Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggest a format to replace RFTs

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Format you'd like to replace RFTs?
Vintage
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Pauper
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Random Sealed
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Tiny Leaders
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
French EDH
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kaleidoscope
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tribal Wars Legacy
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Australian 7 Point Highlander
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Ancient
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
RFT
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

Jinete_dV
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Suggest a format to replace RFTs Reply with quote

RFTs are the trials that consistently get the lowest attendance, so let's improve.

Links to information about these formats:

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Casual
http://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/rules-and-formats/formats
http://tinyleaders.blogspot.com/
http://www.auseternal.com/7-point-highlander/
http://www.duelcommander.com/ French EDH

Don't like any of those options? Post your own suggestion.

Last edited by Jinete_dV on Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
saurgoth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of Other formats already sanctioned by m-l that could use some love. Out of every 13 Trials, I'd love to see 3 Standard, 3 Modern, 3 Limited, and 4 Other/Eternal/Block.

BYOT2
MYOS
BYOB
RFT...

Most importantly, give them diverse time slots. Weekend Trials have the lowest attendance, and RFTs have been getting shat on for months by being placed in those slots.
FrozenSlave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: format to replace rft Reply with quote

the only format i can see working here would be Normal Quad player edh. Make our own Ban list to ban the Stupid OP cards and make it fair. other than that non of these sound like fun.
Banditus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pauper, pls o pls o pls
_Godica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replacing RFT with another casual format will just lead to the same problem. Casual/kitchentable players who would be most interested in a weird fun format are not the players who are going to find and play on M-L -- even if they are looking for opportunities to play online, there is no reason for them to be on M-L instead of just playing pub games on Cockatrice or another platform.

Either keep RFT, because it's something the league has been doing for a long time and is known for, or get rid of the "obligatory weekly casual trial" slot entirely.

Last edited by _Godica on Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gracco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think random sealed is a good idea if we use a generator for it. That way we are still keeping true to the random part of it all while playing a format that is incredibly easier to get into and play with.
DuckyNinja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Saurgoth. Whatever you stick on a Saturday afternoon is likely to be the lowest attended trial. If you want to try a different atypical format, I would suggest RFT sealed - 1 core set, 2 big sets, 4 small sets. 7 packs instead of 6 because you're going to be losing some cards to lack of synergy.
mazaza

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is better to rotate through a few different types but not just remove RFT.

We could have RFT plus three or four other types for interest value and not having the same things happening all the time.
AndreMarfo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that Sealed would be clunky to organize..

So, after this consideration, my vote goes to Pauper
w1gl4f

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see eternal events. ether legacy or vintage, although it seems likely that people wouldnt come play vintage :/
Sveiks
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintahe is actually quite hilarious to play once in a while. And I have also filled Vintage minis pretty easily.
w1gl4f

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sveiks wrote:
Vintahe is actually quite hilarious to play once in a while. And I have also filled Vintage minis pretty easily.

then vintage...not close...
sonan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont reply, its perfect man. Just do some regular minis to everybody test the decks, so we can go a bit confident to trial
Steveman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cube.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say keep the RFT but stick to the format for some fixed number of trials, let's say 4 for example, or for a period of time, a month i.e.
RFT is nice for those who like deckbuilding. Deckbuilding with expansions that were not thought to pair together can be challenging. But if every RFT "rotates", then deckbuilding becomes less attractive, and all you can do/find are the usual winnie/aggro deck and its control nemesis. If the RFT sticks for a while, the " meta" can evolve and deckbuilding becomes more interesting.
Also i would announce in a better way the dates and sets, so that it is really visible and can catch some casual visitor's attention. As it is now you must now they exist and what this web is about to find the calendar.
I would announce the sets and dates 10 days before the RFT rotates, in a visible anouncement so that anyone can start deckbuilding with anticipation, not just the day the tournament is.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2