Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BFZ 8-4 Draft 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: BFZ 8-4 Draft 3 Reply with quote

The draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqaQzoX6ls

Round 1 (over replay as forgot to record) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtoRKfLqnT4

Round 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb_XRVe36Ek

Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp6v-aCy2SE (sorry for the black square on screen quality job i know!)

Hope you enjoy. Feedback Welcomed.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching now. will comment to picks as they happen.

pack 1 pick 1 =vile, he will go in every deck even as a 3 drop 1/5 he holds the board if nothing else.
pack 1 pick 2= sentinel makes little sense since you skipped on red, so i would take coils or retreat.
pack 2 pick 1= not sure thats tough, you need the drone.
pack 2 pick 2 rolling thunder is easily correct.
pack 2 pick 3= take the predator or the dominator drone, sludge is weak here. i think you take the predator and stick the course.
pack 2 pick 6=(i think) oracle of dust is much better and in ur archtype.
pack 3 pick 1 infiltraitor easily.
pack 3 pick 4, maybe 5 incubator is loads better.
next pick, invoker is trash. take the combat trick.

Wavewinger should never make deck, too slow. ruin is much better.
any cloud mantras is too many. Also i have found war paint to be ok in most builds.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack 1 pick 1 I explained why I took runiator, as I think he is better, with less synergy. There both great and you can not really blame anyone for taking either.

Pack 1 pick 2 Totally disagree with this, the biggest mistake average drafters make is passing the winning deck to the person next to them because they were worried about sending signals rather than reading them. The pick was made in hopes of picking up the nuts ur deck.

pack 2 pick 1 I think coils is better, in the nuts deck the drone is better but the way pack 1 went its unlikely were getting that deck.

pack 2 pick 2 that's why I took the rolling thunder

pack 2 pick 3 neither of those cards adds a great deal to my deck better, to keep my options open.

pack 2 pick 6 I prefer cloud manta I think that's what I took over it, great evasive creature

pack 3 pick 1 why are you commenting on picks I made the same as you again.

pack 3 pick 4 I'm undecided between the two cards, I like the tap ability in an aggressive deck and this deck was aggressive

pack 3 pick 5, maybe your experience has been very different to mine but envoker is great he provides a reasonably priced body early and can take over a game late.

War paint is awfull, in every limited format it has ever been in. I totally disagree with you here. If you watch the game's, you will see that cloud mantas were essential in almost all the victories.

a 6 mana evasion creature will always end a game quicker than a 7 mana life gainer. Double coils makes the wavewing much more appealing.

You seem to be trying to hard to force the synergy deck here when its not coming, I feel recognising that and not taking weaker cards when the deck was not open enough for the reward is why I won the draft.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack 1 pick 1:i understand ur choice on pack 1 pick 1 i was just comment my viewpoint.
pick 2 i feel you already handed the nuts r something deck by passing on vile i would try to steer into the nuts u/b deck now.
pack 2 pick 1 i agree just saying my piece.
pack 2 pick 2, made comment before you took, so i agree.
pack 2 pick 3 i think drone is better than most give credit
pack 2 pick 6 i found mantra to be useless, thats my own opinion thats all.
pack 3 pick 1 you thought it longer than I did Smile mine was snap take
pack 3 pick 4 or 5, i lost count on the pick i only cared that the tapper in my book is Awful. processing is bad.

6 mana for a horrible creature is just bad play. also I disagree with the idea to EVER take weak cards. ur deck is ok but on a scale of 1-10 i would have to put it at a 4. there was a better deck in there you did not find it. ( i mean no offense. I am just Very strict in my picking.) When i draft and i see nothing strong for my deck i hate draft from other decks, weak cards should never be taken unless last picks. On Goblin war paint I say this. A lot of the games are dictated by big but guys, white/blue/ and red all have big asses early and paint can help you get through that.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you were taking weaker cards through out, to try and support a synergy deck that was not open. It seems like you committed to the idea pack 1 you can not do that in draft and expect great results.

