need to supplement your damage dealing with burn..Char might not be to bad here aswell, and it kills more stuff. Ive seen a version of this in current t2 with gifts ungiven to get an angel/pheonix/tidings/gifts and it always won after that. Spacies your deck is lacking in the counterspell department, which is exactly why you lose to the U/R...
Danker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't sacred ground be good against UR?
OldBear

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see people actually like the deck. Smile
Apos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if this deck is good or not but i was thinkin about 1 thing doesnt quicken rulez in a deck with wrath of god and tidings?
i mean cmon once ur opponent will hear eot wrath he will be scared like hell Very Happy
Vodka_drink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onecleanceli wrote:
to be honest, i'd find room for 4 of each of them... electrolyze hits multiple targets, is better vs weenie/rush... takes out 2 elves at a time, or whatever, plus gives you the card back you used up to play it.... helix kills bigger creatures and you gain life for 1 less mana, or can be a 6 pt life swing..... they both have great value, i dont see this deck NOT running the full compliment of both... and dont say there isnt room... you can find room

i would agree for sure with onecelanceli...those are two amazing cards that you should be using 4 of

vodka
OldBear

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the deck, was designed myself with the help of the guys on mws play.

Last edited by OldBear on Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well as far as i am aware i did. Havent seen anything about it anywhere else. There is a whole world out there so its unlikely im the only person with this sort of idea but i havent seen much else about a deck like this. And this is the first deck list of such ive seen cant say ive done much searching but the work was all mine.

4 Helix would be nice I agree on that, but the deck is about getting a balance. I would certainly like room for more but its not that easy to find. I did alot of testing to come to the list that I reached and I feel that 4 wog 2 helix and 4 electrolyze plus the counter back up, is more than adequate to deal with the aggro.

Okmar the deck your running and the list im running are not really the same deck. They share a similar mana base but the principal of what both decks is trying to achieve is very different. Ie yours is more counter burn, whilst my deck takes a much slower advantage based control approach.

I do not know about other peoples experince with ur wildfire but i dont see how the deck can actually lose vs that deck. I played it once in masters and it was a very easy game for me. As was the deck in all my testing prior too masters. I can not see sacred ground being needed at all. Blinking spirit is your best creature vs this deck. Meloku any weenies, and Firemane any control based match, is the general rule.

Last edited by OldBear on Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:00 am; edited 2 times in total
na_boa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: This deck has been suffering some interesting changes.. Reply with quote

You should consider adding some quicken's. Tidings and wrath are amazing cards but u have to be tapped out to do them and leave yourself exposed to a dangerous card like kodama or the unexpectedly good Giant solifuge. Also doing a wrath at the end of your oponent's turn is quite interesting, as well as compulsive research and tidings. Plus u draw a card and keep the card adavantage.
OldBear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have to tap out to cast wrath of god or tidings certainly not if you have the mana too play quicken as well. Next time try thinking through what your saying, so I do not have to make you look stupid.
Lackeos

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so seriously, what should the sideboard be?

vs UR - maybe some Sacred Grounds, maybe some enchantment destruction, Plagiarize
vs Glare - maybe Pithing Needles, artifact destruction, more Rewind,
vs GGG - Plagiarize
vs U/x control - Boseiju, Firemane Angel, Rewind
vs aggro - lol, j/k
vs B/W - ??? That's a tough one. What do you do when your hand will definitely get raped?

I've read the explanation about "this match rarely finishes game 2" and w/e, but we should discuss the sideboard.

edit: btw, stop gaying it UberJeber. You don't have to be mean to someone just because they don't know that Quicken is bad. Show some class.
Finality

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people are a bit hard on Quicken. You don't HAVE to cast it with a Sorcery, use it just to thin your deck. WUR doesn't have any turn 1 spells, you can put in 4 Quickens to play turn 1 to thin and to use to make Tidings, Research, and for some reason maybe Wrath of God instants.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10