Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spectators

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

What do you think about spectators?
Always allow spectators
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
Allow players to protect their games with passwords
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

FF3Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The existence of a C&D has no bearing whether or not Wizards has a case: a C&D is a procedural tool that does not carry the force of law and is just the opinion of the attorney that wrote it. The C&D being/not being a scare tactic and having/not having legal basis are not mutually exclusive. A C&D having legal reasoning does not make the alleged action unlawful: many legal theories have plausible bases and are still ultimately rejected during litigation.

As to whether or not Wizards has a case against either M-L or a platform, you have noted a few facts and no legal rules beyond the dictionary definitions of intellectual property and damages. I am not persuaded that Wizards has a case. I would be hesitant to form my own opinions of what is and isn't illegal on such tenuous grounds.
seeBanane
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not go off-topic on this thread, feel free to have discussions about legality elsewhere.
Since I see that the vote is actually 5-4 I will admit that it seems as if a significant portion of the playerbase does not mind passwords. I will post a link to this thread during the next trials/master, if that is alright with the admins, as I think that it would be good to get as many people as possible to vote.
A thing I might add to the discussion is that this is not about minorities being discriminated against. The needs (and wants) of the many definitely outweigh those of the few in this scenario, since it does virtually no harm to anyone to be treated like other people are [lest you would like to convince me that everybody who voted for passwords is a slow control player who would never get to see other players' games].
I agree with grok in that it's simply entertaining to watch other people's matches. I also agree with whoever said it that magic-league is designed to be competitive. I will always hold my opponent to the rules if they miss triggers, mess up with their deckhashs etc.
I must admit that I didn't know that you could not spectate on MTGO.. I just find it to be okay for everybody to have a slight disadvantage (effectively annulling it) in order for everybody to have potentially more entertainment during pauses.
seeBanane
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side-note: Would it be possible to combine this thread with Gigabyte's one?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2