Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BFZ 8-4 Draft 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: BFZ 8-4 Draft 2 Reply with quote

BFZ draft 2 pretty straight forward draft this time, games really highlighted the power of nettle drone.

The Draft https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUJf3jTD4Xg

Round 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZFjsK8Zjc

Round 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGl_dzv_rx4

Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7WVQEM8lY8

Hope you enjoy feedback appreciated.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couple of odd picks but i agreed with with 98% of them i think the channler, the sludge crawler and the flames should have been picked over the cards you took over them, I had a better reply typed but the site went down and i lost it sorry.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me, what I took at least?
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will watch it again, .

ok pack 1 pick 1 I fully agree here, but you did not mention the second best card, adverse conditions.
pack 2 pick 2 you took vestige over channler here. i think channler would have been better because you had the 5 drop alley but you rather a 5 drop colorless guy to continue your flavor.
3 picks later you grabbed skitterskin of sludge crawler, and i have found skin to just be awful unless you are hyper aggressive, you lack the early drops for that build. you need more 1-2 guys for that deck.
pack 3 pick 2 you took mind over evolving wilds, i do not think mind does anything for you while wilds fixes your mana and filters your deck some
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

I disagree with vestige over channeler, due to both synergy and the fact I'm not a fan of playing eldrazi and the cards that compliment channeler and make it better than just a 4/4 for 5. My deck was not really a big spells deck.

Crawler over Skiterskin I'm not sure, I don't like either. I know what Karsten has said about crawler and he is a player I greatly respect. Personally I do not see it though and I think a lack of ingest cards makes it a lot less appealing. It is certainly lower on my curve though and I think I was looking for that, so it probably should have been the pick. I think one of the best pieces of draft advice I was ever given, back on modo sharks by adam prozak, was when in doubt between two cards take the one with the lower mana cost and this applies here.

I think mind is a decent sideboard card, in the right match up and as I was two colour and intending to play 18 lands as I had serpentine spike and tend to favour more lands in my decks anyway, I prefer the sideboard card.

Thanks for the feedback.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had channler yesterday and he was just a dumb 4/4 but he helps with stuff like strike and if you sided into anything with awaken, like the boiling earth you took. in this deck oddly enough the 4 mana mind rot with awaken actually helps.
radioactivez

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly i would not mind talking to you on cockatrice about bfz instead of constant replying on this forum.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I rarely use cockatrice, in fact I don't even have the bfz updates. I have not used magic-league except for the forums, except on the odd occasion since 2005-6. I just can't seem to stop using the forum's old habits die hard i guess.

You can always send me a private message over the forums if you like.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1