I most certainly will not give up on archtype because I passed one card for the archtype (by your terrible logic regardless of if I passed guide or agrregrate I can not go into ur), there were 2 great cards for the archtype in the pack and I was taking one of them, I don't care a hoot about the signal I'm sending because my job is to work out the signal I'm being sent, not sending, if the person shipping to me, is passing the ur cards I'm going to be ur regardless of what card I passed as I'm not in the habbit of shipping the tournament winning deck to the person next to me, thinking I'm sending a signal when all I'm really doing is being awful at drafting. Like I said this is the concept most average drafters do not grasp.

If my opponent commits to red based on the second pick of the draft, and I go into red his deck will suffer a lot mine will not. I will reap the rewards of the extra hard cut pack 2 and my pack 3 will be amazing.

How can you expect to be taken seriously though when you say snapping drake is bad, but goblin war paint is good?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

snapping drake?? what drake. 4 mana 3/2 flyer is horrible. at 3 mana sure but not 4. I rate what i say based on results i will never win a game with mantra but i have won games off war paint. i did not main paint, but i sided in for slow match-ups. Yes i commit early because i know what I want to use an be damned the rest of the draft. I have always been that way, this format i find once you set an archtype, Stay and reap. you spend too much time "finding" your place and you find it it at round 1 drop.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude I'm turning a nice profit, in the 8-4s on modo in this format, your still losing in r1 of magic-league drafts. You need to do more listening and less talking if you want to learn how to draft. Your current philosophy leaves you with a ten if you get lucky otherwise a train wreck.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m.l drafts are a joke bro i have not lost once due to bad picks so relax your ego. you on the other hand are taking bela ged and thinking ur a god. i have been respectable in my posts but you are borderline insulting.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you do know I can check your ml rating. Relax my ego 'i have not lost once due to bad picks' LOL. At least my ego is some what justified, I don't know where yours is coming from.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as i said m.l rating is a pure 100% joke, like I give a crap. it nets me nothing at all. infact i probably lose more than i gain just by playing on m.l. for me its just something to do. you think every time a player goes to zero they lost. that's not all the game is about.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you would ever know what I think. Your very derogatory and disrespectful towards the site you play on for free. They say you learn more from a loss than a victory, so I imagine playing on ml benefits you a great deal.

This is what I think about winning.

1. You cheat you lose and become worse than anyone in my estimation who had the integrity to choose not to cheat.

2. Winning is about self sacrifice and mental discipline, its about being prepared to do the things other people are not. Be that spending 8 hours a day in a library for a month to get that 1st, not going out partying at the weekends training and resting instead to be ready for that competition, eating food you don't even like, until you almost throw up just because its good for you, giving up a food because its bad for you despite the fact you love it. It's about being prepared to look foolish, to be wrong, to fail because you know that's just a step on the way. I've looked foolish and been wrong a thousand times before and I've come through and won 999 times as well.

3. If you think playing the game the sport whatever it maybe, is part of work, find something else to do the actual playing is the fun part, if you don't enjoy the game anymore find a different game.

4. Winning can only be done, when its you, or you and your team, vs someone else. Winning where you awarded something by a panel of judges or general public is not winning, that's a popularity contest and its more about if people like you or not than if you were more skilful than your opponent, more prepared, more knowledgeable, more determined, willing to suffer.

5. Some people have no idea what it takes to win, there's a name for those people. They think there just bad at everything, but no one expect a very lucky few are born brilliant at something but if your smart and determined and understand what it takes to win you can put your mind to anything and become good at it.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playing on ml does more damage then good for my play ability, that is a clear fact. Winning should never involve insulting or putting your opponent down in any way. I am never prepared to insult my opponents to win and i Never will. Most pros cannot say the same and you yourself cannot. playing bad cards is a direct insult to your opponent. you should never come at them at half power or even any meter below 100%. When you show me drafts that you run bela ged (using him for example because its handy) I already know you lost those drafts. you insulted the other player and every player because you used underhanded tactics to win. I agree with your values for a win except that you should never be willing to stoop so low. M.L like WOTC hates its players (they seem to) they take more from them then they give. The principals that drive these sites are wrong, they think its a formula to win. like a tried and true method for each win. That is not correct. it takes skill to win and it takes luck. Sometimes the best way to win a game is to just concede. Winning via underhanded tactics is worse than normal losing in my book. I rather scoop 1 million games then ever lower my standards. I am very strict on how I go about winning.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1